Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @GrateEggspectations Nice, did you try Stinky Tofu?
    Truth be told, I went prepared to, but we didn’t run into any. In past years, I recall it being viciously pungent. Like a garbage truck on a hot summer day, no matter how far you were from the smelly tofu stand. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    I don’t think I’ve picked up a video game controller in like 15 years other thank Mario Kart with the kids. The nostalgia of this game made me have the boy bring out his console. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109
    Cooking meat.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac

No woo, no plate setter, just grate on fire ring.  Like God intended.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,986

Which is fine, if you’re standing in the shade.  Curse my west-facing back patio.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Chipotle Copy Cat

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Botch said:

Which is fine, if you’re standing in the shade.  Curse my west-facing back patio.  
    When we bought our house, the east facing backyard was secretly one of my main selling points for the lot on the new build. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    Botch said:

When we bought our house, the east facing backyard was secretly one of my main selling points for the lot on the new build. 
    Our realtor when we moved to Texas wouldn't show us homes with back patios and decks that faced west.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    And our realtor in Colorado strongly advised against north facing driveways, that's paid off too.  In both cases, we were moving to totally new areas and wouldn't have known.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,668
    Legume said:
    And our realtor in Colorado strongly advised against north facing driveways, that's paid off too.  In both cases, we were moving to totally new areas and wouldn't have known.
    That’s great. Around here, realtors just want a sale and couldn’t care less. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,056
    We built our house facing north. It’s hot on the back porch in the summer but worth it in winter. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,936
    @GrateEggspectations Nice, did you try Stinky Tofu?
    Truth be told, I went prepared to, but we didn’t run into any. In past years, I recall it being viciously pungent. Like a garbage truck on a hot summer day, no matter how far you were from the smelly tofu stand. 
    Truth be told, I have yet to try it myself. I recall many years ago at our Asian food fest, the EMS tent was right next to a stinky tofu vendor, had to wonder if it was by design to discourage attendees from doing something stupid and end up there, lol.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch said:

I seemed to learn a thing, or two, with every move when I was Active Duty: dead-end streets are quiet, but if against thick woods you can't have a garden (deer); adobe homes are neat but the small windows feel constricted (at least to me); corner lots are neat but if you're 2 blocks away from a large university, you better be able to snow-blow your sidewalks before 7 am in the winter; don't buy beautiful wooden bedroom floors when the outside temps hit -25º F for three months; and definitely don't buy a house with a woodshop with less than 10' of space in front of, and behind, your tablesaw position.  
    I think I'd have it all covered now, but at my age I don't want to move again, so it is what it is.  

Oh, and what's the problem with north-facing driveways?  :confused:  

• Legume
    Here, the north facing part of your yard doesn't fully thaw. That's my backyard, but we have a covered porch.  The driveways facing north ice up more. I can snowblower shovel my south facing driveway in the morning and even if the temp stays in the 20's, the residual snow and ice will still melt away.

We looked at a lot of homes with semi steep driveways, so that's a no go.
    Not a felon
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,027
    Haven’t Grilled in a long time , I thought the peaches and nectarines were a nice twist 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,453
    @lkapigian - nice SM style rig right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,003
    I've never grilled nectarines before.  Any tips?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    Foghorn said:
    I've never grilled nectarines before.  Any tips?
    Me either, but they were delicious , I just drizzled some honey and a sprinkle of salt , grilled direct for " about that long" flipped and grilled otherside " fr about that long.....i'd say 10 minutes super hot over the coals 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,453
    Wondering why The Buffalo waited so long.  All is well on the OT thread.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,056
    lousubcap said:

it is a matter of national security!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lousubcap said:
    I avoid that area LoL 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 22
    Buffalo is touchy.  We should start referring to Trump and Kamado Joe and Democratic candidate as BGE.  Then other brands for other folks.

• Legume
    Charcoal brands 
    Not a felon
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    Reviewing an outdated safety manual. Listening to some throw back Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. This was my shiit back in the day. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,182
    pulled a 70's screen house off the platform, time to give it a new purpose. the old pressure treated stuff really held up, not like the newer crap.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColtsFan said:
    Reviewing an outdated safety manual. Listening to some throw back Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. This was my shiit back in the day. 

1st of the Month … classic!

• Botch
    In Vancouver

Why is that killer whale pixellated?  A very odd photograph...