Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,060
    Yikes!   :o  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• ColtsFan said:
    Yup, it’s that time of year. @alaskanassasin

Dang I hate to see that. It is dry, hopefully we catch a bit of rain tomorrow, beans are around 10% here but it’s the best crop I’ve ever raised 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    If you’re planning on coming to Vegas anytime between now and NYE. Maybe reconsider. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    edited October 2023
    Maybe have the Bellagio turn their fountains off, during that time?  May conserve the Hoover Dam's water supply for a few extra months?   ;)  

(and yes, I do know that LV has done a stellar job of conserving the dwindling water supplies, compared to most SW communities...)  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,979
    Doing my part to suppress the mouse fart...

Learned something new. Anyone has problem with a kitchen gas stove burner (concealed flame type) not auto igniting even when you can see/hear/smell the sparks and gas, although it seems to work fine when lighted with a lighter?  

May be you knew this already... After many frustrated attempts to fix it I removed the round metal top, inserted a long needle into the gas orifice and wiggled it, voila! I fixed our stove recently and our son's stove today using this hack. In one case I could see some 'stuff' in the orifice but not in the other, I figured it can't hurt so i wiggled away anyway! Come to think of it, this problem is common with gas bbq but I just never thought of fixing kitchen box the same way, doh  :)

canuckland
  • Botch said:
    Maybe have the Bellagio turn their fountains off, during that time?  May conserve the Hoover Dam's water supply for a few extra months?   ;)  

(and yes, I do know that LV has done a stellar job of conserving the dwindling water supplies, compared to most SW communities...)  
    That made me curious.  

“The iconic Lake Bellagio and fountains use no water from Lake Mead or the Colorado River. Instead, the lake and all Bellagio property irrigation comes from underground wells onsite. This results in the avoidance of municipal potable water equivalent to the annual usage of 5,000 Olympic sized pools.”

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I was curious how deep the wells are but the only thing I could find is they have to treat the water 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I married a mad… genius?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,635

I married a mad… genius?
    That looks like something my kids fixed hoping I don't notice they broke it. 

What's the plan with that?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:

I married a mad… genius?

There is a strap attached to the chicken coup that we use to drag it around the farm lot. I usually have that receiver in the kubota hitch and it’s whatever you can find in the cab to keep the strap from slipping off.. that’s what she came up with apparently, I walked by it this morning and thought wtf… I usually use a screwdriver or a series of twists whatever. But that was funny had to share.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,605
    I am offering this up for all the high-rollers here who don't visit the OT thread-
    Thought this would be a new source of destination travel adventures: B)

The Michelin Guide Is Coming for Hotels

After 123 years of recommending restaurants, the Michelin Guide is moving into the hotel world. At an event on Oct. 5 in Paris, the eponymous publication owned by the French tiremaker announced it would start designating “the most exceptional hotels across the world” not with one, two or three stars, but with a “key” emblem. It will allocate them based on five criteria: having a local character, individuality, excellence in architecture and interior design, top service and comfort, and a consistent value-for-price.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    With no rating for "bedbug clearance", I'll pass; especially for the upcoming Olympics in Paris.  :tongue:  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,635
    kl8ton said:

I married a mad… genius?

There is a strap attached to the chicken coup that we use to drag it around the farm lot. I usually have that receiver in the kubota hitch and it’s whatever you can find in the cab to keep the strap from slipping off.. that’s what she came up with apparently, I walked by it this morning and thought wtf… I usually use a screwdriver or a series of twists whatever. But that was funny had to share.
    I like it. Do whatever is necessary to do what job needs to be done.  In this situation no human can get harmed.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,066
    that’s some real Mrs. MacGuyver **** right there @alaskanassasin
    Not a felon
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Compression.  That’s what happened last weekend.  The strugglers found a way and the untouchables got touched, good and proper.  Perhaps last weekend was just the football equivalent of a movie Easter Egg? As and when we regress to the mean is anyones guess, but I’d say very soon. 

Let’s see what lies immediately ahead;

Saturday

Luton v Spurs, short journey up the M1 for Spurs, and to three points. Great win for the Hatters at the Toffees, but brought to earth mid-week by relegation rivals the Clarets.  Ange’s fun bus rolls on 0-3

Burnley v Chelsea, tougher than it should be for the Blues.  Vincent’s men will fancy this and there will be goals. 2-2 with both feeling it’s two points missed out upon.

