Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    Read that David Kirke died in his sleep.  One of the founders of Dangerous Sports Club...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    My wheel somehow managed to come apart on my sprayer and the switch to the sprayer caught fire seconds later. 

I'm glad I took the air hose and blew off the tractor last night when I removed the deck to clean it. The flame was pretty good coming from the switch. I'd like to switch spots with @bubbajack right now....
    Was it you that was working on a deck project? You found an Indian burial ground underneath? Maybe that wasn't you... Whoever it was how's the deck coming? Or was it a patio?

Thanks for asking. Yeah, it's been non-stop prepping for a 5.5' x 20' sidewalk and a 14 x 28' patio. Literally almost every minute of my free time outside of work since the weekend after 4th of July. We had a guy come out the other day who did my parents patio last year. Waiting to hear back on the bid and if he'll have time this fall yet. All they will need to do is pour, finish, and cut. Pretty much everything is set for them to come in and pour minus the rebar as we won't cut and set into place until we get confirmation of a date. Otherwise we will tarp until spring. I was small talking with a contractor at Menards the other day when I was loading rebar onto my trailer and he mentioned most guys/gals who are any good at cement work are booked through May/June of next year. So I'm hoping the guy that did my parents patio and worked along with my Uncle's construction business for 20+ years will do me a solid. It would be nice to get it done this fall yet. The deck will be next summer. 

I cleaned up the KBQ this afternoon before it goes and hibernates in the shed for the winter. It only saw one weekend of use this whole summer. What a waste. I just haven't had the time. The BGE saw weekly use but just as a grill. I'm actually somewhat looking to this winter where I'll actually have time to Q!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    dbCooper said:
    Read that David Kirke died in his sleep.  One of the founders of Dangerous Sports Club...

I think I would have liked this fellow ....

“It was amazing. We were standing at the top of the home of the Gods and as I flew down I asked myself, ‘Is this better than sex?’ It possibly is but may not be quite as good as the best passage in a Joseph Conrad novel’.”

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Cowboy Kent Rollins is a genius.

• PSA - As temps get colder, don’t forget to run those small engines (e.g., snowblowers, generators, etc.) to make sure they’re in good health when you need them. 
  • PSA - As temps get colder, don’t forget to run those small engines (e.g., snowblowers, generators, etc.) to make sure they’re in good health when you need them. 
    < laughs in North Carolinian >
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,206
    poster said:
    Stopped and watched this guy for 10 minutes eating saplings. Not a care in the world even when the dog barked and in the middle of hunting season
    My last dog was attacked by one, don't know how he didn't get stomped into the ground.  He just shut his eyes and frozen while the hoofs rained down
    I was in my truck with the dog. No way I would get that close without some steel around me, especially this time of year. I have heard way too many stories like yours, even about the odd truck getting rammed.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    poster said:
    poster said:
    Stopped and watched this guy for 10 minutes eating saplings. Not a care in the world even when the dog barked and in the middle of hunting season
    My last dog was attacked by one, don't know how he didn't get stomped into the ground.  He just shut his eyes and frozen while the hoofs rained down
    I was in my truck with the dog. No way I would get that close without some steel around me, especially this time of year. I have heard way too many stories like yours, even about the odd truck getting rammed.

this one joined the party, had maybe 30/40 people in the yard. it walked from the back of  the house unseen, then came around. everyone looked up and the moose saw the dog and pounced.  most i could do was yell and throw a chair. as it took off across the river my britt turned tough for the chase.....fall is a bad time to run into a moose in rut
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Nothing gets you going faster than having a 1,500 moose decide it has a problem with you.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    PSA - As temps get colder, don’t forget to run those small engines (e.g., snowblowers, generators, etc.) to make sure they’re in good health when you need them. 
    Have to confess several of our smoke only detectors have been missing for a while, the couple of CO only plug-in ones are near end of life  :) In the process of installing a bunch of Zwave First Alert Smoke+CO detectors that connect with the RING alarm system.
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    edited October 2023
    Nothing gets you going faster than having a 1,500 moose decide it has a problem with you.

ive only come across one big old bullwinkle. i was out in a pond in a float tube early in the morning, i smacked my flyrod into the water and yelled at him, get off my lake, youre ruining the view. well that pissed him off.......ive been a in a float tube afew miles offshore fly fishing in a feeding drift line with angry seals down below my feet and popping up yelling, the moose was a little more scary tearing up a bog infront of me....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Nothing gets you going faster than having a 1,500 moose decide it has a problem with you.

ive only come across one big old bullwinkle. i was out in a pond in a float tube early in the morning, i smacked my flyrod into the water and yelled at him, get off my lake, youre ruining the view. well that pissed him off.......ive been a in a float tube afew miles offshore fly fishing in a feeding drift line with angry seals down below my feet and popping up yelling, the moose was a little more scary tearing up a bog infront of me....
    When the ears go back **** gets interesting lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    I have only seen one moose in real life.  Was fishing on a pond at a bombing range in Alaska.  I didn't know anything about them, he walked right into the pond, all I could see was a pair of nostrils right at the waterline and he came all the way across.  Came up on the bank by me.  I hightailed it onto the other side of my rental F250.  It did not feel like near enough steel between us.  He eventually just wondered off.  I didn't have any real appreciation for just how big they are.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,637
    What odd is that killer whales eat moose. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    Manningcast for tonight's NFL game.  I am disappointed that Aaron  Rodgers is gonna be a guest.  He needs to be relegated to silence on the air waves until he plays football.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Manningcast for tonight's NFL game.  I am disappointed that Aaron  Rodgers is gonna be a guest.  He needs to be relegated to silence on the air waves until he plays football.  
    I thought that Ridgers fella was picked up by another 3rd rate team so he could pad his retirement.  Did he get cutski'd already?

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    What odd is that killer whales eat moose. 
    I’ve seen it. It’s true. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    A good day got even better...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lousubcap said:
    I thought that Ridgers fella was picked up by another 3rd rate team so he could pad his retirement.  Did he get cutski'd already?
    No, he tore his Achilles like three plays into the season. By all accounts his rehab is progressing at an abnormally fast rate. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    @dbCooper Got mine a few weeks ago and am now running on an allocation to just to extend the treat.  Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Made cottage pie for dinner.

I so want to pull this off 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:
    Made cottage pie for dinner.

I so want to pull this off 
    Haha!  I must be misunderstanding your comment, I am pretty sure at 4 years old you were making harder dishes than this.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    Not a lot of clearance on that tongue jack

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    shtgunal3 said:
    Not a lot of clearance on that tongue jack
    Pretty sure that is all that is saving the truck from complete failure.

• I’m betting the guy driving that F150 has made other dumb choices this week. This is not a one off bad decision. 
    Snellville, GA

• I’m betting the guy driving that F150 has made other dumb choices this week. This is not a one off bad decision. 
    Easy money!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Got home around an hour ago and enjoying a bourbon.  Flight delayed 4 1/2 hours out of Houston (Hobby airport) due to two private planes clipping wings at the two runway intersection, thus ground stopping the entire operation.  And what made it more painful was my flight had backed away from the gate and was about to head for the takeoff queue.  At least we pulled back to the gate (after an hour plus of sitting there).  The captain was effectively a " no show" letting the ground staff come on the plane and provide updates.  He failed the "When in charge, be in charge" role of his position. 
    Interesting bit of "no one wants to make a decision" observation:  The standard line was "at least a two hour delay" so I asked several airport personnel and the flight captain "What time did the two hour clock start?"  No answer...