Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    dbCooper said:

I'm actually more interested in how that passenger-side of the rear bumper step got bent to 35, 40˚ !  She doesn't look that heavy...

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    edited October 2023
    American Airlines kept pushing my flight.  Now 4 hrs late.  Gate lady said if they push it past midnight, the Austin airport shuts down and your flight will be tomorrow.

Thankfully Southwest has a flight boarding in 20 minutes.  So Ima head home on Southwest.  Apparently its like getting on a school bus.  We all que up and race for seats?  I thought I was in B23.  I was like, damn, how wide is this plane?  Then she explained to me how it works.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• American Airlines kept pushing my flight.  Now 4 hrs late.  Gate lady said if they push it past midnight, the Austin airport shuts down and your flight will be tomorrow.

Thankfully Southwest has a flight boarding in 20 minutes.  So Ima head home on Southwest.  Apparently its like getting on a school bus.  We all que up and race for seats?  I thought I was in B23.  I was like, damn, how wide is this plane?  Then she explained to me how it works.
    Wait… you’ve never flown on Southwest before?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    American Airlines kept pushing my flight.  Now 4 hrs late.  Gate lady said if they push it past midnight, the Austin airport shuts down and your flight will be tomorrow.

Wait… you’ve never flown on Southwest before?
    Years ago, but apparently I wiped the experience from my memory banks.  They had a Southwest Reward number, but it was last used in 2006.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    Just watched an episode of Naked Attraction on HBO Max.  :o
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    I think I did this wrong.  Only 2 people behind me in line to board.

• I think I did this wrong.  Only 2 people behind me in line to board.
    That sounds pretty right to me. After all, who likes people?
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    The rest are already on the plane?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    That sounds pretty right to me. After all, who likes people?
    The two behind didn't bother me.  It is the 140 in front that do.  Wonder how many fit on a 737-700 in Southwest Livery?

• Ozzie_Isaac
    How does Southwest identify people in an accident?  Watching Air Disasters they always link people to tickets to specific seats.

• How does Southwest identify people in an accident?  Watching Air Disasters they always link people to tickets to specific seats.
    Just be honest when they ask how much you weigh.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• How does Southwest identify people in an accident?  Watching Air Disasters they always link people to tickets to specific seats.
    Dental records often play a role, so hope yours are up to date! 😊

Weird segway, but for anyone not familiar with the story of this plane crash survivor, it is pretty incredible. All things considered, her injuries sound amazingly minor. 

• Botch
    ColtsFan said:
    Just watched an episode of Naked Attraction on HBO Max.  :o

I don't get HBO Max, but saw an article about NA on a "covert" ewetube and watched one episode.  Egads; again I'm glad I have no children and will be dead soon.   :o  

• For the uninitiated, as I was, here is the description of Naked Attraction, labelled a “social experiment”. From the network:

“Anna Richardson presents `Naked Attraction', a dating show that begins where some dates may end: naked. Singletons get up close and personal as they meet for the first time in their birthday suits, stripped of all clothes, make-up and status symbols. This social experiment is inspired by evolutionary science, where it is believed that in the past people selected mates based on physical appearance. Contestants get in touch with their primal instincts as they narrow down their potential match from a group of six nude hopefuls.”
    Dental records often play a role, so hope yours are up to date! 😊

Weird segway, but for anyone not familiar with the story of this plane crash survivor, it is pretty incredible. All things considered, her injuries sound amazingly minor. 

Jaysus!
  • By the way @GrateEggspectations it’s been a while since I’ve seen a “weird segway” but your comment did bring this to mind:

• @JohnInCarolina

Incredible as a Halloween costume!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    If you were B23 and there were only 2 people behind you, that probably means the plane was only 2/3 full.

For those who don't fly Southwest regularly their process is a bit unnerving.  For those that do, many of us learn to like it better than any other airline because they do many things better than the other airlines.  Also, when you fly with them enough and get preferential boarding positions, you can get an exit row seat 90% of the time and when you are 6'6" that's highly desirable.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    If you were B23 and there were only 2 people behind you, that probably means the plane was only 2/3 full.

