Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    It's made of giant legos
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Giant Lego. (Lego is the plural of Lego)

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Legume
    Even in Canada?
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    Even in Canada?
    Canada probably used Mega Blocks.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,964
    Botch said:
    In Vancouver

Why is that killer whale pixellated?  A very odd photograph...
    Interesting that you asked why it was pixellated and not… jumping out of the concrete.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Pixelated because it is naked. Obviously. 

Enjoy your time in Vancouver, @JohnInCarolina. Beautiful city. And some of the most expensive real estate in the world. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,627
    Pixelated because it is naked. Obviously. 

Enjoy your time in Vancouver, @JohnInCarolina. Beautiful city. And some of the most expensive real estate in the world. 
    I knew the prices were inflated due to the administration running the market aground, but I didn't really have an idea until I just pulled the Zillow chart..

Craziness!!

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189
    pulled a 70's screen house off the platform, time to give it a new purpose. the old pressure treated stuff really held up, not like the newer crap.

wood sealers, thinking oil base. deck was pressure treated and it was already old when i bought the house 20 years ago. thoughts or recommendations. might do the dock as well. this is what i found, looks easier than the water base and says it penetrates deeper.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Some days are worse than others.  Poor delivery guy had the printer roll out the back of the truck and off the lift.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    Some days are worse than others.  Poor delivery guy had the printer roll out the back of the truck and off the lift.

Begs the question where was he once said product was on the drop gate?

2 slabs of BabyBacks on the Lg at the lake house, Rockwood for the win
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,602
    Got my bill for house insurance. Auto insurance is do on the same month (August). 
  • fishlessman
    Got my bill for house insurance. Auto insurance is do on the same month (August). 
    House ins has gone crazy on the camp, 25 percent last year,  looks like 25 percent this year....insane.  mostly going to lawsuits against the town
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    It only went up 10% last September when the rates were adjusted but car insurance went up 30% in 2023.
  • fishlessman
    It only went up 10% last September when the rates were adjusted but car insurance went up 30% in 2023.
    For the rover I think maybe less than ten percent.....but the book value drops way more per year on those per year
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    And it will be more than fifty percent on the house with no appraisal in the last two years. The firemen and EMTs are voluntary and we don't have policemen or a station
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Gum surgery.  whee.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Botch said:
    Gum surgery.  whee.  
    I need a veeneer/crow on at least 3 front teeth. But Allstate will get most of my income in August just like last year.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Botch said:
    Gum surgery.  whee.  
    I was the dislike Botch.  Not the kind of fun nor spend I’d enjoy.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,627
    Botch said:
    Gum surgery.  whee.  
    currently in process of replacing #17...yanked it last week after testing its capabilities on a pistachio shell (shell-1, tooth-0). 

Bone graph inserted and the beginning of a 3 month process before the zirconium rod installation.

then titanium tooth, then crown..

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944
    billt01 said:
    Botch said:
    Gum surgery.  whee.  
    currently in process of replacing #17...yanked it last week after testing its capabilities on a pistachio shell (shell-1, tooth-0). 

Bone graph inserted and the beginning of a 3 month process before the zirconium rod installation.

then titanium tooth, then crown..

Interested to see how that post affects your rendering on the AI / Art thread.    
    Do you predict your cell phone reception will improve or decline after the installation, likewise the safe proximity to operating microwave ovens? 

Oh - hope you feel OK, too.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Botch
    edited July 25
    Just gave a large, slightly-limp carrot to my next-door-neighbor's pot-bellied pig, who now weighs 385 lbs (not a sentence I expected to write in my lifetime).   
    He seemed to be happy, wagged his tail; do pigs do that like dogs when they're happy?  

When the Lidocaine wore off last night (after my gum butchering), I had no pain/bleeding at all.  Slept very well last night, and no pain this morning (in fact I missed one of my 6-hr ibuprofin doses today).  Made a pan of my Mom's goulash (public-school cafeteria version, not the real Hungarian stuff), nice and soft, so I should be fed for the next four days.  

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    Botch said:
    Just gave a large, slightly-limp carrot to my next-door-neighbor's pot-bellied pig, who now weighs 385 lbs (not a sentence I expected to write in my lifetime).   
    He seemed to be happy, wagged his tail; do pigs do that like dogs when they're happy?  

