Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Celebrating.  Episodes of Anthony Bourdain's old PBS Series Mind of a Chef are slowly getting uploaded to EweTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXHQokh4rfo

:)   

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Looking at some investment properties...the drug paraphernalia and miscellaneous damage was not in the listing photos ..... Listing Agent also said "be careful, we have had squatters"

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Looking at some investment properties...the drug paraphernalia and miscellaneous damage was not in the listing photos ..... Listing Agent also said "be careful, we have had squatters"

I run from those cast iron pipes!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Looking at some investment properties...the drug paraphernalia and miscellaneous damage was not in the listing photos ..... Listing Agent also said "be careful, we have had squatters"

They already rerouted past some of them.  Just ran a PVC pipe right along the outside of porch.  This is a 4 unit complex that definitely has solid ARV.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    @JohnInCarolina , how’d the pork butt turn out? 
  • Dyal_SC said:
    @JohnInCarolina , how’d the pork butt turn out? 
    Great.  It has been a while since I’ve done a butt on the Egg.  Easy to forget just how well they turn out.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    Agreed. Sometimes it’s rewarding to go back to the basics and not overcomplicate. I’m sure your students/mentees enjoyed it. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502

That is a lot of, presumably, heroin on that foil. Also, that is a lot of foil. Local patrol unit that is worth a **** might like a tip on that place. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023

That is a lot of, presumably, heroin on that foil. Also, that is a lot of foil. Local patrol unit that is worth a **** might like a tip on that place. 
    City this was in, LEO only shows up for a murder or occasional barricaded subject.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Foghorn said:

Thanks for that.  However, I don't think Brighton will put one in the net against City.  And while I would love to see Luton do well and become a Premier League fixture for a few years, I'm not optimistic.  My college roommate spent some of his youth in Luton while his father played for their reserve team.
    This is not the launch of a new post script series of posts, but what an excoriating experience yesterday's results were.  At least the fetid filthy Seagulls lost.
    1) the cricket was that when truth was told and former glories & hype were smashed
    2) the rugby was painful, I got worried when the England coach was smiling at the mid-point of the second half while SA focussed.
    3) PL round up; Palace were on to a loser - but 4, really?  Burnley had their backsides delivered - long season incoming, Bournemouth should be getting more and more nervous, and I did not see Arsenal having to recover to draw with the Chels' 

Oh, and guess what JV has won yet another race down at COTA, and will do the same in a few hours, unless he suddenly goes all pro-Greta and decides to set-up a polar bear sanctuary instead.  

It's time like this I should have paid more attention to physics, computers, the performing arts or Dungeons & Dragons and not let sport lure me in. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766

They already rerouted past some of them.  Just ran a PVC pipe right along the outside of porch.  This is a 4 unit complex that definitely has solid ARV.
    Living in AZ, why would you wanna mess with rental properties in TX? You’d more than likely pay a mgmt fee to someone. Is the juice worth the squeeze? These LTR or STR opportunities? 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,725
    @CPFC1905 😂

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Oh how we laughed.  
    But what would you say to a student if they had copied someone else's work and presented as their own? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Looking at some investment properties...the drug paraphernalia and miscellaneous damage was not in the listing photos ..... Listing Agent also said "be careful, we have had squatters"

is the foil not reusable? it seems wasteful
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    edited October 2023
    Riding a commuter train from Boston to Hingham to visit my b-i-l and his wife for the day while I have a break from a meeting in Boston.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    Ribs on. Chicken later

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023

is the foil not reusable? it seems wasteful
    Maybe the save it to wrap their brisket in?

@ColbyLang this was in AZ, however, I would take investment properties anywhere if the ROI is good.  Right now, most things aren't making sense though.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    lkapigian said:
    Some Ribs 

And Rib Trimmings Sausage 

Are you going to eat those sausages the long way? Asking fur Beulah.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Ybabpmuts said:
    lkapigian said:
    Some Ribs 

And Rib Trimmings Sausage 

Are you going to eat those sausages the long way? Asking fur Beulah.
    Yes, but all I can handle is lower left #2
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    edited October 2023
    Botch said:
    "Spring-loaded Bouncy Bottoms" WBAGNFARB.  

EDIT:  And PM me for the greatest of all Time artwork for their debut album!   =)  
    Here you go, the bouncy bottom knob that conceals the fuse

canuckland
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,206
    edited October 2023
    Stopped and watched this guy for 10 minutes eating saplings. Not a care in the world even when the dog barked and in the middle of hunting season
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Canugghead said:
    Our favourite rice cooker just died, took it apart and found the well concealed fuse.

Control panel seems to work with temporary jumper wire, hopefully it's the sole culprit and I didn't mess up the alignment of the spring loaded bottom 'bouncy knob'.

Darn amazoid, what was supposedly overnight delivery turned out to be one month out coming from overseas. Anyway, cancelled and reordered from different supplier at over double the price and got the goods (thermal cutoff fuse) overnight.

swmbo happy again!
    Pretty impressive to have an 18 year old rice cooker still in regular rotation.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    edited October 2023
    @Ozzie_Isaac haha, and exact match replacement fuse, guess the design stood the test of time.
    Edit:
    Sounds like you owned one like this? Actually 18 yo is a baby, one of our other two larger rice cookers is over 30 yo but not used as frequently.

canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    My wheel somehow managed to come apart on my sprayer and the switch to the sprayer caught fire seconds later. 

I'm glad I took the air hose and blew off the tractor last night when I removed the deck to clean it. The flame was pretty good coming from the switch. I'd like to switch spots with @bubbajack right now....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,634
    WeberWho said:
    My wheel somehow managed to come apart on my sprayer and the switch to the sprayer caught fire seconds later. 

I'm glad I took the air hose and blew off the tractor last night when I removed the deck to clean it. The flame was pretty good coming from the switch. I'd like to switch spots with @bubbajack right now....
    Was it you that was working on a deck project? You found an Indian burial ground underneath? Maybe that wasn't you... Whoever it was how's the deck coming? Or was it a patio?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    poster said:
    Stopped and watched this guy for 10 minutes eating saplings. Not a care in the world even when the dog barked and in the middle of hunting season
    My last dog was attacked by one, don't know how he didn't get stomped into the ground.  He just shut his eyes and frozen while the hoofs rained down
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it