Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    @Stormbringer- nailed that cook.  Great $$ shot and flame kissing pic tells the story.  Sweet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,634
    ColbyLang said:

Out with the old. New is “in place”. Plumbing, electrical tomorrow. Fine tune on Monday. Test Tuesday. Full bore Wednesday morning 
    If I remember correctly, this came from Japan?  Did installers come in?  How long do they stay before sign off?  Here's to a smooth transition!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:

Out with the old. New is “in place”. Plumbing, electrical tomorrow. Fine tune on Monday. Test Tuesday. Full bore Wednesday morning 
    If I remember correctly, this came from Japan?  Did installers come in?  How long do they stay before sign off?  Here's to a smooth transition!
    Correct, Japanese. 5 techs are here now. 4 of them are the “setup guys”. Mainly muscle. One is the fine controls guy. 2 more arrive tomorrow when the physical stuff is over. These guys are the “trainers”. 

We don’t think they’ll be here later than Friday seeing how this is just a new version of the same machine my crew has been using. A few things have changed, but not many
  • ColbyLang
    Man, I hate the time change on daylight savings ending. Hard to “gain” an hour when you aren’t that guy that sleeps until the clock goes off. Usually up at 3am without fail. Go ahead and make it 2 lol
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    ColbyLang said:
    Man, I hate the time change on daylight savings ending. Hard to “gain” an hour when you aren’t that guy thons at sleeps until the clock goes off. Usually up at 3am without fail. Go ahead and make it 2 lol
    Fond memories of bakery + time change ... was side hustling at a small bakery across the Pond eons ago when I was a student, this delivery bloke showed up for work two hours early, lol
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    My son was in a BBQ Competition yesterday in Monks Corner SC. 

Bombdiggity, solid work right there !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • @JohnnyTarheel.Solid looking entries.The apple didn’t fall far from the tree 👏👏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    Great work right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    My goodness that looks amazing!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• @JohnnyTarheel great looking food and it probably tasted even better. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    Was just there on Thursday myself, @JohnnyTarheel … looks like he put down a good spread. How’d he do?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    ryantt said:
    Norah earned her first letter for volleyball as a freshman.   We are so proud of her, she’s put in lots of work to get to this point.  

Congratulations Norah!!! 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    @fishlessman - How is the eye coming along?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    dbCooper said:
    @fishlessman - How is the eye coming along?

the red staining is mostly gone, has a slight welding flash feeling (like staring into a solar eclipse) but its getting better.  if its not better by christmas i might talk the doctor into getting an xray.  dont want to find metal in my eyes down the road incase of things like mri's, it doesnt mix well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    My son was in a BBQ Competition yesterday in
    Those are some fine lookin vittles Johnny. Hope you are well. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    ColbyLang said:

Powered up. Celebratory 24oz. Will run bread on it tomorrow 
    Alcohol and machinery, I think OSHA and fish’s eye would like to have a word 😂
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    edited November 2023
    A buddy sent me some photos from some sort of pro game.  He was there testing remote detonation devices.  They say the stadiums provide great real world RF interference type environments to help their testing.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• I hope he didn't explode those players. The have the best outfits I've seen from anybody who posted about a friend who plays with explosive devices. It would be a shame to ruin that.
  • fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:

if you bought a german bread machine the workers would have come with gangboxes full of good beer.
    ;) only problem is that you wont hold up drinking with them as they work assembling the machine
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:

if you bought a german bread machine the workers would have come with gangboxes full of good beer.
    ;) only problem is that you wont hold up drinking with them as they work assembling the machine
    Other line is German lol. These Japanese fellas didn’t want to partake in our consumption last night……
  • fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Other line is German lol. These Japanese fellas didn’t want to partake in our consumption last night……

both cultures are hard working and good with what they do, one of those enjoys themselves. one of my gangboxes was gifted to me at the end of the job, was empty. we had to go to a pub and introduce them to micro beers. they thought we only drank as they say....pisswater. funny crew watching them in action
    fukahwee maine

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    We will keep our Southwest happiness and you can keep you GWN seasonal depression until you give in and open your shed. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• @Battleborn

Like you say, it’s seasonal. Only six short months - eight if you include the touch-and-go fringe months.