Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    @billt01

Had a bumload of dental work done in the last two years, including 6 crowns (3 of which required root canals) and 2 implants. Since I have a bone disease, they couldn't tell me if the implants would even work, whether my bone would "grow" around the insert or not. The first one was a $5,000 experiment. The dentist packed the hole with "extra" cadaver bone, hoping that would help. We also waited longer than the few months to give the bone extra time to graph. I've had that implant in for about a year now and it seems to be holding up so far. When I had a core decompression of my right knee about 12 years ago (trying to save me from requiring a knee replacement), after coring it out with a drill, they packed it full of bone powder, hoping I would grow enough internal bone structure that I wouldn't require a knee replacement right away, as I was recovering from two very recent hip replacements at the time, so they were trying to buy me time between operations. What grew looked like a spider web of bone, and literally disintegrated as soon as the surgeon sent a needle into it. Obviously it wasn't a success and a few days later I was in for a full knee replacement, regardless of my recent hip replacements. In the long run it worked out, but it was really painful.

Hope your insert works out. 😬
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Just gave a large, slightly-limp carrot to my next-door-neighbor's pot-bellied pig, who now weighs 385 lbs (not a sentence I expected to write in my lifetime).   
    He seemed to be happy, wagged his tail; do pigs do that like dogs when they're happy?  

When the Lidocaine wore off last night (after my gum butchering), I had no pain/bleeding at all.  Slept very well last night, and no pain this morning (in fact I missed one of my 6-hr ibuprofin doses today).  Made a pan of my Mom's goulash (public-school cafeteria version, not the real Hungarian stuff), nice and soft, so I should be fed for the next four days.  
    I’m happy to see your mouth is healing well! What did you do for the goulash? I’ve had a million variations as a Hungy. My grandma (from the old country) made the only one I’ve ever liked though  :)
    'Murican goulash is just a lb of ground beef, browned, some diced onion, 3-to-4 cups of tomato juice, 2 cups of macaroni (boiled/drained), 1 Tblspn chili powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, salt-n-pecker to taste, stirred together and baked at 350º for an hour (not "Hungarian" whatsoever).  For me its Comfort food, filling, easy, and.... soft.  
    I was on board until the Salt-n-Pecker.  Not a seasoning I would recommend.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465
    Not seeing @Ozzie_Isaac's post from 2:48 PM??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    👀

It was touch and go for a while. I kept seeing Stumps post
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,492
    Tomatoes and cukes in full swing…..and IYKYK

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Buffalo almost burned down my entire self-worth and identity!

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    ColtsFan said:

Salt and pepper on sliced garden fresh tomatoes…buttered toasted bread with some Kewpie. Can anyone refute that sandwich?
  • ColtsFan said:
    Salt and pepper on sliced garden fresh tomatoes…buttered toasted bread with some Kewpie. Can anyone refute that sandwich?
    https://bsgeneralstore.com/products/the-tomato-sandwich-t-shirt

No refuting here, all celebrating. A bacon tomato biscuit is heaven. Little pepper helps and mayo is optional. A bagel (any but preferably potato) toasted with hummus and tomato is great. I don't toast the bread for a tomato, bacon tomato, or bacon egg mayo sandwich.  
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    ColtsFan said:
    https://bsgeneralstore.com/products/the-tomato-sandwich-t-shirt

No refuting here, all celebrating. A bacon tomato biscuit is heaven. Little pepper helps and mayo is optional. A bagel (any but preferably potato) toasted with hummus and tomato is great. I don't toast the bread for a tomato, bacon tomato, or bacon egg mayo sandwich.  
    Ugh add good bacon to any of the above and forget about it. Thanks for the link, might get that for a Christmas present! 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,207
    John Michael Montgomery 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    edited July 26
    It’s tough watching the news about Jasper in Canada. One of my favorite places on the planet. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,320
    Wondering what other vocations I'm unaware of . . .

