Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @Canugghead I get it. The struggle is real. We keep an upright freezer that is perpetually full. Had to shuffle like a magician just to get these tamaters in. 
  • @johnmitchell

These are the days that make the journey so much fun. About to start up the Egg myself. Be sure to post your results. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,221
    RIP Tim Wakefield. Class act through and through. 

go

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,605
    Da-n.  57 years old.  A cornerstone of the Red Sox on and off the field. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    57 years young. If I'm not mistaken Curt Schilling recently, within the last day or two made a public comment about TW having cancer. Apparently the family was caught off guard by his very public announcement. **** all around.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,979
    @Canugghead I get it. The struggle is real. We keep an upright freezer that is perpetually full. Had to shuffle like a magician just to get these tamaters in. 
    Bigger challenge is remembering or finding them.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,605
    I am old but have never seen a TV audience mover like Taylor Swift.  Her marketing prowess is a true dream come true to Roger Goodell and the No Fun League.  She brings a long sought after market with the burgeoning spend $$.  Kelce deserves some serious return here. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lousubcap said:
    I am old but have never seen a TV audience mover like Taylor Swift.  Her marketing prowess is a true dream come true to Roger Goodell and the No Fun League.  She brings a long sought after market with the burgeoning spend $$.  Kelce deserves some serious return here. 
    Kelce got some serious return. His jersey sales were up like 400%. The podcast he does with his brother had like 1 mil more downloads this week. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ybabpmuts
    It won't last. She'll be singing a song about how she broke up with him and he wanted his sweater back three days later, by early next month. It's what she does.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,235
    Smearing yogurt into some kind of rubber puzzle mat to make an “enrichment” treat for the pup.  What in God’s name has happened to my life?  Lol
    Wait until you buy an expensive chew toy and find out that he likes to chew on pine cones.

empty disposable water bottles here, dogs love them to chew on. take the cap and plastic ring off beforehand.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    Perhaps the largest excel spreadsheet that I’ve been in. 286k lines 🤓
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,640
    Smearing yogurt into some kind of rubber puzzle mat to make an “enrichment” treat for the pup.  What in God’s name has happened to my life?  Lol
    Wait until you buy an expensive chew toy and find out that he likes to chew on pine cones.

empty disposable water bottles here, dogs love them to chew on. take the cap and plastic ring off beforehand.
    Previous dog learned how to loosen the cap on a beer bottle. He would then lap at the puddle on the floor. I just bought a new dog door for the back slider. You can replace the flap once then you have to replace the whole thing. $299 with tax, number 3 since 2003.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,066
    Covid and flu shots today.  Took some doing to find them as the supply chain seems to be temporarily f'd, but we found them just had a little drive to get there.
    Not a felon
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,221
    Almost makes me want to go back to high school again. 

I thought I was lucky when I was in high school that we could take college credit courses over at the community college. These kids nowadays will know how to fly a damn plane by the time they graduate. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 421
    One of our local high schools is building a kit airplane, a Van's RV-12iS. The students learn the basics on a simple practice kit, and then work on the plane the rest of the semester. Last school year, they built the vertical tail, rudder and the anti-servo tabs. They also finished the frame of the stabilator and started today prepping it for its skins. When the plane is done, a few years from now, it'll get sold to buy the next project.
    But they don't have a nifty simulator!
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,635
    Buckle up buttercup.  (Me... I'm buttercup).
    87° the high tomorrow and 51° the high on Saturday while I am working outside with a sold out campground.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,640
    Saying very bad things about AT&T Uverse. No signal, no way to check if it’s a general outage, no way to schedule a service call without knowing a user ID. I have paid by direct withdrawal for over ten years so I never use a user ID.
  • kl8ton said:
    Buckle up buttercup.  (Me... I'm buttercup).
    87° the high tomorrow and 51° the high on Saturday while I am working outside with a sold out campground.  

We are cutting beans like hell, it’s been weird walking back to the truck in the evening wearing a t shirt 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Corv said:
    One of our local high schools is building a kit airplane, a Van's RV-12iS. The students learn the basics on a simple practice kit, and then work on the plane the rest of the semester. Last school year, they built the vertical tail, rudder and the anti-servo tabs. They also finished the frame of the stabilator and started today prepping it for its skins. When the plane is done, a few years from now, it'll get sold to buy the next project.
    That is a really cool project, do the students get to see the maiden voyage? How many years until completion?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• In high school wood shop we worked on a drift boat. 
    I signed up for metal shop thinking I was going to make a hunting knife from a leaf spring or something…  but the first day our teacher informed us that, though metal shop classes had been making knives, beautiful knives, moose handles, hardened, masterpieces (in some cases) using the shop forge, for years, administration didn’t think it was appropriate anymore.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    In my highly school metal class I made a stainless steel sleeve for a bic lighter. Hardly much better than a knife except that I could use it to smoke weed with but it was also good for burning the hair off of bloated rodents, as long as there were no open wounds and their sphincters were still tight, otherwise they could explode and spin out of control. I gave up the lighter after looking at way too many rodent sphincters and trying to judge if it was tight enough or not. After a while, they all run together ...
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    In my highly school metal class I made a stainless steel sleeve for a bic lighter. Hardly much better than a knife except that I could use it to smoke weed with but it was also good for burning the hair off of bloated rodents, as long as there were no open wounds and their sphincters were still tight, otherwise they could explode and spin out of control. I gave up the lighter after looking at way too many rodent sphincters and trying to judge if it was tight enough or not. After a while, they all run together ...
    We would stick dead mice in the forge for the next class. The ceilings in the shop were probably 20’ tall and we would throw welding into the tiles when the teacher would turn his back. Someone left the gas on over night and we had to evacuate, I would like to think that was a accident 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    edited October 2023
    Jesus, I farted too close to the forge once and thought I was a crazy rebel. You my friend are crazy.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    ColtsFan said:
    CTRL + P  go on, you know you wan to.  Better if it comes out on green/white perforated paper.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 421
    Corv said:
    That is a really cool project, do the students get to see the maiden voyage? How many years until completion?

The ones attending them will. The graduating seniors generally move on without keeping in touch.
    Building even an easy kit airplane is a very large task. It takes steady attention and considerable care. Doing it right is the highest priority. Working quickly is not on the list. The plans are detailed but not simple, and the students need to be certain that they are doing it correctly. For many of them, it's a new thing to learn, this attention to detail.
    One thing that's working nicely is that for each major task, a selected student is assigned to be the project lead. Those students are usually experiencing their first effort at management. Some rise to it but not all.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    ColtsFan said:
    "There is not enough memory to perform this function"
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,235
    THE DUKE
    i thought i was getting into some kinda college =) turns out its a sewer

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    edited October 2023
    Yup, it’s that time of year. @alaskanassasin

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!