Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    My favorite kind of evening.  
    Got out early to mow this morning, a day early.  Blistering hot in the early afternoon.  Started getting very dark at about 5, and now the doors are rattling from the wind, there's a large branch on my freshly-mowed lawn, it's now downpouring and the outside temp has dropped 22º (since opening just two windows the inside temp has dropped 10º!) and it's thundering wonderfully (we usually only get thunder/lightning during snowstorms here).  

Two things I like about this post - Your comment about mowing “a day early” implies you have a schedule for grass cutting and you like thundershowers. We are similar. 

A yard service is waaaay cheaper. 
    Way cheaper than... what?  What do you pay for yard service, and how often?  
    Read the meme again Botch. 

You’ve got this! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465
    Cooking a short loin like a prime rib.

That is bringing it home. Nailed it.  Gotta be a dance to hit the finish temp in that cook environment.  
    Uma aproves:
    https://youtu.be/HdKbOpuQyCQ. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490

Enjoying this view for the next 5 days and drinking like prohibition is about to start.  Wish my liver luck. 
    Super jealous. I, too am drinking like prohibition is about to start. Different circumstances. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    ColbyLang said:

Enjoying this view for the next 5 days and drinking like prohibition is about to start.  Wish my liver luck. 
    Remember,
    you can’t drink all day if you don’t start at breakfast 
    Hell yah!   Get it while you can!    Vacations are too short these days.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Battleborn
    Earlier, I was coming back from the store and saw a Ford Raptor with a personalized license plate of “R8PTR”. Not sure most people would read that how he thought it would. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,964
    Earlier, I was coming back from the store and saw a Ford Raptor with a personalized license plate of “R8PTR”. Not sure most people would read that how he thought it would. 
    Almost as bad as MASTERB8 - saw that for a fisherman once.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    Got out early to mow this morning, a day early.  Blistering hot in the early afternoon.  Started getting very dark at about 5, and now the doors are rattling from the wind, there's a large branch on my freshly-mowed lawn, it's now downpouring and the outside temp has dropped 22º (since opening just two windows the inside temp has dropped 10º!) and it's thundering wonderfully (we usually only get thunder/lightning during snowstorms here).  

Two things I like about this post - Your comment about mowing “a day early” implies you have a schedule for grass cutting and you like thundershowers. We are similar. 

You’ve got this! 
    Good grief.  That pic, and the pics in the previous five or six posts, didn't show up for me until just now.  I need to give up on the 'net service here (thankfully I like books).  :banghead:  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Botch said:

You’ve got this! 
    Good grief.  That pic, and the pics in the previous five or six posts, didn't show up for me until just now.  I need to give up on the 'net service here (thankfully I like books).  :banghead:  
    It’s not you it’s vanilla.  Forum has had some real weird behavior for a few days now.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    Sitting at my desk dreaming about retiring to a place with a normal level of humidity. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189
    edited July 29
    Almost as bad as MASTERB8 - saw that for a fisherman once.                                                  There used to be a bait shop up here called masterbaiters in ossipee
     The owner was a young hot female that dressed the part....she sold alot of hats
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    looking online at yukons and gx 460's,  be months before i narrow a list to go look at them. hate buying vehicles. leaning towards a 2020 lexus, to many vehicles to consider.  next will be walking into lots and walking away......
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    edited July 31
    Mondays still suck, even when you work for yourself.
    If you work 7 days a week Mondays really don’t affect you.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    My Sundays are your Mondays
  • Mondays still suck, even when you work for yourself.
    Now that’s positive thinking. 
  • TechsasJim
    I only have Mondays on Monday.  My job keeps me turning 24/7.   That’s not a constant, there’s an ebb/flow but vacations are kinda fake news.   Phone is never out of reach.  It’s a new world 
  • alaskanassasin
    Mondays still suck, even when you work for yourself.
    Now that’s positive thinking. 
    Farming is a lifestyle, at least that’s what I tell myself lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    My days off are Sun, Mon, Tues. they were Fri, Sat, Sun before our days got changed. Kinda like the different days. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,207
    leaning towards a 2020 lexus

Fish that vehicle sounds way too reliable for you. Can we at least add a Maserati or Jaguar into the mix for you? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Turbo Beaver @JohnInCarolina
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Turbo Beaver @JohnInCarolina
    On at least one of the legs, yeah.
  • @JohnInCarolina

Was going to ask if you were going to visit Victoria, but figured you wouldn’t have the opportunity. It is a beautiful city. I used to attend a conference there and would get a room overlooking the water at the Empress for a heavily discounted $99! Some great restaurants and shops. It’s Canada’s warmest city (🙃) and features Canada’s oldest Chinatown (and actually, one of the oldest in North America). 

Hope you got some time to visit. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    Starting needling therapy in the mix with my PT today. Mildly nervous
  • fishlessman
    love the big tug boat looking sailboat up front, hope it has a big diesel engine in it as well. the luxury one behind it does nothing for me

fukahwee maine

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,627
     Checking out the local prices and options:

so it appears in Canada, Top = Bottom and Bottom = Top
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina

Was going to ask if you were going to visit Victoria, but figured you wouldn’t have the opportunity. It is a beautiful city. I used to attend a conference there and would get a room overlooking the water at the Empress for a heavily discounted $99! Some great restaurants and shops. It’s Canada’s warmest city (🙃) and features Canada’s oldest Chinatown (and actually, one of the oldest in North America). 

Hope you got some time to visit. 
    We had drinks from the porch of the Empress - nice place!  We also had lunch at John’s Place:

Kind of a neat spot, and the food was very good.  We did get to China town as well, and the ladies got plenty of shopping in along Government St.

Off to Calgary today!
  • TechsasJim
    @JohnInCarolina
    Nice trip you have going.   Love Calgary, used to spend a lot of time there and always stayed at The Palliser, which used to be incredibly cheap for USD.    I heard it’s gone up quite a bit.   Any plans to hit up Banff of Kananaskis or so?