Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    ColbyLang said:

wish i had a pic of the bakery i was in about a month ago. looked like it was shut down for health violations in 1950 and has been vacant ever since. just nasty. guy just started renting it this summer, leaks everywhere, the ceiling is falling down etc
    Wish I could tell you our place was this spotless! Impossible. We shut down twice a week for a complete strip and clean. Heat pressure washers, sanitizer, the whole shebang. We employ a crew of 10 that only cleans. Daily when we’re about 60% thru with our day (they’re the last ones in the building) and then two entire days during the work week. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    edited October 2023
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

wish i had a pic of the bakery i was in about a month ago. looked like it was shut down for health violations in 1950 and has been vacant ever since. just nasty. guy just started renting it this summer, leaks everywhere, the ceiling is falling down etc
    Wish I could tell you our place was this spotless! Impossible. We shut down twice a week for a complete strip and clean. Heat pressure washers, sanitizer, the whole shebang. We employ a crew of 10 that only cleans. Daily when we’re about 60% thru with our day (they’re the last ones in the building) and then two entire days during the work week. 

im betting your space is spotless . theres pigeons flying thru broken windows and im not going to talk about the things that crawl or used to crawl. its a complete wreck. somehow they opened, got some machines running, not cleaned, did scrape off some surfaces( there is no stainless, the floors have not been swept in maybe 70 years. within a few months got contracts with the biggest supermarkets in the area.  ive never seen anything more crude except for the receiving area for the old jello plant. you dont ever want to see that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

im betting your space is spotless . theres pigeons flying thru broken windows and im not going to talk about the things that crawl or used to crawl. its a complete wreck. somehow they opened, got some machines running, not cleaned, did scrape off some surfaces( there is no stainless, the floors have not been swept in maybe 70 years. within a few months got contracts with the biggest supermarkets in the area.  ive never seen anything more crude except for the receiving area for the old jello plant. you dont ever want to see that
    I went to a burger joint in Illinois down by the river.  The buns were moldy, everything was stale, and generally awful.  They had a hole in the kitchen door and ducks would just walk in through the hole and eat scraps and hang out in the kitchen.  It was bizarre.

The locals always raved about it, and it was always busy.  I never went back.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Found an inspection summary for the joint 🤣

The Health Department inspection stemmed from a customer complaint filed Monday with the Health Department. According to a copy of the complaint investigation, issues included:

• “Standing water in front of the bar, in the hallway to the restrooms and in the food prep grill line. Floors in food prep are slippery and dangerous and wet from bacteria infested rain/flood water. … Inspectors shoes sloshed in water on the floor and both stuck on other parts of the floor because of grime buildup in back room food storage.”

“Multiple openings to the outside where flies and ducks enter the food service areas.”

• “Soda nozzles and nozzle holders have grime buildup and what appears to be yeast and/or mold growth.”

The report also notes that the owner/manager has consulted contractors to address foundation and leakage issues but that contractors said the weather has been too wet to work on it.

• ColbyLang
    Line out the door. Won’t get shut down. Wish the rules we abide by applied to everyone 
  • ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

I went to a burger joint in Illinois down by the river.  
    See any vans?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • At the airport.  Headed to MN for a talk I’m giving at this conference tomorrow:

https://2023ses.com/

Basically nerd central, so I’ll feel at home.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    At the airport.  Headed to MN for a talk I’m giving at this conference tomorrow:

Looking forward to Brazilian Fracture Mechanics, will it be live streamed too?

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    John is anybody talking about the wobbling Muon found at CERN, or the coffee stain problem still confounding physicists, or the theory on the arrow of time, or why there's more matter than antimatter in the universe, or whether singularities really exist, or how vacuums thought to be empty of matter for years by physicists, have shown that virtual particles can and do, pop in and out of existence even in a vacuum.

I won't even bring up Schrodinger's cat. 

I'm just curious, I'm asking for my sister Beulah, who loves science. She also loves a crusty old stuffed owl that she sucked the head off of many years ago. If it wasn't for her though, I wouldn't know anything about physics, so she can suck stuffed owl heads for like twenty days as long as I'm learning from it. It turns out the cost of stuffed owls is cheaper than a physics degree.

I am impressed though .. by your brains.

SB
  • At the airport.  Headed to MN for a talk I’m giving at this conference tomorrow:

Looking forward to Brazilian Fracture Mechanics, will it be live streamed too?
    Haha that’s not my talk - I’m just a co-author on that one.  Sadly not live streamed.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,605
    At least it's not the middle of winter up there, yet.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 603
    It was 33 here when I woke up this morning John. Stay warm and enjoy the state!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Checking out some homes.  Gotta love a neighborhood that has names for the houses.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    Fixing for a move, @Ozzie_Isaac
    Wish I had the means to live in this neighborhood, access is through a 600' tunnel, it is pretty crazy honestly.

I was meeting with an architect to review possibility of building a spec home.  Would need a lot of stars, moons, and planets to align.

• Fixing for a move, @Ozzie_Isaac
    Wish I had the means to live in this neighborhood, access is through a 600' tunnel, it is pretty crazy honestly.

I was meeting with an architect to review possibility of building a spec home.  Would need a lot of stars, moons, and planets to align.
    Just as well. I was thinking I’d be awfully sorry to see you ditch that gorgeous new outdoor kitchen and pool. 
  • dbCooper said:
    Planted a hardy hibiscus at FIL's place last Fall.  Transplanted it over here a couple weeks ago.  Oddly for this time of year it sent out a bloom.  Am thinking it's happy...

Beautiful plant. We had one thriving outdoors all summer but it’s now showing signs of trauma since we’ve moved in indoors. Time will tell as to how it does. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    @GrateEggspectations - If not aware and you have the desire, there are some varieties that can go in the ground down to zone 4.  Some background info is here...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    edited October 2023
    Your Mom
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang

Pensacola FL for fall break with the kiddos
  • Checking out some homes.  Gotta love a neighborhood that has names for the houses.

I am out on that sign. I like Desert Lair but the architects name is a hard no, unless it’s a Frank Lloyd Wright.. this is my house! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Checking out some homes.  Gotta love a neighborhood that has names for the houses.

needs a bassboat out front. my grandmother back in the 1950's found a piece of board/driftwood from an old crate out on the beach. says A TONIC FOR THE NERVES.  been on the house to just before covid were it now hangs over the beach stone fireplace. a new sign saying the same is out front now. my favorite is the house behind us, THE ALBATROS, huge house, two floors wrap around covered decks

need to get FUKAHWEE out front at camp =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    I’m sure you’ve heard this plenty of times, but nice sausage, @lkapigian !   :D
  • Headed home.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Dyal_SC said:
    Cleaned and stained a neglected rocking chair (and put a punkin in it. :) )

That looks might comfortable.