Fulham v Sheff Utd, the hosts have been somewhere been inconsistent and unreliable, whereas the Blades are the total opposite by being bottom of the table.  A miserable home win will really seal the Blade’s fate for this season against the listless Fulham. 1-0 

Man Utd v Brentford, Huzzah, hooray and rejoice.  More turmoil at Utd after a defat to Palace last time out and then one by proxy mid-week as Eagles Legend, Wilf Zaha got on the scoresheet for Galatasary - who also beat Utd.  However, the Bees ain’t all that either right now with just two draws from their last 5 outings. Slender veneer across a gaping chasm type of 1-0.  But the strife will sustain. Yay! 

Palace v Forest, Could and should have been a predictable home win, but the Eagles not-so-secret weakness of lack of squad depth is beginning to manifest. Now with Eze confined to the nursing quarters there’s slim pickings up front.  With a defensive bias we should be OK for the draw. Sad times after the heroic, mighty defeat of Utd last week. 1-1

Sunday

Brighton v Liverpool.  6, six,  ssssiiiiiiiixxxxxx!  Outstanding effort by Villa last weekend to be the guys who pointed out the Emperor’s fallacy. (Painting pictures with words, right?)  The filthy wretched Seagulls exposed for the charlatans and proxy agents of the dark forces that they really are.  An energy sapping mid-week Euro clash for both last night but Liverpool have the greater reserves. 1-3 would be epic.

West Ham v Newcastle, so Toon smashed PSG mid-week. I think we can all agree that their slow start to the reason has been shaken off?  Hammers are in good clip, but Toon in this mood will steamroller on.  0-2 

Wolves v Villa, a feisty West Midlands rivalry here.  Who saw The Old Gold rolling Citeh? Don’t answer that, we all know no-one did.  But can they repeat the trick against a vibrant Villa.  Nope, no chance. 0-2

Arsenal v Man City, game of the weekend. A home win could put The Gunners top and would certainly nail their colours to the mast for being serious contenders.  But it’s City and especially after losing to Wolves, they will be back stronger. A good game but I feel a draw is the best the Ars’ can achieve.  Even so, 1-2

There you have it.  I hadn’t forgotten, just wanted to grow the suspense.  Now away with you to the betting office and start your Friday staring aimlessly out of the window.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,020
    CPFC1905 said:

Compression.  That’s what happened last weekend.  The strugglers found a way and the untouchables got touched, good and proper.  Perhaps last weekend was just the football equivalent of a movie Easter Egg? As and when we regress to the mean is anyones guess, but I’d say very soon. 

Let’s see what lies immediately ahead;

Saturday

Luton v Spurs, short journey up the M1 for Spurs, and to three points. Great win for the Hatters at the Toffees, but brought to earth mid-week by relegation rivals the Clarets.  Ange’s fun bus rolls on 0-3

Burnley v Chelsea, tougher than it should be for the Blues.  Vincent’s men will fancy this and there will be goals. 2-2 with both feeling it’s two points missed out upon.

Fulham v Sheff Utd, the hosts have been somewhere been inconsistent and unreliable, whereas the Blades are the total opposite by being bottom of the table.  A miserable home win will really seal the Blade’s fate for this season against the listless Fulham. 1-0 

Man Utd v Brentford, Huzzah, hooray and rejoice.  More turmoil at Utd after a defat to Palace last time out and then one by proxy mid-week as Eagles Legend, Wilf Zaha got on the scoresheet for Galatasary - who also beat Utd.  However, the Bees ain’t all that either right now with just two draws from their last 5 outings. Slender veneer across a gaping chasm type of 1-0.  But the strife will sustain. Yay! 

