Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Shopping insurance. Vehicles, personal umbrella and homeowners all canceled cus Farmer’s is pulling out of Louisiana 
    Just got done doing that.  Added another teenage driver, and my broker found a package that actually had my rates decrease!

Also I needed to get flood insurance.  Yes, flood insurance in the desert is a thing.
    Your house built in an arroyo?

Nope, but it is in a watershed off some mountains.  We have a few washes that cross the property.  If my house floods the rest of the town is in a world of hurt.  But the insurance man needs his money so he can subsidize the policies in Florida.

my experience is that the flood ins only pays out if you are in florida or new orleans.......my machine shop was turned into an earthen dam once by the state, fish swimming in the building and nothing. took me a month to get back up and running. good thing i had flood ins to pay for florida
    Once the fish actually came to me.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    ...But the insurance man needs his money so he can subsidize the policies in Florida.
    Maybe you can get a better deal now, with Farmer's?  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Shopping insurance. Vehicles, personal umbrella and homeowners all canceled cus Farmer’s is pulling out of Louisiana 
    Just got done doing that.  Added another teenage driver, and my broker found a package that actually had my rates decrease!

Also I needed to get flood insurance.  Yes, flood insurance in the desert is a thing.

Nope, but it is in a watershed off some mountains.  We have a few washes that cross the property.  If my house floods the rest of the town is in a world of hurt.  But the insurance man needs his money so he can subsidize the policies in Florida.

my experience is that the flood ins only pays out if you are in florida or new orleans.......my machine shop was turned into an earthen dam once by the state, fish swimming in the building and nothing. took me a month to get back up and running. good thing i had flood ins to pay for florida

maybe you would get more fish if they could hear you. try yelling........
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766

Out of the crates and ready for install. Gonna be a long 4 days. One more 8 hour production run tomorrow morning and out with the old and in with the new 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    @ColbyLang - best of luck with the conversion.  I'm sure the startup challenges can be quickly navigated and there's always bourbon to help! B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    I’ve got 5 technicians on the ground. 2 more arriving Sunday. It made bread in Japan, shouldn’t be an issue here. Fine tuning may take a bit of time and patience. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,058
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:

😂🤣
  • Recovering from yet another surgery. This time on my ankle. My talus bone is dead inside (AVN), so they drilled in through the side of my ankle, cored out all the dead bone,  injected cement into it, drove a type of screw into the hole, then sewed up the hole. This is a new surgeon for me. My old ankle surgeon was content with waiting until the bone was near collapsing, then going in and doing a full replacement. I went for a second opinion with another surgeon. This new Dr is at least trying to prevent the collapse from happening. We'll see how it works. If it prevents my sixth joint operation .,.. well, that would be a nice change. Next, they'll do the same procedure on my other ankle.

Good times indeed. 😬
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    Recovering from yet another surgery. This time on my ankle. My talus bone is dead inside (AVN), so they drilled in through the side of my ankle, cored out all the dead bone,  injected cement into it, drove a type of screw into the hole, then sewed up the hole. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Can the gifs get any smaller? Sheesh.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hah. I'm just glad they can fix this stuff. The sh!ty part was leading up to the operation. I had to go off my remicade, methotrexate, and leucovorin meds for 16 days before and after, surgery (comprise my immune system) so my psoriatic arthritis has been really harsh over the last two weeks. The AVN is systemic in all my.big bones, the PA is in all of my small bones. I hit the bone disease lottery at 43 years old. I always hoped I'd hit the lottery sometime, took me 43 years but I got there 😔
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    It has begun. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 326
    Congratulations!  Pitmaster season now?
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • lousubcap
    Way to go CNG-Congrats.  Now to putting us all in our place with cheffing!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Do you have a iPhone @fishlessman

I use this really cool free app called Video Tachometer dang handy when you are trying to find out how fast something is spinning. Thought of you
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    It has begun. 

Tree went up Nov 1st.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    @lkapigian - great event you are cheffing for today.  Some extremely well cared for rides at that show.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2023
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - great event you are cheffing for today.  Some extremely well cared for rides at that show.  
    Sir, that is an understatement.  I love the California classic low rider car culture.  Some.of those rides are stunning.

• It has begun. 

Tree went up Nov 1st.

You guys are sick!

• Reducing a vat of spaghetti sauce. I almost doubled the recipe, and given I don’t have a pot nearly big enough, it’s a good thing I didn’t. I’m thinking I should get a mega pot from the Costco Business Centre. 

• Battleborn
    It has begun. 

Tree went up Nov 1st.

You guys are sick!

I’m sorry you don’t like happiness and joy. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    It has begun. 

Tree went up Nov 1st.

Ours is going up today. It would have went up on the first, but I refused to dig it out after work on Wednesday. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    ^^^^ Those pics are enough to let me know that they ate very well with top shelf groceries.  Great work, as always.  You will be invited back for next year.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    lousubcap said:
    ^^^^ Those pics are enough to let me know that they ate very well with top shelf groceries.  Great work, as always.  You will be invited back for next year.  
    Thanks @lousubcap
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:
    No real pictures, 90 minutes 30 racks of ribs and 250 Brisket and Pulled Pork Pilaf cups with Tzatziki Sauce , done 

Yeah, nah.  I've had better.
    Btw, You are an ****.