Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @lousubcap that sucks. Glad you made it home safe. Sounds like a well deserved bourbon. Nothing worse than being stuck on a plane that’s not moving and the pilot not communicating. Did they let you off the plane once back at the gate? I’d at least reach out to the carrier and explain what happen and how it was handled. Worse they can do is tell you to take a hike. 

I have flown 90 flights with delta so far this year and have only been delayed (more than 2 hours) 1 time (24 hours at LAC due to pilot shortage) and only had 1 bag lost (taken by another passenger by mistake) and delta compensated me both times very well. Odds are I’m due for some travel experiences like you just went through. 
    Snellville, GA

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,634
    Out of stock at Costco, but considering I paid nearly $1,000 for two pieces, this is kind of a good deal. Only if you would use most of it.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - we were let off the plane and the entire airport was in a holding pattern.  The Departure status boards were useless.  Long after things ground to a halt my flight was still listed as "departed" and then when the flight was moved to a different gate, a good ten minutes before boarding the board listed it as departed. On a side note my first flight of the day to get to Houston exceeded your 2 hour delay.  Quite an adventure but many here (me included) have had much more challenging experiences. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I’d reach out to the airline and see if they will compensate you for the delays. It’s worth a shot. At least you have good bourbon!
    Snellville, GA

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    lousubcap said:
    Got home around an hour ago and enjoying a bourbon.  Flight delayed 4 1/2 hours out of Houston (Hobby airport) due to two private planes clipping wings at the two runway intersection, thus ground stopping the entire operation.  And what made it more painful was my flight had backed away from the gate and was about to head for the takeoff queue.  At least we pulled back to the gate (after an hour plus of sitting there).  The captain was effectively a " no show" letting the ground staff come on the plane and provide updates.  He failed the "When in charge, be in charge" role of his position. 
    Interesting bit of "no one wants to make a decision" observation:  The standard line was "at least a two hour delay" so I asked several airport personnel and the flight captain "What time did the two hour clock start?"  No answer...
    Real ATC on the incident 

https://youtu.be/ANJq5wBaXmE?si=At_Bd8_4znVlwQ95
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Slightly disappointed that gifs now post at a fairly small size when uploaded to the forum.  Strong “frightened turtle” energy.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Slightly disappointed that gifs now post at a fairly small size when uploaded to the forum.  Strong “frightened turtle” energy.
    I noticed that as well
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,837
    edited October 2023
    Slightly disappointed that gifs now post at a fairly small size when uploaded to the forum.  Strong “frightened turtle” energy.

Edit: More impactful with larger size; not unlike the appendage. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    ColtsFan said:
    Just got back in town. Been at a conference for a couple days. Saw a cool drone demo and how AI is being integrated into the energy sector. Oh, and got nominated/voted in as secretary for a statewide IT committee for electric cooperatives. Because I have time for that….lol

These two were the biggest and were rigged up for spraying products. The largest drone could carry a 200lb payload. 

Chem-trail machines!  Sweet!!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    Oil change on the excursion.  Replaced some bulbs in the tail light assembly.  Installed new batteries.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    Oil change on the excursion.  Replaced some bulbs in the tail light assembly.  Installed new batteries.  
    Oof.  Just reminded me, I am almost due for my truck to have the oil filters and fuel filters replaced.  Uugghh.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

FYI : we’re not discussing the cricket,  we can perhaps allude to the rugby, and frankly football is on the naught step at the moment too.   We’re beyond a quarter of the season now and guess what, almost all the PL teams are where they should be.   OK, Spurs being top is a surprise - but they’ll fold sooner or later so business as usual there.  Likewise Luton may have peaked too, being 17th currently.

Friday

Palace v Spurs, well at least it’ll be out of the way. A draw would be epic, but 0-2 is all but certain. 

Saturday

Chelsea v Brentford, west London derby and it seems Chels’ have found their mojo with a ‘winning draw’ against Arsenal last time out and two prior victories. The Bees have been inconsistent at best and although winning this would take them above Chels’, the reality is that the gap will only now grow. 3-0

Arsenal v Sheff Utd, out gunned all season and confronting the Gunners is the last thing the Blades need.  On track for the worst ever start to a PL season, another spanking incoming. 4-0  

Bournemouth v Burnley, 19th host 18th and while both hoped for better, few expected it.  Even a draw for either team will do little to elevate anxiety.  1-0

Wolves v Newcastle, the Old Gold are finding their way to do whatever the heck it is they do. Unbeaten in four including a win over Man City. Toon will present a stiff challenge but I don’t think this has away win stamped on it.  1-1

Sunday

West Ham v Everton, Hammers got nailed by Villa last week and perma-grump Davie Moyes will be distinctly unchuffed by that.  A routine home win should be the order of the day against the struggling Toffees.  2-0

Villa v Luton, 4-0

Brighton v Fulham, one point from three matches for the fetid filthy Seagulls - how is this permissible? Oddly Fulham have the hex over Brighton and so an away win would not go against the grain.  But, you know - it’s all pre-ordained and the media darlings can’t be allowed suffer any indignity, so it’ll be 2-1.

