Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    About to take a Covid test. My wife thought she would bring me a souvenir back from Greece. 
    was she on Below Deck?   Lmao, obviously kidding
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • About to take a Covid test. My wife thought she would bring me a souvenir back from Greece. 
    Funny you say that. That is one of her favorite binge shows.  Oh and test was negative.  I don’t know what this is but it sucks that’s for sure. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,735
    About to take a Covid test. My wife thought she would bring me a souvenir back from Greece. 
    Funny you say that. That is one of her favorite binge shows.  Oh and test was negative.  I don’t know what this is but it sucks that’s for sure. 
    My wife and kids both had/still have some very Covid like sinus/allergy/viral thing. Pediatrician swabbed both kids for Rona, walking pneumonia and flu. All negative. Lasted for 7-10 days each. No fever. Clear chest. Wet hacking cough though 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    Things can get weird and unexplained for sure. I have a third nipple that I had corterized maybe 6 weeks ago. It's still leaking something I have been referring to as nipple grease. It's really good if your pen stops writing. You don't even have to be writing on, or about, a nipple, it's just that damned good.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    Also, I may have been drinking. Don't call the nipple grease police on me. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,798
    edited July 15

Watching football

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,968
    edited July 15
    Currently watching 80mph winds whip through my backyard.  Gonna have some cleanup tomorrow.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• About to take a Covid test. My wife thought she would bring me a souvenir back from Greece. 
    Better than chlamydia.
    Truth. lol. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColbyLang said:
    My wife and kids both had/still have some very Covid like sinus/allergy/viral thing. Pediatrician swabbed both kids for Rona, walking pneumonia and flu. All negative. Lasted for 7-10 days each. No fever. Clear chest. Wet hacking cough though 
    Was in Mexico after Thanksgiving amd had a sinus infection that turned into walking pneumonia. Fun times. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    I would rather have 2024 covid than “unknown illness from Greece”
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,916
    Better than chlamydia.
    You speaking from experience?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • shtgunal3 said:

Watching football
    Wow. CFL. Wasn’t expecting that. I occasionally go see the Ottawa games. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,491
    Legume said:
    Is this just a local power company issue or the legendary Texas grid?
    Houston local.   No TX grid issues rather post-hurricane mismanagement.   
    A little "insider" info on what Centerpoint is experiencing down there in these restoration attempts. A lot of the info that comes from the E-ISAC is confidential, but this can be disclosed.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,735
    Doesn’t account for the 12 lineman and bucket trucks we saw “stage” downtown and not do **** from
    7am till 1pm. Literally zero idea of what they were doing or where they were supposed to go
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,042
    Do Texans “drive by shoot”? Seems out of character 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,981
    Where's Greg? What's he saying about help for Houston?
    Not a felon
  • ColtsFan
    edited July 15
    ColbyLang said:
    Doesn’t account for the 12 lineman and bucket trucks we saw “stage” downtown and not do **** from
    7am till 1pm. Literally zero idea of what they were doing or where they were supposed to go
    I can't speak about their processes and such, but for us, when we bring in outside crews they have to have a "bird dog" go out with them....Which is one of our guys/gals who is familiar with the territory. We have all of our distribution mapping for the field guys on their iPads. It could be a resource thing too where they don't have enough e-devices to get to everyone. It is generally chaotic in these situations and isn't fun for the consumer or the power company.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,968
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:
    A little "insider" info on what Centerpoint is experiencing down there in these restoration attempts. A lot of the info that comes from the E-ISAC is confidential, but this can be disclosed.

That is insane.  I would pack my crews up and go home.  Force a little “community policing” and accountability before I brought my crews back.

People are literally and figuratively their own worst enemy.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,981
    Yeah, you don't yell at the people delivering the service, you've gotta be a smarter Karen and skip over that part and speak to the manager directly.

Centerpoint is just local distribution, right?
    Not a felon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Do Texans “drive by shoot”? Seems out of character 
    This is Houston. They have all the shootings. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Legume said:
    Where's Greg? What's he saying about help for Houston?
    He’s tweeting from South Korea. He didn’t bother to come home from his donor paid luxe trip to Asia. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    There was a lineman from Los Angeles who was tweeting that his crew was on the ground for 7 days but could not work because Center Point would not agree to their pay scale. The low called them for 7 days while they sat in a lot waiting to work. 
  • ColtsFan
    Don’t doubt that one bit @The Cen-Tex Smoker you would think they would get that ironed out before sending crews that way. I bet with CoL those LA linemen are over $100/hr

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,012
    ColtsFan said:
    Don’t doubt that one bit @The Cen-Tex Smoker you would think they would get that ironed out before sending crews that way. I bet with CoL those LA linemen are over $100/hr
    Double that for EM Linemen 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:

Yes sir, I heard about the crap.   It was not the linemen’s fault at all.   They had zero direction and zero incentive.   Centerpoint mgmt team can choke on a bag of Richards.    Absolutely horrid.  

Then again our county judge can do the same, Dora the Explorer repeatedly told Austin that Harris County citizens were just fine.   

Time to buy property and get off the grid.    Relying on others for your wellbeing these days is pointless.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,486
    Driving to SoCal for some much needed beach time for a couple of days. You would think that with all the taxes Californians pay, the state could fix some potholes and add a lane to get there. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:

Yes sir, I heard about the crap.   It was not the linemen’s fault at all.   They had zero direction and zero incentive.   Centerpoint mgmt team can choke on a bag of Richards.    Absolutely horrid.  

Then again our county judge can do the same, Dora the Explorer repeatedly told Austin that Harris County citizens were just fine.   

Time to buy property and get off the grid.    Relying on others for your wellbeing these days is pointless.   
    My daughter finally got her power back last night.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:

My daughter finally got her power back last night.
    I have a little more info. One of our contractors has crews in Galveston. One of their linemen missed roll call this morning. They pinged his truck (they all have telemetry and GPS) and went to check on him. They found him beaten to death. Last anyone heard, he stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. So they, Delta Services, has all their crew barricaded in the Holiday Inn parking lot. They’re about to head back. 

Don’t be surprised if this turns into a Katrina type scenario when the military comes in and enforces Marshal Law