For those who don't fly Southwest regularly their process is a bit unnerving.  For those that do, many of us learn to like it better than any other airline because they do many things better than the other airlines.  Also, when you fly with them enough and get preferential boarding positions, you can get an exit row seat 90% of the time and when you are 6'6" that's highly desirable.

Swmbo has the app. Apparently 24hrs before boarding you can check in and pick your boarding position, first come first serve of course. So far she has managed to keep us in the first boarding and in a exit row.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,604
    @frazzdaddy - way to surface.  Welcome back.  The more things change, the more they remain the same around here.
    I fly Southwest a fair amount as I can get to my final destination non-stop in most cases.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    lousubcap said:
    @frazzdaddy - way to surface.  Welcome back.  The more things change, the more they remain the same around here.
    I fly Southwest a fair amount as I can get to my final destination non-stop in most cases.  
    Hey Cap, thought I would pop in see what’s up. Lots going on at Two Rivers Farm. Lost little over 40lbs. Dr put me on the Kim Kardashian celebrity weight loss plan ( Ozempic) so the BGE has been dormant for a bit. You do not care anything about food anymore at all. For a guy like me that used to wake up planning dinner , it was quite the adjustment. Retirement is good , keeping busy with projects. Doing swmbos bidding. Livn the dream. 

How’s life in the land of fine bourbon and whiskey?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,604
    Sounds like Ozempic is gonna alter the fast food industry in short order. Way to lose the weight however you made it happen.  Sounds like you landed in a great place.
    Life in brown water country is pretty much SOSDD (Same Ol $hit, Different Day) and bourbon is scarce as ever when in proximity to the epicenter.  But there are worse issues.
    Looking to roll a forum zoom shortly before the end of the year.  Plan on it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    lousubcap said:
    Sounds like Ozempic is gonna alter the fast food industry in short order. Way to lose the weight however you made it happen.  Sounds like you landed in a great place.
    Life in brown water country is pretty much SOSDD (Same Ol $hit, Different Day) and bourbon is scarce as ever when in proximity to the epicenter.  But there are worse issues.
    Looking to roll a forum zoom shortly before the end of the year.  Plan on it.
    I will sir.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Our favourite rice cooker just died, took it apart and found the well concealed fuse.

Control panel seems to work with temporary jumper wire, hopefully it's the sole culprit and I didn't mess up the alignment of the spring loaded bottom 'bouncy knob'.

I feel like dismantling and fixing broken IPs and rice cookers is your true calling. Be careful how much prowess you demonstrate here - you are not so far that I wouldn’t consider threatening to ship you a defective unit for repair.
  • Botch
    edited October 2023
    "Spring-loaded Bouncy Bottoms" WBAGNFARB.  

EDIT:  And PM me for the greatest of all Time artwork for their debut album!   =)  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    edited October 2023
    @GrateEggspectations haha, add garage door opener and bread maker to the list  :) Learned something new, it's a thermal cutoff fuse rated at 157C, essentially a built in thermostat. Sold in packs of ten on amazoid. Too cheap a## to buy a new one.
    Edit: got to love amazoid, arriving tomorrow.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    @Botch I'll send you a gif after I reassembled it, lol
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    @GrateEggspectations haha, add garage door opener and bread maker to the list  :) Learned something new, it's a thermal cutoff fuse rated at 157C, essentially a built in thermostat. Sold in packs of ten on amazoid. Too cheap a## to buy a new one.
    Edit: got to love amazoid, arriving tomorrow.

i hate those things, put an automatic torch on a manual plasma cutter lately and they put one inside each power pack coil, hidden and not removable. limits me to 6 minutes every 10.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Doesn’t look like much , but it’s already approaching the retaining wall , still a few hundred miles away, leaning in a few hours 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian