Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,960
    @JohnInCarolina
    Nice trip you have going.   Love Calgary, used to spend a lot of time there and always stayed at The Palliser, which used to be incredibly cheap for USD.    I heard it’s gone up quite a bit.   Any plans to hit up Banff of Kananaskis or so?
    We are only flying into Calgary, grabbing a rental car and then heading to our rental in Canmore.  Will be checking out Banff and the surroundings (minus those areas literally on fire right now) over the next four days.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,936
    It's 1:23 but still can't see JIC's 1:16 post. Better not burn down the '2024' version yet.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina
    Nice trip you have going.   Love Calgary, used to spend a lot of time there and always stayed at The Palliser, which used to be incredibly cheap for USD.    I heard it’s gone up quite a bit.   Any plans to hit up Banff of Kananaskis or so?
    We are headed to Banff right after picking up the rental car from the Calgary airport.  
  • I use this forum exclusively on mobile and am finding that there are flags for new post content even though I have previously viewed it. Anyone else?
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    @JohnInCarolina
    We are only flying into Calgary, grabbing a rental car and then heading to our rental in Canmore.  Will be checking out Banff and the surroundings (minus those areas literally on fire right now) over the next four days.
    That was going to be the follow up question as I know some places are covered in fire.  

Safe travels man.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    I use this forum exclusively on mobile and am finding that there are flags for new post content even though I have previously viewed it. Anyone else?
    If I stay on the main page I have this problem.  I go to the menu forums then egghead forum and there doesn’t have the issue. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina
    We are headed to Banff right after picking up the rental car from the Calgary airport.  
    Apologies for the double response here.  F Vanilla with a rented poker.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109
    I use this forum exclusively on mobile and am finding that there are flags for new post content even though I have previously viewed it. Anyone else?
    I can’t get into some threads, some new posts can’t be seen in others, and new flags don’t go away.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @JohnInCarolina I am beginning to think this might be a pleasure trip, or you are a Supreme Court Justice performing some “business”.

• JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina I am beginning to think this might be a pleasure trip, or you are a Supreme Court Justice performing some “business”.
    I am definitely on vacation this week. Work was last week.  
  • TechsasJim
    Since it’s a “what are you doing now thread”.   I am watching a highlight reel of Kamala doing 180s on everything she said 4 years ago.   

The question becomes, is this what she does truly believe and 4yrs ago was just what was asked of her or does she truly not have any belief system and just says what people want to hear?   

I honestly don’t know, she’s never been in the limelight as much as she has been recently.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Since it’s a “what are you doing now thread”.   I am watching a highlight reel of Kamala doing 180s on everything she said 4 years ago.   

Sounds like a great way to spend a Thursday night, lol.  Maybe make better life choices?
  • TechsasJim
    Well I was watching Olympics until thunderstorms stopped that.   

Maybe stop being a **** on every post?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Well I was watching Olympics until thunderstorms stopped that.   

Maybe stop being a **** on every post?
    Haha, I’m not the one who injected politics in a thread where it’s generally avoided at all costs.  I’m sure one of the conservative forum police members will swing by to explain that to you any minute now.  

But until then … you do you!  
  • TechsasJim
    If you read the damn post you will see I am trying to figure out what her position is.   I can’t tell, as most probably cannot either.   What was said 4 years ago is not what is being said now.  What is the problem with that?   

Good Lord man…

enjoy your vacation man.   
  • JohnInCarolina
    If you read the damn post you will see I am trying to figure out what her position is.   I can’t tell, as most probably cannot either.   What was said 4 years ago is not what is being said now.  What is the problem with that?   

Good Lord man…

enjoy your vacation man.   
    If you genuinely want to discuss this (and I doubt it), there is an entire thread over in the OT forum dedicated to her.  You could certainly take up the question there.   
  • TechsasJim
    If you genuinely want to enjoy your family vacation, why spend so much time on this forum?   

In any case, I’ll check it out.  My phone defaults to this portion of the forum and I don’t spend too much time looking for other options but I will now.  

Regardless, as I stated initially, this thread is “what are you doing now” and that was literally what I was doing then.   I don’t know how much more literal that could be.   
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    I suspect more of her positions will come out soon. 4 years ago she had her own positions and then was the VP nominee which entails adopting and supporting Pres nominee's positions. She's supported his platform since and I'm sure they're hammering out her vision now vs running in support of him just two weeks ago.

That may account for some of what you're watching, along with the fact that some people's views do change over time, with new info, different challenges, etc.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    If you genuinely want to enjoy your family vacation, why spend so much time on this forum?   
    We are on a bus to Lake Louise.  Trust me once we get there I won’t be here, lol.

As for your explanation as to why you posted that here, I’m just relaying the unwritten rules man.  There’s a reason this thread has survived as long as it has. 
  • Legume
    Busses are for commoners.
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Legume said:
    I suspect more of her positions will come out soon. 4 years ago she had her own positions and then was the VP nominee which entails adopting and supporting Pres nominee's positions. She's supported his platform since and I'm sure they're hammering out her vision now vs running in support of him just two weeks ago.

That may account for some of what you're watching, along with the fact that some people's views do change over time, with new info, different challenges, etc.
    Legume, thanks. I keep seeing snippets of what she said then vs what she said now.   Not just on one network but multiple.   I am just trying to wrap my head on what is truly her picture vs what was fed to her to say vs the overall noise.   What I’m seeing now is wildly different.   

Regardless, one can only believe what was actually said/done vs rhetoric and hyperbole.  
  • Legume
    Well, Vance and Haley were never Trumpers. It's endemic to politics to some degree.  You have to figure out what make sense to you and what's egregious flip flopping for votes.

Also keep in mind, the job of an elected official is to represent their constituency, to some degree that mandates changes in position as the constituency they want to represent changes.
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Legume said:
    Well, Vance and Haley were never Trumpers. It's endemic to politics to some degree.  You have to figure out what make sense to you and what's egregious flip flopping for votes.

Also keep in mind, the job of an elected official is to represent their constituency, to some degree that mandates changes in position as the constituency they want to represent changes.
    Do not disagree with that statement.   What I question is what was said as AG and Senator.  Prior to the JB position.   

Like all things politics (if one cares enough) have to sift through the detritus to find what is really being said.   

Kinda like everyone jumping on the Project 2025.   That’s a Heritage position, not Trump.    But it’s being passed along as a Trump initiative - which it isn’t.   People need to do their homework but most don’t have time/inclination for homework and rely on media (social and TV) for their TV dinner homework.   

• JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:

Do not disagree with that statement.   What I question is what was said as AG and Senator.  Prior to the JB position.   

Like all things politics (if one cares enough) have to sift through the detritus to find what is really being said.   

Kinda like everyone jumping on the Project 2025.   That’s a Heritage position, not Trump.    But it’s being passed along as a Trump initiative - which it isn’t.   People need to do their homework but most don’t have time/inclination for homework and rely on media (social and TV) for their TV dinner homework.   

Project 2025 is staffed almost entirely by former Trump appointees, which probably explains why people are connecting the two.  Their positions aren’t all that different from Trump’s or the GOP platform, either, to the extent positions are even stated anywhere.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    By the way, so as to not distract from this thread, here are links to threads on Harris and Project 2025:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1233400/kamala-harris/p1

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1233364/project-2025#latest

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,056
    I will echo that we try to keep politics out of this thread. If the 2024 version has not been sunk I would ask that you all take it over there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2
    Whoa, I just scrolled past a lot of fussing and bothering …. See the thread our favorite Ohioan linked above.  That is the thread we are trying to burn down.