Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - I was home instead of at work that day. The previous day was bitterly cold with a strong breeze off the ocean and I got sick. Heard the launch and explosion from my house. 
    Here is a photo of some of the memorabilia we were given. The cloth patch on the booklet was the last one we received. The booklet contains photos and names of the people in each group at KSC. Some of us were reporting to two departments as the program was winding down, so wound up in two photos in the booklet.

My group was Launch Processing Systems so we not only installed and upgraded the Firing Room systems but our equipment was also in Room 4R10 (the USAF set),  in the crawlers, under the launch pads, on the launch towers, and in the Orbiter Functional Simulator on the Air Force side, where I met Ellison Onizuka and Ron McNair when they needed to train on the simulator. 40 years of memories.
    Wow!!  What amazing experiences, thank you for helping us reach the stars.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Thought of @Ozzie_Isaac when I stumbled upon these in my parts collection tonight, trouble is I forgot about them when I needed one earlier in the summer  :)
    Paid peanuts for all three sets from a clearance warehouse!

That is where they all have gone!

i wonder what really happened to these parts or have the cheap as seen on tv hoses just taken over.  i wasted a few hours looking for connectors last spring and ended up splicing an old hose on to what i had. sometimes its good not to throw some things away.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - I was home instead of at work that day. The previous day was bitterly cold with a strong breeze off the ocean and I got sick. Heard the launch and explosion from my house. 
    Here is a photo of some of the memorabilia we were given. The cloth patch on the booklet was the last one we received. The booklet contains photos and names of the people in each group at KSC. Some of us were reporting to two departments as the program was winding down, so wound up in two photos in the booklet.

My group was Launch Processing Systems so we not only installed and upgraded the Firing Room systems but our equipment was also in Room 4R10 (the USAF set),  in the crawlers, under the launch pads, on the launch towers, and in the Orbiter Functional Simulator on the Air Force side, where I met Ellison Onizuka and Ron McNair when they needed to train on the simulator. 40 years of memories.
     Wry Cool!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    SamIAm2 said:

I have one of those flags that flew on the Shuttle (on the right), worked at Thiokol for two years.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,949
    Botch said:
    SamIAm2 said:

I have one of those flags that flew on the Shuttle (on the right), worked at Thiokol for two years.  
    @Botch - Was that in 1989 after Morton Thiokol became two separate companies?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Wire transferring money to Japan. Our line has arrived in the Port of Los Angeles and is ready to be shipped 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    Thought of @Ozzie_Isaac when I stumbled upon these in my parts collection tonight, trouble is I forgot about them when I needed one earlier in the summer  :)

i wonder what really happened to these parts or have the cheap as seen on tv hoses just taken over.  i wasted a few hours looking for connectors last spring and ended up splicing an old hose on to what i had. sometimes its good not to throw some things away.....
    These were from Amazon returns, IIRC $1 or $3 for the whole lot!
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233

These were from Amazon returns, IIRC $1 or $3 for the whole lot!

was a simpler life when it happened on a saturday and the parts were in the old hardware store/ the new hardware store/ the homedepot-lowes box store. going to put the boat in......no....next week or the week after, after i place an order and wait a week for two for delivery......was at the point to grab the neighbors off the side of their house =) surveillance cameras, another pet peeve......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Botch - Was that in 1989 after Morton Thiokol became two separate companies?
    '97-'99, right before they became ATK (and according to Wikipedia they are now part of Northrop-Grumman, who also built a huge complex on Hill AFB to develop Minuteman IV, which then became GBSD (Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent), which then became Sentinel).
    It's hard to keep up after you retire...   :|  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 421
    Just got flu, RSV and Covid vaccinations. All on the same arm. We'll see how this goes.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,061
    lkapigian said:
    First offset I’ve ever seen in Cabo , a 500 CamelBack out of Phoenix 

I'm really surprised they didn't just macguyver one. Is this for a restaurant or ?
    Not a felon
  • lkapigian
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:
    First offset I’ve ever seen in Cabo , a 500 CamelBack out of Phoenix 

I'm really surprised they didn't just macguyver one. Is this for a restaurant or ?
    @Legume yes it’s at a restaurant on the Marina , I’ve seen a few bbq places over the years here but they don’t last.
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Digging the tandoor like pot in the bottom left.
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    Digging the tandoor like pot in the bottom left.
    I’ll have to go back by and get a picture of that 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,604
    With all that fresh caught fish I would be surprised if Q gained much traction there.  
    Try to catch the owner for his market insights. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    With all that fresh caught fish I would be surprised if Q gained much traction there.  
     I just figured Larry travels with that thing. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Eating bar food.  Pretty good too.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    lousubcap said:
     I just figured Larry travels with that thing. 
    That'd be hard to get into a standard King Air.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 421
    Corv said:
    Just got flu, RSV and Covid vaccinations. All on the same arm. We'll see how this goes.

Minor muscle soreness in the evening and overnight. No big deal at all.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Canugghead
    @lkapigian appreciate the follow up, looks cute. That grid is well used/abused.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    3hr delay.  Cider & salad for next few hours.  Not much of a lounge, but it will do.

• @Ozzie_Isaac

I have family members who would greatly appreciate that spread… Cider for wifey (dry is best) and pesto pasta for the kids.
  • @Eggpharmer

The mahogany sheen on those wings takes my breath away!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lkapigian
    Sin of a B!tch , Agian 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,949
    @Ikapigian - Take a look at Windy.com (https://www.windy.com/?2023102700,22.786,-97.064,6). The second one forming on Sunday 22nd may be more of a problem for you. Get prepared now.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lkapigian
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Ikapigian - Take a look at Windy.com (https://www.windy.com/?2023102700,22.786,-97.064,6). The second one forming on Sunday 22nd may be more of a problem for you. Get prepared now.
    We decided to head back Thursday, cut the trip way short but better safe 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian