Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:

The leave for absence for international duty is over. England won three and lost one,  spread across three sports.  Yes lads - don’t overlook the fun to be had at the Cricket World Cup (that India or New Zealand will win),  while the Rugby World Cup  (that New Zealand will win) is in touching distance of it’s biggest weekend with both semi-finals hurtling down the tracks.

Back to basics then;

Saturday

Liverpool v Everton, the Merseyside derby and so the normal rules don’t apply, except they will 2-0

Bournemouth v Wolves,  The Old Gold have awoken while the Cherries really are not looking great. Perhaps a point on offer here for the hosts, and they really need it.  1-1

Brentford v Burnley, neither in good shape.  The hosts have failed to weather the absence of their key striker this season, while their guests have failed to make an impression.  Too early to be labelled a desperate encounter, but that is what it is because defat for either will be distinctly sub-opitmal if they are to establish their PL presence. 1-0

Man City v Brighton, of course it’s the filthy fetid Seagulls next up for slumpsville City - off the back of two defeats.  Let’s all hope Pep and the lads  roar back.  3-1

Newcastle v Palace, meh - it’s just an inconvenient trip to the North East for us. The Toon have hit their straps and we just don’t have the artillery. Keeping it to 2-0 is success.

Forest v Luton, it’s been a regression to the mean for the Hatters recently, back to grinding out the defeats. A home win makes things feel more rosey for the Forest, but there are many more meaningful matches to come for them. 2-0

Chelsea v Arsenal, Ted’s Blues have shown signs of life but this is too soon to genuinely overcome this well honed Gunners outfit.  A good game but not, in the end, a close game. 0-2

Sheff Utd, Man Utd, The blades are welded to the foot of the table for good reason - even circus clown car club Utd can see this home with little anxiety. 0-2

Sunday

Aston Villa v West Ham, possibly the game of the weekend - strong opening weeks to the season for both teams, who could each have been bothering the top 4 but for their defats last time out.  There will be goals, but only the odd one between them in the end. 3-2

Monday

Spurs v Fulham, super soaraway Spurs surge to the summit! What can possibly go wrong? Usually plenty but perhaps this Spurs is a new Spurs? No Harry, no problems it seems. 2-0, maybe bigger.

There you go.  We’ve got lots and lots of rain forecast this weekend but two world cups, the PL and F1 in it’s new spiritual home of oooo-esssss-ay let’s just stay in and work that butt groove on the sofa. 

Thanks for that.  However, I don't think Brighton will put one in the net against City.  And while I would love to see Luton do well and become a Premier League fixture for a few years, I'm not optimistic.  My college roommate spent some of his youth in Luton while his father played for their reserve team.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    edited October 2023
    SonVolt said:
    Reading up on all the Fat Stacks Smokers drama.  :|
    Trust me, I was on the phone with Eric Tuesday, all is well , wait for the update Friday 

I have a couple rants about the sellouts , but I’ll just let Linda hear that .
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Flying to Boston for a multiday meeting and some time away from the meeting with my B-I-L and his wife.

@blind99, are you going?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:
    Reading up on all the Fat Stacks Smokers drama.  :|
    Trust me, I was on the phone with Eric Tuesday, all is well , wait for the update Friday 

I have a couple rants about the sellouts , but I’ll just let Linda hear that .
    I just watched his YouTube from last Friday and… yikes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    edited October 2023
    Yeah, the update he gave on YouTube sounded like he was ready to pull the plug on the whole operation. Sounds like he got upside down to the tune of 1.2 mill and now can't dig himself out of it.  Speculation and reality may be different, but yeah - doesn't look good. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    edited October 2023
    Hope it shakes out for him. A lot of people are struggling these days. You have to appreciate his openness. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    ColtsFan said:
    Hope it shakes out for him. A lot of people are struggling these days. You have to appreciate his openness. 
    Worst I’ve seen it in years, discretionary spending has come to a screeching halt , happens in most election cycles but this one is far worse …. But I just ride the wave , don’t overspend then you don’t have to over earn 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Pouring an early afternoon drink and getting ready to watch the baseball game. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• I think the “Forum Leaders” has disappeared.  At least I’m not seeing it on my phone.  That’s a shame - I thought for sure I’d catch @nolaegghead any day now….
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    I think the “Forum Leaders” has disappeared.  At least I’m not seeing it on my phone.  That’s a shame - I thought for sure I’d catch @nolaegghead any day now….
    Why wasn’t @RRP on the leader list?  Think he’s almost at 30,000 comments. Too many dislikes? Not enough original posts? 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Dyal_SC said:
    I think the “Forum Leaders” has disappeared.  At least I’m not seeing it on my phone.  That’s a shame - I thought for sure I’d catch @nolaegghead any day now….
    Why wasn’t @RRP on the leader list?  Think he’s almost at 30,000 comments. Too many dislikes? Not enough original posts? 

If he was banned in the past it might help......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    That's why I couldn't find it the other day.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Dyal_SC said:
    Obviously, the Buffalo hates America.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    The new dog, Millie Nelson, decided to nibble around the perimeter of the dome of the egg.  She managed to nibble right at the Rutland gasket seam and stretched it out a bit, leaving a gasket tail sticking out. She was pulling at it good too, because the egg had rolled about 8 inches. The glue and the gasket stayed intact. Somehow she just got enough of the seam to stretch out the end of the rope. Just glad she didn’t topple the egg itself over. 

Happened around 4:20 pm too. Go figure. Silly ol’ Millie Nelson. Will fix it tomorrow and glue that seam down real good. 🚬 🐶 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    How ‘bout them Astros?

Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Dyal_SC said:
    The new dog, Millie Nelson, decided to nibble around the perimeter of the dome of the egg.  She managed to nibble right at the Rutland gasket seam and stretched it out a bit, leaving a gasket tail sticking out. She was pulling at it good too, because the egg had rolled about 8 inches. The glue and the gasket stayed intact. Somehow she just got enough of the seam to stretch out the end of the rope. Just glad she didn’t topple the egg itself over. 

Happened around 4:20 pm too. Go figure. Silly ol’ Millie Nelson. Will fix it tomorrow and glue that seam down real good. 🚬 🐶 
    That would have been devastating 
    Jacksonville FL
  • lkapigian
    Dobie said:
    Dyal_SC said:

That would have been devastating 
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    So many I interesting things happen at 4:20.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Foghorn said:

Thanks for that.  However, I don't think Brighton will put one in the net against City.  And while I would love to see Luton do well and become a Premier League fixture for a few years, I'm not optimistic.  My college roommate spent some of his youth in Luton while his father played for their reserve team.
    I like your style and also hope the fetid filthy Seagulls fail to register, too.  
    Good Luton link, there.  The Hatters had some glory years in the 80's while under David Pleat.  
    The town itself is not the jewel in the crown of the English countryside, I'd offer 'utilitarian' as a generous description. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Just put a pork butt on the BGE.  Smoking steady at 225, using some hickory for smoke.  We’re having some of my new PhD students over today for a fall bbq, as well as one of my former students who just started as an assistant professor over at NC State.  Weather forecast looks good - should be a nice fall day here.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,725
    Just put a pork butt on the BGE.  Smoking steady at 225, using some hickory for smoke.  We’re having some of my new PhD students over today for a fall bbq, as well as one of my former students who just started as an assistant professor over at NC State.  Weather forecast looks good - should be a nice fall day here.
    I thought your students called you the “Weekend wrecker” Enjoy the party sounds great
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Just put a pork butt on the BGE.  Smoking steady at 225, using some hickory for smoke.  We’re having some of my new PhD students over today for a fall bbq, as well as one of my former students who just started as an assistant professor over at NC State.  Weather forecast looks good - should be a nice fall day here.
    I thought your students called you the “Weekend wrecker” Enjoy the party sounds great
    “Destroyer of Weekends” - they just got done with midterms and the fall break, so they have a brief respite.

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

I like your style and also hope the fetid filthy Seagulls fail to register, too.  
    Good Luton link, there.  The Hatters had some glory years in the 80's while under David Pleat.  
    The town itself is not the jewel in the crown of the English countryside, I'd offer 'utilitarian' as a generous description. 

That fits with the impression I've gathered from my old roommate's descriptions and how it was portrayed in the movie "Blinded By The Light".

San Antonio, TX

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Being angry. Technology is forever changing. Something new always comes out. Still doesn’t mean I can’t be mad!!!! I bought a top of the line shooting chronograph in March. Garmin releases latest and greatest this past week. Cheaper, easier to use, and compact. Used market flooded with the ones like I have. Damn you Garmin, as if golf, shooting and egging weren’t expensive enough…..

end rant
  • Dobie
    @ColbyLang what are you loading?
    Jacksonville FL
  • ColbyLang
    .308 and .280 AI
  • Dobie
    Can ColbyLang said:
    .308 and .280 AI
    Lots of good factory 308 out there but I bet the Ackley deserves hand loads 😎
    Jacksonville FL
  • ColbyLang
    Dobie said:
    Can ColbyLang said:
    .308 and .280 AI
    Lots of good factory 308 out there but I bet the Ackley deserves hand loads 😎
    I shoot factory and hand load 308’s depending on the distance. The Ackley has a custom load developed for it by Cor Bon ammo. Reloader 17 and 162 grain AMAX’s