Liverpool v Forest, not a vintage Reds side by any stretch but they are not faking it in 4th. Four draws and a defeat in the last 5 is not awful form for Forest, but it’s not convincing either.  Make that two defats in the last 6 after this.  3-0

Man Utd v Man City, the Manc derby. Neither have drawn a match this season - will it be this one?  Unlikely.  Despite a few misfires recently, City are way better than Utd, and home advantage won’t be enough.  1-2

So; what with all that, the rugby world cup, and the clock going back - it’s a pretty full on weekend, right? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    lkapigian said:

meat sweats..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• I hung out with some guys spraying fungicide on corn with those this summer @ColtsFan. I don't think they are broadly very practical in their current form, but they are another tool in the belt and has applications I am sure.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• You ever change your differential oil @kl8ton ?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:

FYI : we’re not discussing the cricket,  we can perhaps allude to the rugby, and frankly football is on the naught step at the moment too.   We’re beyond a quarter of the season now and guess what, almost all the PL teams are where they should be.   OK, Spurs being top is a surprise - but they’ll fold sooner or later so business as usual there.  Likewise Luton may have peaked too, being 17th currently.

Friday

Palace v Spurs, well at least it’ll be out of the way. A draw would be epic, but 0-2 1-3 is all but certain. 

Saturday

Chelsea v Brentford, west London derby and it seems Chels’ have found their mojo with a ‘winning draw’ against Arsenal last time out and two prior victories. The Bees have been inconsistent at best and although winning this would take them above Chels’, the reality is that the gap will only now grow. 3-0

Arsenal v Sheff Utd, out gunned all season and confronting the Gunners is the last thing the Blades need.  On track for the worst ever start to a PL season, another spanking incoming. 4-0  

Bournemouth v Burnley, 19th host 18th and while both hoped for better, few expected it.  Even a draw for either team will do little to elevate anxiety.  1-0

Wolves v Newcastle, the Old Gold are finding their way to do whatever the heck it is they do. Unbeaten in four including a win over Man City. Toon will present a stiff challenge but I don’t think this has away win stamped on it.  1-1

Sunday

West Ham v Everton, Hammers got nailed by Villa last week and perma-grump Davie Moyes will be distinctly unchuffed by that.  A routine home win should be the order of the day against the struggling Toffees.  2-0

Villa v Luton, 4-0

Brighton v Fulham, one point from three matches for the fetid filthy Seagulls - how is this permissible? Oddly Fulham have the hex over Brighton and so an away win would not go against the grain.  But, you know - it’s all pre-ordained and the media darlings can’t be allowed suffer any indignity, so it’ll be 23-1.

Liverpool v Forest, not a vintage Reds side by any stretch but they are not faking it in 4th. Four draws and a defeat in the last 5 is not awful form for Forest, but it’s not convincing either.  Make that two defats in the last 6 after this.  3-0

Man Utd v Man City, the Manc derby. Neither have drawn a match this season - will it be this one?  Unlikely.  Despite a few misfires recently, City are way better than Utd, and home advantage won’t be enough.  1-2  0-3

So; what with all that, the rugby world cup, and the clock going back - it’s a pretty full on weekend, right? 

As always, thank you for that.

Just for fun, I put in a few edits above.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• I was today years old when I found out @The_Buffalo has a former life working for the feds…

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    edited October 2023
    You ever change your differential oil @kl8ton ?
    No.  I have a powerstroke mechanic for that!  :-)

Edit:  It has been changed, just not by me.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    @JohnInCarolina - Surely a different buffalo as that footage would have made for violation of the federal witness protection program.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    You ever change your differential oil @kl8ton ?

everytime i change the gears, gives you a chance to paint the new cover ;) toyota covers are welded on, you wait til the cover rusts thru, then its a project. best to get those done when the frame gets changed out during warranty
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    I hung out with some guys spraying fungicide on corn with those this summer @ColtsFan. I don't think they are broadly very practical in their current form, but they are another tool in the belt and has applications I am sure.
    That’s exactly what they were using this for. One battery and tank of product covers one acre. Selective application would be the ticket. You can chart and map where it would be applied. There currently isn’t any herbicide approved for aerial applications but it’s close. 

Our use case would be to fly our lines and inspect our microwave network/towers. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905

Foghorn said:

Small point of order : you’ve given Palace a goal.  There’s only room for one hapless chancer on here, and I bagged that a few seasons back. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:

Foghorn said:

Small point of order : you’ve given Palace a goal.  There’s only room for one hapless chancer on here, and I bagged that a few seasons back. 

In my mind, by changing the prediction from 0-2 to 1-3 I expressed a lack of trust in both defenses - as that is what was going through my head at the time.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    PSA, Going to cook next weekend ( Nov. 4) if anybody here wants to drop by. Basic stuff. Brisket, pig, chicken and other stuff. Let me know if you want to come, start around lunch and end whenever.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Ozzie_Isaac
    bubbajack said:
    PSA, Going to cook next weekend ( Nov. 4) if anybody here wants to drop by. Basic stuff. Brisket, pig, chicken and other stuff. Let me know if you want to come, start around lunch and end whenever.
    Where are you at?

• CPFC1905
    Foghorn said:

In my mind, by changing the prediction from 0-2 to 1-3 I expressed a lack of trust in both defenses - as that is what was going through my head at the time.
    Well, your misplaced optimism was in fact well placed.  
    And having reflected upon that I have concluded that my authority on such things has not been eroded, on the basis I need to have had authority in order to lose it. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    bubbajack said:
    Where are you at?
    Salisbury NC

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"