Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    kl8ton said:
    Watching the World Series.  Yes, there is at least one of us.
    I'm watching!  There's 2!
    Make it 3. Very one sided at this point.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Watching the World Series.  Yes, there is at least one of us.
    Update: I am no longer watching the World Series.  I have switched to Magnum PI reruns.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,634
    This is brutal.
    I'm enjoying. 😁

Sherzer was one of my favorite tigers.... And Texas has never won it....

One of my boys is rooting for AZ so that makes it fun too.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    shtgunal3 said:
    kl8ton said:
    For me, an event of importance, so mark me down.  Go National League!  Dagger is still in my heart from the NL removing pitchers from the batting rotation.  Real baseball should have nine players, not ten.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    dbCooper said:
    shtgunal3 said:
    kl8ton said:
    For me, an event of importance, so mark me down.  Go National League!  Dagger is still in my heart from the NL removing pitchers from the batting rotation.  Real baseball should have nine players, not ten.

At this point I really don’t have a dog in the fight as I am a Braves fan. I have also always been a Red Sox fan but first and foremost I am a baseball fan so I will watch no matter who is playing.  Id rather not have the DH as it pretty much took “small ball” away. I also do not look forward to the “electronic” strike zone. I guess I am an old school baseball purist. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    shtgunal3 said:
    dbCooper said:
    shtgunal3 said:
    kl8ton said:

At this point I really don’t have a dog in the fight as I am a Braves fan. I have also always been a Red Sox fan but first and foremost I am a baseball fan so I will watch no matter who is playing.  Id rather not have the DH as it pretty much took “small ball” away. I also do not look forward to the “electronic” strike zone. I guess I am an old school baseball purist. 
    I’m generally in the camp of having an umpire call balls and strikes, but some of these umps are so inconsistent with their zones it is frustrating. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,061
    I'm rooting for Bochy.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    just dug a red hot piece of stainless out of my eyeball, not as much blood as i would have thought. not much help with the pharmacy, told to get the cash register girl to help reading labels and find the eyewash

Hello OSHA, I’d like to make a report. 

that would just cost me more money
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • just dug a red hot piece of stainless out of my eyeball, not as much blood as i would have thought. not much help with the pharmacy, told to get the cash register girl to help reading labels and find the eyewash

Eye suspect you’re right.
  • fishlessman
    theres a world series this year.  is it pickleball, is that what they call it, a world series. hs here just put in a 4.2 million dollar pickleball court, im not sure why thats even possible other than the town had EXTRA money. honestly have not heard one person talk about the world series this year til i heard it on a bbq forum.......
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Bidding on bourbon bottles overseas. Damn auctions!!!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    just dug a red hot piece of stainless out of my eyeball, not as much blood as i would have thought. not much help with the pharmacy, told to get the cash register girl to help reading labels and find the eyewash

Eye see what you did there.
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066

Eye see what you did there.
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fukahwee maine

• loved watching Hogan’s Heroes back in the day
  • fishlessman
    loved watching Hogan’s Heroes back in the day

found this today, probably drove past it 50 times over the years. just north of....get this.....berlin

May be an image of text

fukahwee maine

• just dug a red hot piece of stainless out of my eyeball, not as much blood as i would have thought. not much help with the pharmacy, told to get the cash register girl to help reading labels and find the eyewash

Even your pupils could recognize that this joke is cornea. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,167
    edited November 2023

Even your pupils could recognize that this joke is cornea. 

• Thankfully, manually resizing gifs does work.  A PITA and can only be done in desktop mode but… it can be done.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,634
    Watching the last game of the world series.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    edited November 2023
    kl8ton said:
    Watching the last game of the world series.
    Wait for the conspiracy 

edit : maybe not lol
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Shopping insurance. Vehicles, personal umbrella and homeowners all canceled cus Farmer’s is pulling out of Louisiana 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    edited November 2023
    ColbyLang said:
    Shopping insurance. Vehicles, personal umbrella and homeowners all canceled cus Farmer’s is pulling out of Louisiana 
    No wonder insurance companies squeal when you hit them with a legitimate claim.  They are not there for you but the shareholders.  Always remember that when the P&L gets flipped for an undetermined period of  time, they will cut their regional losses and run. 
    Always remember we, the consumer live at the bottom of the corporate food-chain.  And the trend is only getting worse. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  •  Insurance companies are also fleeing California. I guess they all figure the Midwest can support them all.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    ColbyLang said:
    Just got done doing that.  Added another teenage driver, and my broker found a package that actually had my rates decrease!

Also I needed to get flood insurance.  Yes, flood insurance in the desert is a thing.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    ColbyLang said:
    Just got done doing that.  Added another teenage driver, and my broker found a package that actually had my rates decrease!

Also I needed to get flood insurance.  Yes, flood insurance in the desert is a thing.
    Your house built in an arroyo?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

OK lads, time’s tight so we can’t be messing about this week.  Just to bring you up to speed, various teams got various results last weekend. Google it.  And Man Utd are starting to enjoy punching themselves in the face. Speaking of which..

Saturday 

Fulham v Man Utd, even a hit and miss Fulham will be a tough test for Utd right now, and the hosts are flushed with a draw against the wretched, fetid, filthy Seagulls.  2-1

Brentford v West Ham, tough tie for the Hammers usually, and given their opposing outcomes last weekend the Bees will be full or pep and vigour. 2-2 feels about right to me.

Burnley v Palace, OK Spurs and Toon out of the way (for now) for the mighty Eagles and a glorious opportunity to disgrace ourselves at the struggling Clarets. Roy will very much not want a third straight defeat, which may mean 0-0 but really? So am going against the grain here with 0-1

Everton v Brighton, the Toffees delivered an almighty shellacking to the rotten stinky Seagulls in May and I would pay up to three British pounds to see the same again.  And whilst I don’t want Everton to improve, seeing the puppets of the fourth estate tumble is just too tantalising. 1-0

Man City v Bournemouth, 3-0

Sheffield Utd v Wolves, the Old Gold are on a roll.  The Blades are very much not.  0-2

Newcastle v Arsenal, game of the weekend.  Toon have some injuries and the Gunners are in solid, consistent form.  Should be entertaining,  pretty tough to call. 1-2.

Sunday

Forest v Villa, the hosts are not in crisis but are finding things very tough right now so a visit from a vibrant Villa is distinctly sub-optimal. A utilitarian 0-2 is on the cards.

Luton v Liverpool, would have been a great game in the early 80’s but the passage of time has been tough for the Hatters - despite being back in the PL.  They are out of their depth and will get tanked again. 0-4

Monday

Spurs v Chelsea, usually a spicey and tight contest but The Chels’ recent resurgence evaporated last time out against Brentford.  Poch’ to returning his old stomping ground and to mix metaphors, his ex has been on a diet, got a new haircut and is living their best life now. 2-1.

There you go, run this up the flag pole and see who salutes.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:

Nope, but it is in a watershed off some mountains.  We have a few washes that cross the property.  If my house floods the rest of the town is in a world of hurt.  But the insurance man needs his money so he can subsidize the policies in Florida.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:

Nope, but it is in a watershed off some mountains.  We have a few washes that cross the property.  If my house floods the rest of the town is in a world of hurt.  But the insurance man needs his money so he can subsidize the policies in Florida.

my experience is that the flood ins only pays out if you are in florida or new orleans.......my machine shop was turned into an earthen dam once by the state, fish swimming in the building and nothing. took me a month to get back up and running. good thing i had flood ins to pay for florida
    fukahwee maine