Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Leftover Mexican chicken skillet for lunch. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Foghorn said:
    The pics are crappy but last night we cooked:

Oklahoma onion smash burgers with ground axis meat with 20% wagyu fat from @The Cen-Tex Smoker.

Oklahoma onion smash burgers with ground wagyu/angus beef given to me by a friend from his herd. 

Tandooriwurst sausages given to me by @caliking.

Asparagus and storebought fajita chicken (not pictured).  

Yes, this is a lot more meat than we needed for 3 people but I don’t get a lot of chances to grill so we loaded up the refrigerator with enough protein for the week. 

Note that the axis meat is more red than the beef - partially because it is simply very red and partially because the wagyu beef probably has a fat content that is higher than 20%.

How is that Shiner? I just saw it at the gas station and nearly grabbed a pack. 
    @Battleborn, you should absolutely grab some Shiner Peach beer.  In previous years one has had to buy a 12 pack to get 4 of them - along with 4 prickly pear beers and 4 grapefruit (I think) beers.  This is the first year you can buy just the peach by itself.  I haven't traditionally been a fruit beer guy but this one is good.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:
    The pics are crappy but last night we cooked:

Oklahoma onion smash burgers with ground axis meat with 20% wagyu fat from @The Cen-Tex Smoker.

Oklahoma onion smash burgers with ground wagyu/angus beef given to me by a friend from his herd. 

Tandooriwurst sausages given to me by @caliking.

Asparagus and storebought fajita chicken (not pictured).  

Yes, this is a lot more meat than we needed for 3 people but I don’t get a lot of chances to grill so we loaded up the refrigerator with enough protein for the week. 

Note that the axis meat is more red than the beef - partially because it is simply very red and partially because the wagyu beef probably has a fat content that is higher than 20%.

How is that Shiner? I just saw it at the gas station and nearly grabbed a pack. 
    @Battleborn, you should absolutely grab some Shiner Peach beer.  In previous years one has had to buy a 12 pack to get 4 of them - along with 4 prickly pear beers and 4 grapefruit (I think) beers.  This is the first year you can buy just the peach by itself.  I haven't traditionally been a fruit beer guy but this one is good.
    Good to hear. I will pick some up. The grapefruit and the strawberry one are pretty good poolside. Not a fan of the prickly pear. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Done after 9 hours at 185F, like it real dry to take away the fishiness. Not as oily/moist as farm raised Atlantic salmon filets. 

canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

I could easily see this hanging in an art museum; very cool photograph!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Very cool, @Canugghead!

What plans do you have for this bounty?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Beautifully composed shot. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2021
    Botch said:

I could easily see this hanging in an art museum; very cool photograph!  
    Thanks, wish I took the pic before chopping the leftmost one to check for doneness :)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    caliking said:
    Very cool, @Canugghead!

What plans do you have for this bounty?
    Thanks, sharing with adult kids. Eating with bagel and cream cheese, may be dip as well.
    canuckland
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314

The food looks delicious, but the corporate leadership book gives me heartburn a little bit.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Canugghead - Quite artistic with that bagel and salmon.  I had to give it a hard look to figure out what it was.  Congrats on the presentation and photo.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2021
    lousubcap said:
    @Canugghead - Quite artistic with that bagel and salmon.  I had to give it a hard look to figure out what it was.  Congrats on the presentation and photo.  
    Haha, just realised it could be mistaken as a Christmas wreath from a distance! Fresh garden dill did the trick.
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

End of the week is generally a time to use up leftovers.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap

Where's the Miller Lite??  
    Quite a spread right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706

Good Eats right there ...thanks @nolaegghead @JohnInCarolina @henapple
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    lousubcap said:

Isn't PBR @henapple's beverage of choice?  I saw him down a case one day in Salado while doing more work than 2 men in helping set up for the eggfest.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    edited August 2021
    @Foghorn - Thank's for the correction.  Totally failed that quiz earlier this AM.  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    2 slabs of over priced baby backs, rice dressing, corn on the cob and a cold cucumber and tomato salad….payment for father in law helping me move new TV furniture and TV into place…..he’s cheap labor 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:

Isn't PBR @henapple's beverage of choice?  I saw him down a case one day in Salado while doing more work than 2 men in helping set up for the eggfest.
    He quit drinking about a year ago.   The only thing to drink around here is THC infused beverages.  Had to go out and buy some softdrinks.
    Sriracha sauce....it's not just for food.
    Grilled some ribeyes on my friend’s gasser.  

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Ran to Costco today.  At $7.99/lb, their lamb loin chops are one of the best values in meat.  Here with Mac & cheese and asparagus.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

Don’t mind the sriracha. Wifey is obsessed. 
    Gang symbol?  I can't quite read it.  

(sammich looks killer, by the way)  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure