Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,027
    Meatloaf Sticks and Stuffed Pablanos.

Deets on the meatloaf sticks please, looks delicious 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109
    lkapigian said:
    Meatloaf Sticks and Stuffed Pablanos.

Deets on the meatloaf sticks please, looks delicious 
    They were a basic sausage/beef meatloaf then wrapped in bacon.  These were a trial run, will be doing them in the future with better seasoning.  Probably basically take everything I would put on a kabob, grind it up, wrap in bacon, cook and finish with a nice glaze.  I cooked at 300 till done, next time will do 350 to get crispier bacon.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    By the Darwin Principle, are we just breeding smarter and smarter swine?
    Sort of. Any genetic variability that leads to better ability to compete gives that 'version' of the species a better chance at survival, assuming there is pressure on the species. The easier life is for everyone, the less of an impact on this there is. Genetic variation that makes the species weaker (weaker versions) get culled more quickly when there is survival pressure.

Hogs' ability to reproduce and forage just about anything are their superpowers and negates most any threat.  Lots of reproduction creates more genetic variability, good and bad, but when the hogs are winning, the dummies aren't getting culled quickly enough, so some smarter, some dumber.  They aren't dumb, so they figure **** out and others can learn.

Same thing happens with viruses.
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,056
    I feel like @Legume had a ChatGPT chip implant recently.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    No, just a product of Darwinian evolution.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    And college.
    Not a felon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,600
    Just hacked down the jungle/backyard. It was still hot as all get out but it didn’t rain for a change.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,986
    Asian food festival. 

Those new ultra-low-budget Porta-Potties scare me a bit, and may cut food festival attendance overall.   

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

Those new ultra-low-budget Porta-Potties scare me a bit, and may cut food festival attendance overall.   
    When I lived in Japan, it was pretty common to see someone just weeing off the sidewalk. Maybe they are giving the full Asian experience?  (Been 30 years, so maybe it has changed)

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,960
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

When I lived in Japan, it was pretty common to see someone just weeing off the sidewalk. Maybe they are giving the full Asian experience?  (Been 30 years, so maybe it has changed)
    Where the F did you see that in Japan?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 21
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

Kobe and Osaka. Usually just the young kids.  I lived there for 4 years.

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

Yeah I’ve never seen anything like that there, certainly not commonplace.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 21
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

Like I said, that was 30 years ago.  Back before they had bilingual signs, internet, etc.

I also wouldn’t say it was common place in the sense everyone did it, but saw it many many times over the years.

You want some interesting reading, look into public toilets in Japan and their relatively new obsession with toilets.

I was there when public restrooms were “squat-e-motos” … basically picture a urinal laid on the ground.  No sitting, you squatted.

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

Like I said, that was 30 years ago.  Back before they had bilingual signs, internet, etc.

I also wouldn’t say it was common place in the sense everyone did it, but saw it many many times over the years.

You want some interesting reading, look into public toilets in Japan and their relatively new obsession with toilets.

I was there when public restrooms were “squat-e-motos” … basically picture a urinal laid on the ground.  No sitting, you squatted.
    I have seen similar public restrooms in various countries around the world.  I’m not sure why a “squat-e-moto” would make one want to just whip out their hog in public in the street, but maybe there’s an aspect of Asian culture I just don’t understand.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,936
    @GrateEggspectations Nice, did you try Stinky Tofu?
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

I have seen similar public restrooms in various countries around the world.  I’m not sure why a “squat-e-moto” would make one want to just whip out their hog in public in the street, but maybe there’s an aspect of Asian culture I just don’t understand.

I don't know, he must be making it all up, probably never lived there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

lol, I don’t think Ozzie is making anything up. That is more of a “huh that’s interesting” comment from me than anything else.

Cool your heels, Dorothy.
  • alaskanassasin
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

lol, I don’t think Ozzie is making anything up. That is more of a “huh that’s interesting” comment from me than anything else.

I’ll be visiting Seattle and Portland very soon, I’ll let you know how interesting it’s is…
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    Finally swapped the busted firebox in the KJ Jr. it’s only been 5-6 years that I’ve had the replacement sitting on the shelf. 

Thinking about clean burning and selling it and the PK. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    What are you going to get @ColtsFan?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,751
    Watching the leaders make the turn overseas. Justin Rose showing them young boys he’s still got it
  • Legume
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

I’ll be visiting Seattle and Portland very soon, I’ll let you know how interesting it’s is…
    I've been to both recently as well as SF and I would say the narrative on both sides is correct, depending on where you go in these cities.  You could easily be two blocks from a completely different environment. I'm not sure there are big cities that don't have that. I've put my eyes on the good and bad in Denver and Houston, very similar. Austin is the same.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

Your bravery is commendable.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,668
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

I've been to both recently as well as SF and I would say the narrative on both sides is correct, depending on where you go in these cities.  You could easily be two blocks from a completely different environment. I'm not sure there are big cities that don't have that. I've put my eyes on the good and bad in Denver and Houston, very similar. Austin is the same.
    I would add that small town America is not immune. Meth use and homelessness are very prevalent there as well. It’s just easier for people to see when it’s on a sidewalk of a major city. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    What are you going to get @ColtsFan?
    Not sure. I need the deck room for the new chiminea. Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

I would add that small town America is not immune. Meth use and homelessness are very prevalent there as well. It’s just easier for people to see when it’s on a sidewalk of a major city. 
    I happened to watch the documentary titled “Meth Storm” last week.  It focuses on rural Arkansas.  It’s awfully bleak.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    Asian food festival. 

We have a massive unhomed issue in my town.  Certain streets you drive down and they are lined with the unhoused.  After big rain storms you will see tents and debris all down the washes from where their camps are washed away.

• JohnInCarolina
    At the airport.  I’m nominally flying to Vancouver today but the flights are all messed up.  I think it’s going to be a very long day.