When the Lidocaine wore off last night (after my gum butchering), I had no pain/bleeding at all.  Slept very well last night, and no pain this morning (in fact I missed one of my 6-hr ibuprofin doses today).  Made a pan of my Mom's goulash (public-school cafeteria version, not the real Hungarian stuff), nice and soft, so I should be fed for the next four days.  
    I’m happy to see your mouth is healing well! What did you do for the goulash? I’ve had a million variations as a Hungy. My grandma (from the old country) made the only one I’ve ever liked though  :)
  • Botch
    Botch said:

I’m happy to see your mouth is healing well! What did you do for the goulash? I’ve had a million variations as a Hungy. My grandma (from the old country) made the only one I’ve ever liked though  :)
    'Murican goulash is just a lb of ground beef, browned, some diced onion, 3-to-4 cups of tomato juice, 2 cups of macaroni (boiled/drained), 1 Tblspn chili powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, salt-n-pecker to taste, stirred together and baked at 350º for an hour (not "Hungarian" whatsoever).  For me its Comfort food, filling, easy, and.... soft.  

• fishlessman
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

'Murican goulash is just a lb of ground beef, browned, some diced onion, 3-to-4 cups of tomato juice, 2 cups of macaroni (boiled/drained), 1 Tblspn chili powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, salt-n-pecker to taste, stirred together and baked at 350º for an hour (not "Hungarian" whatsoever).  For me its Comfort food, filling, easy, and.... soft.  
    Here it's American chopsoy. I like to add a hint of allspice
    fukahwee maine

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,320
    Mom mollycoddled us, her recipe was about the same but included diced tomatoes.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Legume
    dbCooper said:
    Mom mollycoddled us, her recipe was about the same but included diced tomatoes.
    Same, cans of stewed tomatoes added which is why I hated it, I didn't eat tomatoes as a kid and mom didn't cook around us.
    Not a felon
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    We got robbed. Ours was just elbow maccaroni and canned tomatoes with a crap load of black pepper. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,442
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

Here it's American chopsoy. I like to add a hint of allspice
    I never had chop suey with tomato juice, it was always a can of Campbell tomato soup.  Much better texture.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    @billt01

Had a bumload of dental work done in the last two years, including 6 crowns (3 of which required root canals) and 2 implants. Since I have a bone disease, they couldn't tell me if the implants would even work, whether my bone would "grow" around the insert or not. The first one was a $5,000 experiment. The dentist packed the hole with "extra" cadaver bone, hoping that would help. We also waited longer than the few months to give the bone extra time to graph. I've had that implant in for about a year now and it seems to be holding up so far. When I had a core decompression of my right knee about 12 years ago (trying to save me from requiring a knee replacement), after coring it out with a drill, they packed it full of bone powder, hoping I would grow enough internal bone structure that I wouldn't require a knee replacement right away, as I was recovering from two very recent hip replacements at the time, so they were trying to buy me time between operations. What grew looked like a spider web of bone, and literally disintegrated as soon as the surgeon sent a needle into it. Obviously it wasn't a success and a few days later I was in for a full knee replacement, regardless of my recent hip replacements. In the long run it worked out, but it was really painful.

Hope your insert works out. 😬
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    @billt01

Had a bumload of dental work done in the last two years, including 6 crowns (3 of which required root canals) and 2 implants. Since I have a bone disease, they couldn't tell me if the implants would even work, whether my bone would "grow" around the insert or not. The first one was a $5,000 experiment. The dentist packed the hole with "extra" cadaver bone, hoping that would help. We also waited longer than the few months to give the bone extra time to graph. I've had that implant in for about a year now and it seems to be holding up so far. When I had a core decompression of my right knee about 12 years ago (trying to save me from requiring a knee replacement), after coring it out with a drill, they packed it full of bone powder, hoping I would grow enough internal bone structure that I wouldn't require a knee replacement right away, as I was recovering from two very recent hip replacements at the time, so they were trying to buy me time between operations. What grew looked like a spider web of bone, and literally disintegrated as soon as the surgeon sent a needle into it. Obviously it wasn't a success and a few days later I was in for a full knee replacement, regardless of my recent hip replacements. In the long run it worked out, but it was really painful.

Hope your insert works out. 😬