Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,964
    Just checked into our rental here in Vancouver:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    lousubcap said:
    I read the same in terms of returning EV buyers. 
    IMO Government should have nothing to do with promoting the required EV infrastructure.  When the mode of transportation moved to automobiles the petroleum industry provided the source for the fuel.  
    I will have to do some research (not happening on a Friday night) but I have read where the EV industry is net negative given the energy to mine the metals for the batteries and then assemble them for the power units.  
    I have some reservations about how that source of fuel was provided.

• DoubleEgger
    kl8ton said:
    LG has an EV battery plant expansion going on near me.  Several construction workers are/were guests of mine.  They have been getting laid off and being sent home or moving on to different projects.  The last guy to get laid off today told me "Biden pulled our funding." The company he worked for had a $27M contract to fulfill (all government funded) and "the government" is pulling out of the project.  Construction was supposed to end in 2027 and now we are hearing that they are not finishing it.
    Note: I have done none of my own research and this is just what I hear from the crews that pass thru.
    Not sure what was going on in that specific case. I looked it up and the EV tax credit has already cost the government $1B this year. 

That buys decent amount of charging capacity. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465
    The forum is experiencing a random pause in the updates.  How that is random is beyond me but some threads are current and some are lagging the inputs-may be heading for the executioner??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    lousubcap said:
    The forum is experiencing a random pause in the updates.  How that is random is beyond me but some threads are current and some are lagging the inputs-may be heading for the executioner??
    I noticed the same. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Might be that "blue-screen-of-death"/Microsquash thing that happened last Friday.  
    I learned this afternoon that that fiasco didn't have any effect on Southwest Airlines, because they're still running on Windows.... 3.1?!?!?   :o

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465

Way to treat the "our" to a vacation in a great location.  Go big or go home comes to mind. 
    You may want to look at a permanent residence change 🇨🇦 given the tea leaves brewing in the Lower 48.  😁
    Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    Botch said:
    Might be that "blue-screen-of-death"/Microsquash thing that happened last Friday.  
    I learned this afternoon that that fiasco didn't have any effect on Southwest Airlines, because they're still running on Windows.... 3.1?!?!?   :ohstop:

brother in law flies for SW. I asked about that, he laughed and said…..it works
  • DoubleEgger
    Botch said:
    I learned this afternoon that that fiasco didn't have any effect on Southwest Airlines, because they're still running on Windows.... 3.1?!?!?   :o

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    I learned this afternoon that that fiasco didn't have any effect on Southwest Airlines, because they're still running on Windows.... 3.1?!?!?   :ohstop:

brother in law flies for SW. I asked about that, he laughed and said…..it works
    Thanks!  That's one I'd like to have a confirmation on from an "insider".  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

I applaud you John, most on the left just go with rhetoric “I’m moving to Canada”.   You, sir, have actually started the physical process, albeit testing the waters via rental.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • JohnInCarolina

I applaud you John, most on the left just go with rhetoric “I’m moving to Canada”.   You, sir, have actually started the physical process, albeit testing the waters via rental.   
    I appreciate the joke I guess, but I love the US and don’t have any plans to leave it anytime soon.  I’m the kind of person who believes that patriotism means being critical of your own government, because you want it to be better, as opposed to the phony rah-rah flag-hugging sh!t.
  • TechsasJim

I appreciate the joke I guess, but I love the US and don’t have any plans to leave it anytime soon.  I’m the kind of person who believes that patriotism means being critical of your own government, because you want it to be better, as opposed to the phony rah-rah flag-hugging sh!t.
    John, they all jokes in this forum, right?   None of us will ever solve anything in a forum based on a grilling apparatus.  

I think we can all jab/duck/punch but whatever is said here will never move a needle.   

Sure, we vent.   We rant.    That’s all it is.  

Anyway, enjoy your time in a great Canadian Provence.    I’m a fan of BC.  
  • JohnInCarolina

John, they all jokes in this forum, right?   None of us will ever solve anything in a forum based on a grilling apparatus.  

I think we can all jab/duck/punch but whatever is said here will never move a needle.   

Well, I do appreciate how that view doesn’t appear to deter you from trying.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    No hackers are trying to exploit Win 3.1.....Microsoft ain't updating it. Perfect!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TechsasJim

Well, I do appreciate how that view doesn’t appear to deter you from trying.
    Try as I might, try as you might…neither of us will be swayed.   

John, you understand the dance as well as I do.   

It’s just a dance man…
  • DoubleEgger
    Jordan Love is the highest paid football player in history. That’s laughable. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Crazy what 8 good games in professional sports will get you. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,207

Good
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    WeberWho said:

Good
    Icing on the cake is how pissed off Aaron Rodgers is right now. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Crazy what 8 good games in professional sports will get you. 
    8 is probably a stretch too… 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,207
    WeberWho said:

Good
    Icing on the cake is how pissed off Aaron Rodgers is right now. 

https://youtu.be/QPBmL20dwVc?si=svyofkmyzsphlZdD
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    I just got back from a week away, but i work about a 20 minute walk from there. I live an hour drive away in the 'burbs but that area just past and to the left of Science world is my stomping grounds since 2009 for work. DM me if you want to say hi.

You are also only a few blocks away from a source of Maple Leaf lump.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Botch said:
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 said:
    Enjoying an old fashioned and officially starting Vacation after being on call for almost 2 months straight.  Flying to Mexico tomorrow.  Then looking for a new job when I get home.  
    Can't remember if you posted it, what do/did you do?  I'm guessing not IT as the week's Microsoft fiasco probably wouldn't allow you to vacation...
    No not IT.  I work for a oil field cement service company that deals with down hole cementing.  We are a 24 hour company.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE

• Enjoying an old fashioned and officially starting Vacation after being on call for almost 2 months straight.  Flying to Mexico tomorrow.  Then looking for a new job when I get home.  I plan on staying LEO for the week.  My liver and I had a nice chat today.  
    Dude are you at the airport or bar?   If bar, please tell me which one.   I’ll be there within the next 2 weeks
    At The Blue Door here in Midland. It is like my Cheers.  Been going there since they opened.  You should try it.  Let me know when you are here and I'll buy you one.  They are always on their happy hour for $7.00.  Plus, they are made properly.  They have a really nice whiskey/bourbon selection as well.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Views from the porch this am:

• TechsasJim

Enjoying an old fashioned and officially starting Vacation after being on call for almost 2 months straight.  Flying to Mexico tomorrow.  Then looking for a new job when I get home.  I plan on staying LEO for the week.  My liver and I had a nice chat today.  
    Dude are you at the airport or bar?   If bar, please tell me which one.   I’ll be there within the next 2 weeks
    At The Blue Door here in Midland. It is like my Cheers.  Been going there since they opened.  You should try it.  Let me know when you are here and I'll buy you one.  They are always on their happy hour for $7.00.  Plus, they are made properly.  They have a really nice whiskey/bourbon selection as well.
    Awesome, will do.  Should be in the next couple weeks.    I usually hit the Buffalo Nickel when I’m Midland proper but I’m down to try any proper OF.  
  • TechsasJim
    I just built a 100yd range to sight-in the AR and .308. The pigs have become trap shy but there are 2 fat ones gorging themselves at the protein feeder every night. Time to bring out the heavy artillery to finish them off. I put a cellular game camera on the target so I can check my hits on my phone without having to walk up there every shot. Not sure why I never thought of that before but pretty happy I finally did. 

Nice set up man!   Is your .308 AR-10 or bolt?   

Regardless, take those suckers out, the amount of damage they cause is a real issue.