Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    Itching to fire up the egg this weekend.

what is yalls favorite dome thermometer?  I’ve been getting around replacing it by feel and a thermapen stuck through the thermometer hole.  Sorta want to get something to replace the old broken one. Not necessarily needed, but would be nice to have. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    Pearl clutcher
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,056
    Watching it rain. Rain = Grain 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,591

Speed queen has been smelling foul for some time now. Tore it down to clean it. 

I'm 95% certain this is from my son's microfiber detailing towels/rags. He used to wash them in our machine. My wife put a stop to that. I think since then, it has developed its own ecosystem. 

He now throws them away when done using them. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    Dyal_SC said:

what is yalls favorite dome thermometer?  I’ve been getting around replacing it by feel and a thermapen stuck through the thermometer hole.  Sorta want to get something to replace the old broken one. Not necessarily needed, but would be nice to have. 
    I just ordered the big 3’ inch white writing black face smokeware of Amazon.  It’s pretty all right it’s nice for a quick check but I’m a close enough kind of person.  .  I just broke my original 2010 teltru (not that good of a story) which I can’t remember the last time it hit a pot of boiling water?.   
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109
    edited August 2
    Dyal_SC said:

I have tried various ones, I have settled back on the BGE Tel-Tru.  They last the longest.  I get the large ones.  I also have started to put those inside when not in use.  Hoping they last longer and stay looking nice.

I had the ones from Smokeware and they were great for a few years, but the faces all bleached out and have slowly all died.  Granted 5+ years for like $22 wasn't bad.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,453
    Another vote for the large face tel-tru analog thermos.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    The lakes:

Great googaley moogaley!   Amazing!  Are your accommodations on the water?  It would be hard to leave that and go back to life....maybe when the late August snow comes?
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,960
    @kl8ton - we are staying in Canmore, which is about half an hour outside the park.  There is a hotel that overlooks Lake Louise - it’s called the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - check it out if you get a chance.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    I've only been there in winter, stayed at that hotel and walked across the frozen lake to watch ice climbers going up a waterfall further up.  Unbelievable scenery there.

The hike to the tea house is supposed to be fantastic.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,668
    This picture is from Sept 2014. So much more snow and glaciers back then. 

• @JohnInCarolina's vacation pictures trump my vacation picture.  Sheesh.  That looks amazing.  I love the beach and all, but I don't recommend going to Mexico in July esp. coming from West Texas.  The humidity there is the devil.  I don't know how you fellas do it living down south.  I'm not sure if I was wetter from sweating or when I jumped in our pool there.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • @kl8ton - we are staying in Canmore, which is about half an hour outside the park.  There is a hotel that overlooks Lake Louise - it’s called the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - check it out if you get a chance.  
    You’re getting a good survey of the Fairmonts out that way, starting with the Empress.
  • JohnInCarolina
    @kl8ton - we are staying in Canmore, which is about half an hour outside the park.  There is a hotel that overlooks Lake Louise - it’s called the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - check it out if you get a chance.  
    You’re getting a good survey of the Fairmonts out that way, starting with the Empress.
    The first part of my stay out here in Vancouver was at the Fairmont Waterfront.  Beautiful hotel, but I’m glad I wasn’t paying!
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    @JohnInCarolina's vacation pictures trump my vacation picture.  Sheesh.  That looks amazing.  I love the beach and all, but I don't recommend going to Mexico in July esp. coming from West Texas.  The humidity there is the devil.  I don't know how you fellas do it living down south.  I'm not sure if I was wetter from sweating or when I jumped in our pool there.  
    Amen man!    We used to always summer vacation in Breckenridge, CO to beat the heat humidity.   My family has decided to pivot to coastal areas.   I sweat enough in Houston as is, why pay to sweat more?

I’ll be up in your parts next week.   If my schedule allows I’ll hit you up-if your schedule allows.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • kl8ton
    Thinking about @texaswig ?
    Murder van?
    Cool shop he was renovating? 

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    @JohnInCarolina

I just keep thinking that pics never do those scenes any justice....

Must be seen in person. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    kl8ton said:
    @JohnInCarolina

I just keep thinking that pics never do those scenes any justice....

Must be seen in person. 
    That is absolutely true.

I’ve wanted to come to Banff for years.  I know so many people who have been here, and the pics of the lakes you can find online are stunning. But it really is something else in person.  I highly recommend a visit if you get the opportunity.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Checking on some of my horses after a crazy monsoon came through.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,453
    Need to work on finding a new back yard.  @Braggart stunning location.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 245

Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    Pizza oven
    2 Dogs Back to 3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,751
    Wow @Braggart, amazing scenery
  • Contemplating the apparent anomaly that is indoor plumbing here in Canada. #HawkTuah
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,936
    Contemplating the apparent anomaly that is indoor plumbing here in Canada. #HawkTuah
    Installing a bidet? fixing pipe that spits like hawktuah?
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Contemplating the apparent anomaly that is indoor plumbing here in Canada. #HawkTuah
    Is “indoor plumbing” a euphemism here? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I am getting all Canadian on my fridge.  Storms blew it down the patio and ripped the door almost completely off.  Time for some hammers and JB Weld.