Palace v Forest, Could and should have been a predictable home win, but the Eagles not-so-secret weakness of lack of squad depth is beginning to manifest. Now with Eze confined to the nursing quarters there’s slim pickings up front.  With a defensive bias we should be OK for the draw. Sad times after the heroic, mighty defeat of Utd last week. 1-1

Sunday

Brighton v Liverpool.  6, six,  ssssiiiiiiiixxxxxx!  Outstanding effort by Villa last weekend to be the guys who pointed out the Emperor’s fallacy. (Painting pictures with words, right?)  The filthy wretched Seagulls exposed for the charlatans and proxy agents of the dark forces that they really are.  An energy sapping mid-week Euro clash for both last night but Liverpool have the greater reserves. 1-3 would be epic.

West Ham v Newcastle, so Toon smashed PSG mid-week. I think we can all agree that their slow start to the reason has been shaken off?  Hammers are in good clip, but Toon in this mood will steamroller on.  0-2 

Wolves v Villa, a feisty West Midlands rivalry here.  Who saw The Old Gold rolling Citeh? Don’t answer that, we all know no-one did.  But can they repeat the trick against a vibrant Villa.  Nope, no chance. 0-2

Arsenal v Man City, game of the weekend. A home win could put The Gunners top and would certainly nail their colours to the mast for being serious contenders.  But it’s City and especially after losing to Wolves, they will be back stronger. A good game but I feel a draw is the best the Ars’ can achieve.  Even so, 1-2

There you have it.  I hadn’t forgotten, just wanted to grow the suspense.  Now away with you to the betting office and start your Friday staring aimlessly out of the window.

Thank you for that.  I think the biggest wildcard is Brighton vs Liverpool.  Too many variables... pride rebounding to a better performance for the Seagulls, potential fatigue for both teams, managerial use of subs - or not - for the purposes of having fresh legs.  I initially was going to offer a counter-prediction but ultimately I settled on 2-1 or so which is not really different from your call. I just think that they won't have the energy to get to a 3rd goal against a team that will have enough pride to avoid a blowout.

And I don't know what to think of a Man U team that seems to have a manager that is working to create the right culture that isn't getting the results he needs to keep his position.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,237
    kl8ton said:

I married a mad… genius?

I didn't realize they made a shank with a swappable ball!  That is a lot easier than replacing the entire ball hitch.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton said:

I married a mad… genius?

I didn't realize they made a shank with a swappable ball!  That is a lot easier than replacing the entire ball hitch.
    It is handy you can change the ball with a nickel if you don’t have a screwdriver 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,235

I married a mad… genius?

my first thought is that pin is the one that holds the hitch to the receiver =) 

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Foghorn said:

Thank you for that.  I think the biggest wildcard is Brighton vs Liverpool.  Too many variables... pride rebounding to a better performance for the Seagulls, potential fatigue for both teams, managerial use of subs - or not - for the purposes of having fresh legs.  I initially was going to offer a counter-prediction but ultimately I settled on 2-1 or so which is not really different from your call. I just think that they won't have the energy to get to a 3rd goal against a team that will have enough pride to avoid a blowout.

And I don't know what to think of a Man U team that seems to have a manager that is working to create the right culture that isn't getting the results he needs to keep his position.
    Yep, could go either way to be fair. 
    Sack ten Hag - keep the chaos going. 😬
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661

I married a mad… genius?

my first thought is that pin is the one that holds the hitch to the receiver =) 

me too..like a button on the late Chris Farley's button up shirt from scene "living in a van by the river"..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Awaiting our new Japanese production line. We just got word it made it to the port of Los Angeles. Now to clear customs and make it to Louisiana. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,237
    ColbyLang said:
    Awaiting our new Japanese production line. We just got word it made it to the port of Los Angeles. Now to clear customs and make it to Louisiana. 
    Is LA striking?  They are usually striking.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• ColbyLang
    Unknown. Hope not. We have a firm install date lol. 
  • That is really cool @ColbyLang
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    Thx @Ozzie_Isaac. My dad bought the identical machine in 1996. First of its kind in the world. Serial number 00001. As a tribute, they numbered this one as 00001 for us. 
  • @ColbyLang

Forgive the blatant ignorance, but what is that? Whatever it is, it is sexy and has a very cool history. 😎
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,605
    Can't read a letter on the far wall but the tribute obviously means a lot to the manufacturer and your sustained business prowess.
    Now for those of us working on LEO- I'm guessing a very high speed toaster machine...
    @ColbyLang - curious as to how your father got into the bread business.  PM is fine , f' it works as well. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.