Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    @Battleborn - Condolences to you and your family.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Dyal_SC said:
    Another year around the sun today.  The Mrs. asked what I wanted and so I said a little alone tv time and junk food. Just got up from my slumber of leftover shrimp tacos, pizza, Halloween candy, Coke Zero (gotta keep it healthy) and catching up on “Upload.”  Family back home now so reality kicks back in. *stretch* *burp* *scratch*

I am curious to know what the rest of that chair looks like.  Is it a theater chair?  I've only seen upholstery like that in a car.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    @Dyal_SC - congrats on another lap of the sun.  Looks like you were well treated and enjoyed your day.  Always appreciate the day and those who want to celebrate with you.  It never gets old except the main character.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    You’re absolutely right, @lousubcap .  :) And thanks! Aged 42 years with two 4 year old ridiculously strong/energetic bam bams causes havoc on the ol’ joints, but wouldn’t trade it for the world. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,634
    @Battleborn

So sorry for your loss. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    I’m sorry for your losses, @Battleborn .  But the most beautiful chapter I’ve ever heard. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Dyal_SC said:
    You’re absolutely right, @lousubcap .  :) And thanks! Aged 42 years with two 4 year old ridiculously strong/energetic bam bams causes havoc on the ol’ joints, but wouldn’t trade it for the world. 
    42 myself with a 6 and an 8. Shoulda had kids at 25, not 35…..happy birthday!!
  • Just another day at the rock pile…

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Dyal_SC said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac , it’s the rooms to go special for the room above the garage. Nothing fancy, but has heat, air massage and movie lighting. Only got the single recliner, but it comes in a set. Kids have taken it over but I get to use it after they go to sleep. Lol 

That is pretty sweet!  I see why it's the go-to lounging spot, especially with heat & massage.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    dug up a grey water pit for the washer machine. no longer draining enough. anyone ever put something in like a caustic lye, etc. and got one working again. its a simple barrel over stone system next to the real septic leach field
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    dug up a grey water pit for the washer machine. no longer draining enough. anyone ever put something in like a caustic lye, etc. and got one working again. its a simple barrel over stone system next to the real septic leach field
    Usually move and redig.  I bet fabric has packed into all the little spaces and doesn't allow proper draining.  Maybe just churn it up?

• fishlessman
    Usually move and redig.  I bet fabric has packed into all the little spaces and doesn't allow proper draining.  Maybe just churn it up?

was thinking a pressure washer wand and turning it up might help. legally i can do that, moving it would be a night job with conservation rules. if the main leach system goes im looking at a pump out tank to keep things legal.....maybe turn it up, pressure washer, then the caustic for a few weeks....repeat.  a backhoe for a few hours and maybe call it a  new stone feature..........put a bbq over it
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

was thinking a pressure washer wand and turning it up might help. legally i can do that, moving it would be a night job with conservation rules. if the main leach system goes im looking at a pump out tank to keep things legal.....maybe turn it up, pressure washer, then the caustic for a few weeks....repeat.  a backhoe for a few hours and maybe call it a  new stone feature..........put a bbq over it
    Dig a new hole, then fill in new hole with packed up washer dirt.  Then backfill washer hole with the clean material?

• lousubcap
    @ColbyLang -  gonna be slicker than sliced bread!🍞
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 160
    If there’s anyway to get some of the debris or deposits, put them in caustic and bleach solutions and see what best solubilizes. My bet is the bleach will be best 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    edited October 2023
    Peter Sinks, UT hit -24˚ F last night (-31˚ C).  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang -  gonna be slicker than sliced bread!🍞
    Greatest invention since sliced bread 🤔

• Hustling at bingo.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    I'll take that bet!
  • @fishlessman run a French drain beside it to help with your *yard drainage*.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,634
    Can you just plumb the washer drain line to the same drain line you are using for..... THE BIDET?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    kl8ton said:
    Can you just plumb the washer drain line to the same drain line you are using for..... THE BIDET?

somehow the water district authority would have something to say about the 2 hopper outhouse  having bidets installed =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    @fishlessman run a French drain beside it to help with your *yard drainage*.

they dont want drainage going into the lake, they dont want anything on the lake.  im going to wait a few weeks til its cold enough that the neighbors have the houses shut down, storms up etc then decide what to do. might dig a hole 20 or so  feet away and see where the ground water level really is right now
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    just dug a red hot piece of stainless out of my eyeball, not as much blood as i would have thought. not much help with the pharmacy, told to get the cash register girl to help reading labels and find the eyewash

fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Yikes!  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• fishlessman
    Botch said:
    Yikes!  

im thinking....lucky.  just a little more over to the left
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    Damn!
    canuckland