Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging During the Coronapocalypse?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Just bought some chuck to mince up for smash burgers.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,018
    Options
    Lit said:
    Made bagels for the children and I. 
    Those look great.  What bagel recipe are you using?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited March 2020
    Options
    F'd up some pork loin yesterday.  Cook a bit over temp and it was very dry.  I find the pork tenderloin are almost impossible to screw up and the pork loin is almost impossible to nail.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Made bagels for the children and I. 
    Those look great.  What bagel recipe are you using?
    From this book. Was really simple and only a 2 hour rise. Used the same dough for the pretzels. I use daily the boiling pot from the pretzels recipe for the bagels also. Boiled one minute then flipped another 30 seconds and took out of bath. Cooked them in the breville at 450 for probably 20 minutes. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @Lit - awesome man, thanks for posting that!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @Lit - awesome man, thanks for posting that!
    I only made a half batch of the dough and I got 5 pretzels and 3 bagels out of it so it makes a lot. 
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Ynette has a friend at a nearby chain grocery store, who saved some tri-tips and a big batch of chicken breasts for her. Tri-tip or two going on today. Second day of shelter in place. Have not seen any National Guard tanks patrolling, so we can still grocery shop, take walks, and I might hit the hardware store and see if there is anything I can get to amuse myself. I do have lots of books downloaded for Kindle. I will survive.

I can't watch the news because they keep breaking for an important press conference where local, state, and national idiots keep saying the same crap. I would rather watch Leave it to Beaver reruns.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • thetrim
    Options
    A reporter called the virus "Kung Flu" during the President's News conference today.  I think I'll Blackstone some chicken and rice tonight.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,320
    Options
    Well it won’t be the 99 cents a pound pork loin advertised in today’s paper. The fine print says sale starts tomorrow.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Endless possibilities at our house, we have chicken, boston butts, duck, goose, snapper, and some shrimp! I really need to upgrade the bands on my egg but I can probably get by for a while.
    LBGE
    AL
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Just had some venison chop steaks with pepperjack cheese on top, and some brown rice. No pics, but awesome. I've got a good bit of deer in my deep freezer. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    @milesvdustin, the running joke around Texas is that once the stores run out of meat everybody will finally have to eat all of the venison that has been sitting in freezers for years.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    Options
    If any Tampa are eggers are looking for meat, I have a private meat guy that has plenty.  I'm getting a prime packer for $3.99/lb and 10# of prime grade ground beef for $2.99/lb  I know that's been hard to find at grocery stores.  Email him at smc@masterpurveyorsfla.com  Found him thru a friend of @BUFFALOMOOSE a couple years ago.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    If any Tampa are eggers are looking for meat, I have a private meat guy that has plenty. 
    Do people have to meet him in a parking lot?
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    If any Tampa are eggers are looking for meat, I have a private meat guy that has plenty. 
    Do people have to meet him in a parking lot?

Great question.  No.  It's a very reputable company that does an overwhelming part of their business to restaurants.  Not many retail customers, because not many people know about them.

They also will give us a nice contribution to our annual YMCA charity cookout, so I like to spread the word about them.

They can also get most anything and usually have it for pretty close to or better than the prices at other places.

I bought some petite tenders from him recently for $5.99/lb and they have Waygu grade of that for $12.99/lb

Shawn has great meat.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    If any Tampa are eggers are looking for meat, I have a private meat guy that has plenty.  I'm getting a prime packer for $3.99/lb and 10# of prime grade ground beef for $2.99/lb  I know that's been hard to find at grocery stores.  Email him at smc@masterpurveyorsfla.com  Found him thru a friend of @BUFFALOMOOSE a couple years ago.
    This is my kind of meat deal!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,353
    Options
    Pork fried rice tonight before I vacuum pack the rest of the pork.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Put this on a little while ago.  

Looks good. What's in the molcajete?
    Mountain View, CA
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    dmourati said:
    bucky925 said:
    Put this on a little while ago.  

Looks good. What's in the molcajete?
    sea salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic, rosemary and olive oil.  That was the rub, it smelled like Christmas!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.