Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Prime 8oz fillets. Sous Vide at 129° for an hour, finished in butter
    Costco prime filets?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,554
    Options
    Negative. Purely brand. I get them from Sysco. I buy some minor ingredients from them; they order bread from us….at $400 for 20….it’s a good buy
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Negative. Purely brand. I get them from Sysco. I buy some minor ingredients from them; they order bread from us….at $400 for 20….it’s a good buy
    Yeah I was just riffing off one of the recent Friday threads.  That's cool that you have that arrangement with Sysco.

How'd they turn out?  That is pretty much the way I look to do filets myself these days.  
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Yeah I was just riffing off one of the recent Friday threads.  That's cool that you have that arrangement with Sysco.

How'd they turn out?  That is pretty much the way I look to do filets myself these days.  
    SWMBO says better than Ruth’s Chris, although the sides were lacking. Shells and cheese and a bag Caesar salad. 
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    @MasterC I have to make that same meal for my wife once a week—salmon, white rice, asparagus—the only thing that changes is the seasoning I use.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,396
    Options
    Yes it is regular rotation here
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,753
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

SWMBO says better than Ruth’s Chris, although the sides were lacking. Shells and cheese and a bag Caesar salad. 
    Damn. That's high praise. Ruth's Chris is one of my favs, mainly because of the consistent delivery of a great product. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,429
    Options

Not checking tonight (going to our local Indian spot), but made corned beef hash and over easy eggs for lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColbyLang
    Options
    caliking said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Damn. That's high praise. Ruth's Chris is one of my favs, mainly because of the consistent delivery of a great product. 
    Yeah, but once you learn how….it’s easy to reproduce. You’re paying for the sizzle, not the steak at Ruth’s. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I don’t think this counts as “cheffing” but I’m about to throw these Costco-stuffed peppers in the dishwasher:

These turned out pretty good.  Nice kiss of smoke.  Pretty good deal at Costco - 6 stuffed peppers for $15.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I don’t think this counts as “cheffing” but I’m about to throw these Costco-stuffed peppers in the dishwasher:

These turned out pretty good.  Nice kiss of smoke.  Pretty good deal at Costco - 6 stuffed peppers for $15.
    Cooked these several times, based on a previous post of yours. Can not say anything bad about them. Better on an egg but not bad in a oven either. KBQ might be the best ever.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bubbajack said:

Cooked these several times, based on a previous post of yours. Can not say anything bad about them. Better on an egg but not bad in a oven either. KBQ might be the best ever.
    We do them just about every time the wife makes a Costco run.   We get two meals or so out of them and they’re so quick and easy.  A bit of smoke definitely improves them.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,170
    Options
    We also like the Costco stuffed peppers, but have only cooked them covered in the oven.  I like the idea of adding some smoke flavor.
    Do you modify the temp/time any when going uncovered on the Egg or the new dishwasher?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    We also like the Costco stuffed peppers, but have only cooked them covered in the oven.  I like the idea of adding some smoke flavor.
    Do you modify the temp/time any when going uncovered on the Egg or the new dishwasher?
    I just cook them to 165.  That always seems to work pretty well.  They take a little longer on the Egg than in the oven.  Today they cooked in about an hour on the KBQ, at 340F which is about as high as the box will go.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,477
    Options

If I tried to buy all the ingredients I wanted for stuffed peppers, I'd leave the store(s) with a bill well over 100 bucks. 

I like your idea.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said:

If I tried to buy all the ingredients I wanted for stuffed peppers, I'd leave the store(s) with a bill well over 100 bucks. 

I like your idea.  
    It’s a great deal.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,867
    Options
    @MasterC - Full up positive approach as you have demonstrated through out this challenge.  Ever positive and in the end game, "take no prisoners!"
    You have got this.  
    Besides Mrs C may be relegated to some low end microwave banquets in your absence.  Gotta get back in the saddle post-haste.
    Best of luck.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,396
    Options
    Thank you sir, I'll be posting cooks before you know it. Until then cheers
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Three kilos of same old pork butt curry

That sounds great. Can you please share the recipe? I know is a good one, as I see a lot of curries from you and your counterpart. 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Quick air fryer wings for dinner.

LBGE
    AL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Quick air fryer wings for dinner.

KD for the win!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,426
    Options
    Salmon

Las Vegas, NV

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,753
    Options
    Three kilos of same old pork butt curry

Man, that looks righteous! 

I may have made a pork curry once. Usually make Kerala-style pork fry, which is dry. So, +1 for the recipe, please :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.