Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    Yesterday, flu and RSV vax in right arm, Spikevax in the left.  Really feeling it in the left shoulder this morning.
    All were done at Costco.  Wonder about the refund policy if I catch any of them. 😁
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 421
    What am I doing right now? Recovering from that intrusive survey request.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Two weeks of combining beans. I took yesterday off, 1/2" of rain later and I am thinking about switching the combine over to corn today.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Two weeks of combining beans. I took yesterday off, 1/2" of rain later and I am thinking about switching the combine over to corn today.
    How do you separate the red and the black beans after you combine them?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Corv said:
    What am I doing right now? Recovering from that intrusive survey request.
    Haha.  I’ve been trying to figure out what happened to the new BGE President’s ears between that video

and this picture:

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Played 9 holes of golf on a beautiful morning and voted. Up next, U9 soccer
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,604
    @ColbyLang - by U9 they are moving beyond swarm ball.  Pro-tip for finding the back of the net-shoot it at the keeper. 
    I found that even at that age, the last thing they will look at before taking a shot is the keeper and then try not to shoot it at him/her.  Clearly the placement skills are not there-once they decided to shoot at the target the goal scoring rate improved.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    @lousubcap, fortunately our coach played professionally. His son is on our team. Swarm ball still happens on occasion, but they’ve learned if you stay in position and pass the ball, you win. We are 5-1-1 going into todays game. 
  • Botch said:
    Cold-smoking more novalox and some cheese.

Good lord, dude: Is that Ultra Copper smeared around the rim? Where is the gasket?
  • Smoking three butts. I usually only smoke one at a time. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    GrateEggspectations said:
    Good lord, dude: Is that Ultra Copper smeared around the rim? Where is the gasket?
    Yup.  I layed down a heavy bead of the stuff on the bottom, layed Saran Wrap across the bowl, then lowered the lid and let it cure for two days.  A perfect seal, but it's seen better days.  Ron did sell me a proper gasket, need to remember to install it before it gets cold outside again.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• @Botch

So you were using only the Ultra Copper as your gasket?
  • I like that idea @Botch
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    edited October 2023
    Smoking a chuckie, baking cookies, playing balloons with the kids and watching Monsters Inc.  Pixar is more entertaining than the gamechickens this year anyway.

edit:  Just threw on some brats that were in the back of the fridge too. 2 days past expiration, but they don’t stink which is good at least. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Squirrel died in the wall behind the tub surround last week sometime.  Omg what a mess/stink. 

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dyal_SC
    @fishlessman , you and @Ozzie_Isaac are keeping our land and tree rat population under control lately. Good work, men. 🐭 🐿️ ☠️ 
  • @lkapigian

I like how you roll, brother. When are you going to introduce me to your friends?
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    @Dyal_SC - "I should've seeded some of those japs".  Love when that happens, nice bonus!
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Juts in case I threw your whole weekend out of whack by not sharing my astonishing insight about the PL on Friday,  but they aren't playing and instead faffing about with nonsense international friendlies.

But, while I've got you - what's your thoughts on the cricket world cup so fast?  Many, I'm sure.   Lovely to see some many of our colonies rejoining for a jamboree of leather on willow fun.   A lot of of 'oh, haven't your grown' type comments as the young upstart nations gather around the maiden Aunt that's good old Blighty.

England look to have conducted their classic 'peak before the tournament' strategy.  :s
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Dyal_SC
    Lowes foods has 99 cent per lb pork butts. Going to head there early to see if any are left in stock. Hopefully have one or two on the egg today. Should be a pretty day to spend outside. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,604
    @CPFC1905 - you do have a great way with words.  Were you a sports writer in a previous life? B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    lousubcap said:
    @CPFC1905 - you do have a great way with words.  Were you a sports writer in a previous life? B)
    Finding words is never my problem, remembering to wear my glasses and check my spelling - that's the challenge. 
  • CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:
    Finding words is never my problem, remembering to wear my glasses and check my spelling - that's the challenge. 
    Did you forget to put your glasses on before purchasing your latest home?  That would be an acceptable explanation for the roof…
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:
    Did you forget to put your glasses on before purchasing your latest home?  That would be an acceptable explanation for the roof…
    Ah man, you mean I gotta move again? 
    This one's not even six months old...

Note the trademark English summer sky. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    CPFC1905 said:

But, while I've got you - what's your thoughts on the cricket world cup so fast?  Many, I'm sure.   Lovely to see some many of our colonies rejoining for a jamboree of leather on willow fun.   
    Darn, I missed it for the 39th consecutive time. Maybe next year.  
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Hanging out with a few hundred of my closest friends.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL