Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging During the Coronapocalypse?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Last picture and it tasted great.

I think we need the details on this recipe my brother.
    Recipe is such a strong word but best as I can remember. First grill about 3/4 lb of fresh sausage, green onion flavored, raised direct. Chop the sausage. Take a mandolin and slice Idaho potatoes 1/4 inch thick and line a greased pie pan with them. Next a layer of cheddar cheese but somewhat lighter. Scatter the sausage next then take a can of Rotel tomatoes and scoop it out onto the sausage trying to get the solids and leave the liquid in the can. Beat 10 eggs with som fresh ground black pepper and pour on top. Place back on the raised direct Egg and cook until the eggs are solid. 

I am sure that it is ripe for as many variations as omelets are. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I had planned on doing pulled beef today but when I woke up at 930 this morning on my first day of coronacation I realized my coworkers did not get the message and I scrambled until 15 minutes ago to keep my head above water. Hopefully chuckie going on tomorrow. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Lunch was superb today; had a pulled pork slider on a Hawaiian roll, and then made a taco out of some leftover tri-tip. Bonus points for using avocado and lime from our trees on my taco. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I received some beautiful ground bison from a buddy in a recent shady parking lot deal and made some of the best burgers I’ve ever had with them. Also used my brand new grill grates and really liked  the
    way they worked with the burgers. 
    Liquid Aminos, Meat Church Holy Cow rub, grilled onion, grilled sour dough. Freaking awesome. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,173
    Options
    I received some beautiful ground bison from a buddy in a recent shady parking lot deal and made some of the best burgers I’ve ever had with them. Also used my brand new grill grates and really liked  the
    Liquid Aminos, Meat Church Holy Cow rub, grilled onion, grilled sour dough. Freaking awesome. 
    Tell me more about the aminos 
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    Just made the call:  Office goes to “strongly encouraged to WFH”, pastrami goes on the egg and lox goes in the mailbox— all together now!

“Get that guy a fukcing Puppers!”

Sunday is the new Friday. 

Stay safe and Egg on!

Shout out to the "puppers" reference!
    Love Letterkenny!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited March 2020
    Options

Liquid aminos are great for an umami kick on steaks, burgers, and other stuff like that. You could use Worcestershire or fish sauce but I prefer aminos
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options

Liquid aminos are great for an umami kick on steaks, burgers, and other stuff like that. You could use Worcestershire or fish sauce but I prefer aminos
    Bragg's has always tasted like soy sauce to me. My sister uses the Bragg liquid aminos in their little spray bottle to spritz on popcorn.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Bragg's has always tasted like soy sauce to me. My sister uses the Bragg liquid aminos in their little spray bottle to spritz on popcorn.
    My kids think it is soy sauce. That’s what they get on their sushi.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

My kids think it is soy sauce. That’s what they get on their sushi.
    It's all the same stuff, more or less. 

Options
    That looks like something that is sold through MLM. 
  • camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Options
    Judging from my freezer, a couple of deer tenderloins, and a lot of chicken.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    @Lit - nice beer to go with there.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    That braggs liquid aminos is like liquid crack for my kids.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Lit
    Options
    People cooking full tilt for sure.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Stress baking is about to go up a notch here in a day or two. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Options
    I picked up a couple of racks of baby backs this evening to do on Saturday. 
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

What's funny is that stuff like flour is sold out everywhere.  We make bread almost every day at home, and can't buy a sack of flour from our normal supplier or in any of the shops.  What are all of these non-cooks going to do with sacks of flour? I expect to see unused sacks of flour cheap on ebay in a few months when everything calms down.
  • Lit
    Options
    Eoin said:

What's funny is that stuff like flour is sold out everywhere.  We make bread almost every day at home, and can't buy a sack of flour from our normal supplier or in any of the shops.  What are all of these non-cooks going to do with sacks of flour? I expect to see unused sacks of flour cheap on ebay in a few months when everything calms down.
    I can’t believe those hoarders 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:

I can’t believe those hoarders 
    LOL - yeah, but you actually know what you're doing with that stuff.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike