Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    That looks like the right amount of butter to me.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - Nice!!

She's mostly known for that butter chix recipe, but she has other great stuff , from all over the world, on her website, too. I tried 2 Ethiopian recipes of hers, and they turned out well.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    @texaswig wow! 
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @4TheGrillOfIt I made them for one of my oldest friends birthday. him and his wife were happy.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @MasterC - not skipping a beat right there.  Great finish and cook.  I'm sure those were much more appreciated than even the great banquet.
    Take no prisoners.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Thanks they were delicious. My wife gave a thumbs up on  the meater
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Acn said:

Tomato soup & grilled cheese
    This is one of my all time favorite combos!!
    Looks amazing!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

unhinged jaw required,,,
    Whoa
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

unhinged jaw required,,,
    Dang. You're not messing around there.

I've found that flipping the whole business over (so the domed half of the bun points down, and the flat half of the bun is on top),  makes for easier eating.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice work Frank.  On first glance that tritip looked like a wild Pacific salmon filet.
    Options
    caliking said:

unhinged jaw required,,,
    Dang. You're not messing around there.

I've found that flipping the whole business over (so the domed half of the bun points down, and the flat half of the bun is on top),  makes for easier eating.
    This guy gorges.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Banquet awaits right there @Buckwoody Egger.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Tonight, I cooked some boneless breast (chicken), sliced thin lengthwise. I have been wantin to try the the Dukes (Mayo) Alabama BBQ Sauce, and saw it on impulse when last shoppin. I cooked on the MM over a cast iron placed setter (on the searing side)…….I’m no expert on Alabama Sauce, being from South Carolina an all…,,,.but really enjoyed my dinner. Interested to hear iffin any of you Alabama folks have tried it. Tell me where it stands on the local meter. 

No pictures…..the dog ate the last of it. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow