Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube | Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 587
    Check out the Koehler home generators if you’re looking, they were ranked higher in reliability than the Generacs when I bought mine 6 years ago. Very happy with it.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,718
    ColbyLang said:
    dbCooper said:
    @ColbyLang - how is your ankle recovery coming along? Hope you're seeing good progress.
    From the aircast to the tri-lock brace to now just compression sleeves or socks. PT kicking my butt twice a week. It’s progressing! Still have muscular/tendon/ligament pain…..120 days in basically. Getting old sucks. Thanks for asking!
    Dislike from me. Sorry you are going through this. Seems like just yesterday you were playing soccer on some wet grass with the kiddos. Crazy how quick things can go pear shaped.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,638
    ColbyLang said:
    dbCooper said:
    @ColbyLang - how is your ankle recovery coming along? Hope you're seeing good progress.
    From the aircast to the tri-lock brace to now just compression sleeves or socks. PT kicking my butt twice a week. It’s progressing! Still have muscular/tendon/ligament pain…..120 days in basically. Getting old sucks. Thanks for asking!
    Dislike from me. Sorry you are going through this. Seems like just yesterday you were playing soccer on some wet grass with the kiddos. Crazy how quick things can go pear shaped.
    Hasn’t stopped me from doing anything other than offshore fishing at this point. It’s a disrupting injury for sure. Thankful it was my left and not my right so I could drive throughout the whole thing and also no surgery. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,471
    Freaking Comcast! They were working in our area and bored thru our conduit containing 48ct fiber. 1500’ of underground needs replaced. Happy Friday afternoon….lol. 

Locates? What’s that…..
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,527
    Every time they bore for new fiber optic in my neighborhood they go right through my sewer line. It happened with AT&T right after Katrina and it happened with Cspire a bit over a year ago.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,718
    Every time they bore for new fiber optic in my neighborhood they go right through my sewer line. It happened with AT&T right after Katrina and it happened with Cspire a bit over a year ago.
    At least you can get fiber or any type of landline. I have 3 large master planned communities surrounding me, and yet I am
    stuck with 5G. I am in an internet desert.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 170
    dbCooper said:
    Mrs Cooper inherited her dad's house back in October. Long story I might go into at a future date to get ready to be listed. Scouring some final nooks and cranies today we came across these in the basement. Too bad we didn't find them before the forth of July . . .

That is so cool and so concerning at the same time!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,250
    dbCooper said:
    Mrs Cooper inherited her dad's house back in October. Long story I might go into at a future date to get ready to be listed. Scouring some final nooks and cranies today we came across these in the basement. Too bad we didn't find them before the forth of July . . .

That is so cool and so concerning at the same time! 
    Agree on both counts. They have German writing on them according to Mrs Cooper. We moved them to a outbuilding until local law enforcement can advise on what needs to be done.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,547
    Even if they break a sewer line, your toilet still flushes! The mess is their problem.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,169
    Where line penetration and knock-on impact depends on where the discharge surfaces. That can be a bit of a challenge as I'm sure you have experienced with your business @kl8ton.
    Happy Friday-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win. Life is too short for light/lite beer! Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,713

Unrelated to Beryl, I picked up two packers today ($15 off at Costco, @Canugghead, @paqman)
    Was there that day but didn't look. For whatever reason the brisket selection at the two Costcos near me isn't that great, both quantity and quality wise.
    Quality is great at ours when they have it in stock but I’ve given up on brisket except once a year when I brine one for Montreal Smoked Meat. It is just too much meat. I am sticking to brisket on a stick now (plate ribs). Thanks for the heads up @GrateEggspectations

kl8ton said:
    Even if they break a sewer line, your toilet still flushes! The mess is their problem.
    The first time it started to create a sinkhole in the local road in front of my house. Fortunately I still worked for the highway department, recognized the danger early, and knew exactly who to talk to.
    The second time it created a sinkhole in the grass that nearly swallowed my mailbox. I eventually turned that into a rose garden.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,466
    dbCooper said:

Hello, ATF, we got’em. Move in.
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,638
    Waking up in Houston after a long day with the kiddos. More shenanigans on the horizon today plus the Astros game. Feeling for @TechsasJim and any other Houstonians. This city is a **** show after a Cat 1 6 days ago. This block has power, others don’t. All of our waitstaff and bartenders had no power at their homes. Thank the Lord this wasn’t a bigger storm. Seems like the power company is dropping the ball here
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,089
    ColbyLang said:
    Waking up in Houston after a long day with the kiddos. More shenanigans on the horizon today plus the Astros game. Feeling for @TechsasJim and any other Houstonians. This city is a **** show after a Cat 1 6 days ago. This block has power, others don’t. All of our waitstaff and bartenders had no power at their homes. Thank the Lord this wasn’t a bigger storm. Seems like the power company is dropping the ball here
    Thanks brother. The Centerpoint guys are effing liars. 2 bucket trucks came through Thursday. I spent 10 minutes talking to them, they shook my hand and said they would have us up by end of the day. 48hrs later and we are no better.

Hoping y’all have power for everything planned. Minute Maid is fine. Go Stros!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,904
    Is this just a local power company issue or the legendary Texas grid?
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Legume said:
    Is this just a local power company issue or the legendary Texas grid?
    Houston local. No TX grid issues rather post-hurricane mismanagement.
  • Legume
    I'd venture to guess the local needs a better manger managing the service crews, working with the engineers down at corporate.
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Legume said:
    I'd venture to guess the local needs a better manger managing the service crews, working with the engineers down at corporate.
    Without a doubt. These crews that came in from far flung places meet in various locations at 0700 then often do not get their assignments until 1300. Absolute malfeasance And a waste of these poor linemen’s time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,667
    Just put my char siu pork steaks on the Egg. Vents set for maximum swirl!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,169
    Way to take one for the team. Those look quite tasty. Your bacon weave skills are impressive as well.
    How many did you eat before the "sugar high" kicked in? =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win. Life is too short for light/lite beer! Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    I'm impressed with the bacon to Twinkie ratio
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Trapping pigs…

Hell yah! Did the prior fix not work so well or did they find another way in?

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,919
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker do you have any experience with the Rio link keen ranger? I'm looking for a remote camera I can move around.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Love that pic with your dog
    Not a felon