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    Looks like The Wolf has franchised. Missed opportunity with that vanity plate.
    Not a felon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,602
    This Cloud Flare mess is acting up again. I think that the left wants us to upgrade from Vanilla to Pumpkin Spice.
  • DoubleEgger
    Got the vacation trifecta

Covid, strep, and bronchitis. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    No stds?
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I was friends with an Apartment maintenance manager.  He had stories that would make you glad to have these guys in your Rolodex.  Apparently people kind of melt into fabric. 

• Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Just gave a large, slightly-limp carrot to my next-door-neighbor's pot-bellied pig, who now weighs 385 lbs (not a sentence I expected to write in my lifetime).   
    He seemed to be happy, wagged his tail; do pigs do that like dogs when they're happy?  

When the Lidocaine wore off last night (after my gum butchering), I had no pain/bleeding at all.  Slept very well last night, and no pain this morning (in fact I missed one of my 6-hr ibuprofin doses today).  Made a pan of my Mom's goulash (public-school cafeteria version, not the real Hungarian stuff), nice and soft, so I should be fed for the next four days.  
    I’m happy to see your mouth is healing well! What did you do for the goulash? I’ve had a million variations as a Hungy. My grandma (from the old country) made the only one I’ve ever liked though  :)
    'Murican goulash is just a lb of ground beef, browned, some diced onion, 3-to-4 cups of tomato juice, 2 cups of macaroni (boiled/drained), 1 Tblspn chili powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, salt-n-pecker to taste, stirred together and baked at 350º for an hour (not "Hungarian" whatsoever).  For me its Comfort food, filling, easy, and.... soft.  
    I was on board until the Salt-n-Pecker.  Not a seasoning I would recommend.
    It’s worse if you include the “to taste”. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,796
    edited July 26
    @Gulfcoastguy

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/electric-battery-project-umicore-ontario-1.7276431

Closing due to "significant worsening of the EV market context and the impacts this has on the entire supply chain."

Still just “intellectual laziness”?
  • DoubleEgger
    @Gulfcoastguy

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/electric-battery-project-umicore-ontario-1.7276431

Closing due to "significant worsening of the EV market context and the impacts this has on the entire supply chain."

Still just “intellectual laziness”?
    According to a report recently released, half of EV buyers will not buy another one. That’s very telling. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,595
    Things used to be a lot nicer around here....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465
    I read the same in terms of returning EV buyers. 
    IMO Government should have nothing to do with promoting the required EV infrastructure.  When the mode of transportation moved to automobiles the petroleum industry provided the source for the fuel.  
    I will have to do some research (not happening on a Friday night) but I have read where the EV industry is net negative given the energy to mine the metals for the batteries and then assemble them for the power units.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @lousubcap

I have heard the same. Mining is reportedly a very environmentally-impactful industry. 

@DoubleEgger

Many major manufacturers are diverting funds away from EV production and development at present. Hybrid seems like the emerging market that many didn’t expect. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 said:
    Enjoying an old fashioned and officially starting Vacation after being on call for almost 2 months straight.  Flying to Mexico tomorrow.  Then looking for a new job when I get home.  
    Can't remember if you posted it, what do/did you do?  I'm guessing not IT as the week's Microsoft fiasco probably wouldn't allow you to vacation...

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

Enjoying an old fashioned and officially starting Vacation after being on call for almost 2 months straight.  Flying to Mexico tomorrow.  Then looking for a new job when I get home.  I plan on staying LEO for the week.  My liver and I had a nice chat today.  
    Dude are you at the airport or bar?   If bar, please tell me which one.   I’ll be there within the next 2 weeks
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    LG has an EV battery plant expansion going on near me.  Several construction workers are/were guests of mine.  They have been getting laid off and being sent home or moving on to different projects.  The last guy to get laid off today told me "Biden pulled our funding." The company he worked for had a $27M contract to fulfill (all government funded) and "the government" is pulling out of the project.  Construction was supposed to end in 2027 and now we are hearing that they are not finishing it.
    Note: I have done none of my own research and this is just what I hear from the crews that pass thru.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI