Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited July 27
    I just built a 100yd range to sight-in the AR and .308. The pigs have become trap shy but there are 2 fat ones gorging themselves at the protein feeder every night. Time to bring out the heavy artillery to finish them off. I put a cellular game camera on the target so I can check my hits on my phone without having to walk up there every shot. Not sure why I never thought of that before but pretty happy I finally did. 

Nice set up man!   Is your .308 AR-10 or bolt?   

Regardless, take those suckers out, the amount of damage they cause is a real issue.  
    .308 is bolt. 

We have 5 pigs left. Big boar, big sow and 3 6-12mo old smaller ones. The smaller ones were back in the trap last 2 nights so I’m going to spring it again tomorrow night. Would
    love to smoke 1 or both of the big ones and trap the smaller ones. Hope to be pig free by the end of the week. They did manage to break my feeder last night so now it’s personal haha 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    I just built a 100yd range to sight-in the AR and .308. The pigs have become trap shy but there are 2 fat ones gorging themselves at the protein feeder every night. Time to bring out the heavy artillery to finish them off. I put a cellular game camera on the target so I can check my hits on my phone without having to walk up there every shot. Not sure why I never thought of that before but pretty happy I finally did. 
    Just don't shoot the camera by accident :)
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,964
     Checking out the local prices and options:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    as long as you don't hit the camera by accident!
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
     Checking out the local prices and options:

Be careful when doing the math!  I think they measure those bottles in litres over there... Oh wait... Never mind...
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    My favorite kind of evening.  
    Got out early to mow this morning, a day early.  Blistering hot in the early afternoon.  Started getting very dark at about 5, and now the doors are rattling from the wind, there's a large branch on my freshly-mowed lawn, it's now downpouring and the outside temp has dropped 22º (since opening just two windows the inside temp has dropped 10º!) and it's thundering wonderfully (we usually only get thunder/lightning during snowstorms here).  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Botch
    edited July 28
    Botch said:
    Stepped out into the carport, and the gutters are flowing like whitewater, and starting to come over the curbs.  Love it!!!  (we've had NO precipitation since mid-June)  

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

Regardless, take those suckers out, the amount of damage they cause is a real issue.  
    .308 is bolt. 

We have 5 pigs left. Big boar, big sow and 3 6-12mo old smaller ones. The smaller ones were back in the trap last 2 nights so I’m going to spring it again tomorrow night. Would
    love to smoke 1 or both of the big ones and trap the smaller ones. Hope to be pig free by the end of the week. They did manage to break my feeder last night so now it’s personal haha 
    Hey man, my previous offer remains, if you need any help with eradication let me know.   Seems like you have the help you need but if additional help is needed let me know.  I hate seeing landowners, like you, suffer the consequences of invasive species.  

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130

.308 is bolt. 

Hey man, my previous offer remains, if you need any help with eradication let me know.   Seems like you have the help you need but if additional help is needed let me know.  I hate seeing landowners, like you, suffer the consequences of invasive species.  

Appreciate the offer but we are all good out here. We only have 5 pigs left and we will take care of those this week. We have very good fences and cameras on all the food sources so I’m confident these are the last pigs we currently have. My neighbors and actually enjoy doing this on my place and on theirs. We have never been out of control with hogs here. This is the most action we have had in the 3 years I have lived here. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch said:
    Got out early to mow this morning, a day early.  Blistering hot in the early afternoon.  Started getting very dark at about 5, and now the doors are rattling from the wind, there's a large branch on my freshly-mowed lawn, it's now downpouring and the outside temp has dropped 22º (since opening just two windows the inside temp has dropped 10º!) and it's thundering wonderfully (we usually only get thunder/lightning during snowstorms here).  

Two things I like about this post - Your comment about mowing “a day early” implies you have a schedule for grass cutting and you like thundershowers. We are similar. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,442
    Gonna throw a tri tip on in a bit.  Watching the USWNT/Germany match and doing some laundry.  2 college visits tomorrow, one on Friday.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Started leaving bourbon slushees in the freezer.  Makes them quick and easy.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    Canuck women football team still alive!
    canuckland
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    That’s the team that got caught cheating right? 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Correct. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    Yes, you're right.
    canuckland
  • Canuck women football team still alive!
    Correct. 
    Quite shameful, assuming the allegations are accurate. 
  • Botch
    zaphod said:
    just came in from the "morning after the night before" cleaning of the egg. Nothing special last night (burgers and sweet corn) which needed a particular cleaning, it's just something I enjoy doing in the early morning. The neighbourhood is quiet, birds are out and the air is crisp and clean. After I scrub off the grills and put the cleaned ash into the compost I pick lump for the next burn and fill up the basket. Then I am ready to strike a match if I have a spur of the moment desire to egg.

I like the quiet solitude while I clean up the egg and get ready for the next burn. The house and backyard are a different place with just me and nature. 
    You might want to repost this in the "Need some inspiration/ideas" thread; the OP needs some "chill/relax/ enjoy things" vibes thrown his way.  

• DoubleEgger
    edited July 28
    Correct. 
    Quite shameful, assuming the allegations are accurate. 
    Agreed. Doesn’t seem very Canadian. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752

Enjoying this view for the next 5 days and drinking like prohibition is about to start.  Wish my liver luck. 
    Remember,
    you can’t drink all day if you don’t start at breakfast 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    Humpys @JohnInCarolina?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    Botch said:

Two things I like about this post - Your comment about mowing “a day early” implies you have a schedule for grass cutting and you like thundershowers. We are similar. 

Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    Legume said:
    Botch said:

A yard service is waaaay cheaper. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    You got it man!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Botch said:

I have them both 😂
  • Botch
    Legume said:
    Botch said:

Way cheaper than... what?  What do you pay for yard service, and how often?