Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,403
    That is another indictment of the sad state of where we are today.  What a travesty.  
    Hopefully his rig had some cameras to help find the guilty ba$tards.  
    It is the "I, me" deal and no one better interfere with I, me getting what I want.  The he!! with the common good. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:
    Is this just a local power company issue or the legendary Texas grid?
    Houston local.   No TX grid issues rather post-hurricane mismanagement.   
    A little "insider" info on what Centerpoint is experiencing down there in these restoration attempts. A lot of the info that comes from the E-ISAC is confidential, but this can be disclosed.

Yes sir, I heard about the crap.   It was not the linemen’s fault at all.   They had zero direction and zero incentive.   Centerpoint mgmt team can choke on a bag of Richards.    Absolutely horrid.  

Then again our county judge can do the same, Dora the Explorer repeatedly told Austin that Harris County citizens were just fine.   

Time to buy property and get off the grid.    Relying on others for your wellbeing these days is pointless.   
    My daughter finally got her power back last night.
    I have a little more info. One of our contractors has crews in Galveston. One of their linemen missed roll call this morning. They pinged his truck (they all have telemetry and GPS) and went to check on him. They found him beaten to death. Last anyone heard, he stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. So they, Delta Services, has all their crew barricaded in the Holiday Inn parking lot. They’re about to head back. 

Don’t be surprised if this turns into a Katrina type scenario when the military comes in and enforces Marshal Law
    Painful to hear that, it’s not the linemen, rather Centerpoint’s fault.    Mismanaged from a week before to now.   Citizens are crazy from the heat (110 heat index today).   

Our Governor and Lt Governor had a press conference and failed Centerpoint.   Would t surprise me it every Sr Mgmt position was terminated.  The jackass CEO of Centerpoint recently had a presser and right behind him in his office was a thermostat reading 70F.   What a douche.  

Sorry for the linemen, send them home where it’s safe and let Centerpoint mgmt put on their PPE and fix the problems.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 158
    beyond comprehension

~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,968
    So what you are saying is:

privatization + monopoly = bad?

I will never understand the privatization of public infrastructure.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,410

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • TechsasJim

Hey man, I’m not dead yet…
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,589
    Planning to go to a memorial service August 3rd. The father of one of my college friends died on Father’s Day. Her family was always very nice to me but everyone was scattered throughout the USand it took time to get everyone together. Fortunately a new electric car charging station just opened in the vicinity so I don’t have to get a rental. I will have to board the dogs though.
  • zaphod
    sorry for your loss.
    ~~
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,012

Near Santa Barbara ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 16
    lkapigian said:

Near Santa Barbara ?
    I think that is the ocean ;)

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,486
    lkapigian said:

Near Santa Barbara ?
    Oceanside. We absolutely love the whole area from Laguna to Del Mar. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian
    lkapigian said:

Near Santa Barbara ?
    I think that is the ocean ;)
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian said:

Near Santa Barbara ?
    Beautiful area, I was only off by about 180 miles, all of PCH is amazing 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Near Santa Barbara ?
    Agree. A couple of years ago we went to NorCal and stayed near Smith River, closer to the Oregon  coast. That was my absolute favorite. Something about being near a redwood forest and the beach. We usually stay in Oceanside/Encinitas/ Carlsbad when come down. 

Decide to go to one of my favorite breweries down here for lunch, Bagby Brewing, only to find out it closed. The new place that took over the space was probably better. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 17
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Near Santa Barbara ?
    Agree. A couple of years ago we went to NorCal and stayed near Smith River, closer to the Oregon  coast. That was my absolute favorite. Something about being near a redwood forest and the beach. We usually stay in Oceanside/Encinitas/ Carlsbad when come down. 

Decide to go to one of my favorite breweries down here for lunch, Bagby Brewing, only to find out it closed. The new place that took over the space was probably better. 

Probably the same joint.  In Illinois we had Mexican restaurants that would change names every 5 years.  Had to do with taxes, government incentives, etc.  5 year was the sweet spot for an “ownership change” and rebrand.

• Battleborn
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Near Santa Barbara ?

Probably the same joint.  In Illinois we had Mexican restaurants that would change names every 5 years.  Had to do with taxes, government incentives, etc.  5 year was the sweet spot for an “ownership change” and rebrand.
    I kinda thought so too because they had some of the old branded drink ware. However, one of the convenient systems the old place has (QR table side ordering, actual wait staff) were gone. Don’t know if that has anything to do with CA minimum wage hike or not. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,203
    edited July 17
    I met a high school buddy for some high school music. Limp Bizkit. Durst voice hasn't changed a bit. They still can put on a hell of a show. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,405
    edited July 17
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:
    Is this just a local power company issue or the legendary Texas grid?
    Houston local.   No TX grid issues rather post-hurricane mismanagement.   
    A little "insider" info on what Centerpoint is experiencing down there in these restoration attempts. A lot of the info that comes from the E-ISAC is confidential, but this can be disclosed.

Yes sir, I heard about the crap.   It was not the linemen’s fault at all.   They had zero direction and zero incentive.   Centerpoint mgmt team can choke on a bag of Richards.    Absolutely horrid.  

Then again our county judge can do the same, Dora the Explorer repeatedly told Austin that Harris County citizens were just fine.   

Time to buy property and get off the grid.    Relying on others for your wellbeing these days is pointless.   
    Just read that the guy who was beaten is in the hospital and not out of the woods yet. He was attacked by a lineman at that hotel.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,981
    Lineman on lineman violence? So not customer uprising?
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,960
    Hate firing up the lawn mower at 0800, but I just finished and am drenched in sweat, ugh.  Frozen grapes and a mug of iced tea until I cool down, then a shower.  

I once lived just a stone's throw away from a family who all died of mysterious head injuries. 

• Legume said:
    Lineman on lineman violence? So not customer uprising?
    That is correct. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,923
    They crossed the line.
    canuckland
  • zaphod
    They crossed the line.
    ouch.
    ~~
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,589
    zaphod said:
    They crossed the line.
    ouch.
    And ran it up the pole? Shocking . 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,491
    That’s crazy
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TechsasJim
    Currently having a 1GB internet fiber line installed.   Lovely Xfinity has been dark now for 10 days.   

Will be streaming and saving $200/mth
  • Battleborn
    Soaking in the last bit of 70* weather before heading back to the armpit of Hell tomorrow. 
    Las Vegas, NV