Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    @ryantt - that is a great cook and fund raiser.  Talk about taking a big one for the team...Well done.
    Related did the chef in residence (Norah Grace) take a pass here??   =)
    Stay healthy and safe out there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @lousubcap, Norah helped, she had to be up at 4am to go for an EEG, so she trimmed and seasoned things up and the went in for her testing.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    @Acn overstuffed tacos are my favorite kind

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Getting very close.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    Options
    One of the few beef rib cooks where all four bones decided to advance in the same direction.  Sweet @bubbajack.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Coastal_OReggON - great tacos right there.
    And offering a website that has great beef (and pork) that can suck your discretionary spending into negative numbers:
    https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/  
    Their dino bone beef ribs are the best I have ever had.  I have no affiliation other than the spend but do land there likely more than I should but for many years I have succeeded in not hitting the SWMBO trip wire.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I ate a bag of ghost pepper potato chips and half a bag of Reeses Peanut butter cups
    Options
    I ate a bag of ghost pepper potato chips and half a bag of Reeses Peanut butter cups
    Halloween prep?  Turning your toilet into the scariest place in New Orleans?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Botch said:

Thukpa, or Tibetan Chicken Soup.  I've never had Tibetan food nor even seen a recipe until now.  Basically chicken noodle soup with tomato, red pepper, green beans, carrot and cabbage, seasoned with garlic, cumin, ginger and a whole buttload of serrano and lemon juice.  Is also supposed to have rice noodles, I thought I had some but they turned out to be bean threads (which I used against my better judgement).  I didn't think rice grew in Tibet, but a quick Wikipeak says it does grow in the southern regions.  
    This was actually really good, and I'll be making it again (but with egg noodles so I won't need a spoon and a fork).  
    @Botch, you brought back all kinds of memories. 

Tibetan food is a a fair thing in Kolkata, India, where I’m from. Spent many late hours, at any number of the city’s Tibetan joints, scarfing down momos, thukpa,  etc. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Cali theses things require drip pans under the wheels? That’s a first. 
    Snellville, GA

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,536
    Options
    caliking said:
    Fired up my bargain KBQ for the first time. Simple chix, seasoned with Oakridge SPOGOS and their Game Bird & Chicken rub. Post oak with some mesquite. It was fabulous. 

Oh craps, it leaks at four corners, I'll dispose it for ya, you have my addy  ;)
    canuckland
  • caliking
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Cali theses things require drip pans under the wheels? That’s a first. 
    Just a precaution, since it was the first cook on this unit. It's a bish getting grease stains off of stone. 

Edit: The wheels and chains are not stock.

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    Fired up my bargain KBQ for the first time. Simple chix, seasoned with Oakridge SPOGOS and their Game Bird & Chicken rub. Post oak with some mesquite. It was fabulous. 

Oh craps, it leaks at four corners, I'll dispose it for ya, you have my addy  ;)
    Nice try 😆