Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging During the Coronapocalypse?

Options

Comments

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    @Botch I usually don't get much of a ring when using the egg. So this was by far the best one I have gotten. I will say that I have used celery seed 2 cooks in a row ( the last was on a stick burner - not mine ) and have had similar results.

And I had better, longer lasting smoke...

I will add...the best brisket that I have ever cooked...had no ring at all
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,666
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina That’s an awesome looking sandwich brother. I’d give up a whole pack of TP for one of those right now.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,013
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @JohnInCarolina That’s an awesome looking sandwich brother. I’d give up a whole pack of TP for one of those right now.
    Thank you my friend!  That is the highest of compliments in these troubled times!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,013
    Options
    thetrim said:

Those look awesome.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    After the smoked salmon was done yesterday I did a couple strip steaks for dinner. Today I smoked another big salmon filet. When I pulled it off I threw on a dozen chicken legs for a nice slow smoke. Bird meat. It’s what’s for dinner. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I made a sammich:

Home made whole wheat bread, sriracha aioli, brisket point, fried egg.  As the kids say... this did not suck.
    🤤 looks great!!

Brandon - Ohio

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 483
    Options
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not egg cooked (since my farking bands blew up yesterday) but we made spaghetti sauce with some more venison. Pretty cool to eat dinner and I can look out the window and see the spot where my meat came from. 

Free range, antibiotic free, non GMOs deer. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Nice!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,214
    Options
    If you're reading this thread and haven't made the brisket chili (from Salado) recipe yet, you really have to do it when you get a chance.  It is so, so good.
    Agreed. It’s awesome. It is a little spicy per the recipe though. First timers should cut some of the heat and then add it back to taste. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I’ve got a brisket on that stalled at 142F for 5.5hrs. Just moved to 144F so I’m hoping to get the bark set.  Maybe the next stall won’t be so rough. No worries if it doesn’t taste like crap. I’ve got all the time in the world today. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    Oatmeal molasses bread. Not Egged. 

Dude.  If you toast a slice of that and take a pic of it with melted butter on it, I might have to ignore all travel recommendations and come find you.  Just sayin'

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    That is beautiful bread!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks all. Wish I could take credit, but this was in fact my wife’s doing. I provided the moral support and helped keep the kids at bay for the prep. 

The backstory to this bread may in fact make for an interesting thread. I’ll see if I can put something together. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,320
    Options
    I just bought a 6.5 pound Boston Butt. I plan to smoke it Friday with Albukirky Sweet Red and pecan, maple, or apple as the available woods. Then carry it to my folks out of town. I need to till the garden for them and run any errands for them . 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Ha ha. Based on what’s left at our store I would say you are right on the money. #wearallitaliannow
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    19 hours on this brisket at 275-300F. A test of patience for sure. 

19 hours to cook it. 90 seconds to inhale it. 
  • DoubleEgger
    edited March 2020
    Options
    19 hours on this brisket at 275-300F. A test of patience for sure. 

19 hours to cook it. 90 seconds to inhale it. 
    Can’t do that. I need to conserve toilet paper. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95