Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,993
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    @sgh Scottie the shaving horse is dead...enough already!
    You know folks use to say the very same thing about me calling everyone brother, sister and/or my friend. Same as me using Buffalo or Buffaloed. Look now though. Most everyone says those very things now. 
    Its my sincere hope that shaving will catch on just as those did. 
    You are definitely a legend in your own mind. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    @sgh Scottie the shaving horse is dead...enough already!
    You know folks use to say the very same thing about me calling everyone brother, sister and/or my friend. Same as me using Buffalo or Buffaloed. Look now though. Most everyone says those very things now. 
    Its my sincere hope that shaving will catch on just as those did. 
    You are definitely a legend in your own mind. 
    Not in the least brother. Just pay attention to the use of nomenclature on the forum now. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    Looking at flights for visiting Israel in October.  Itineraries range from 12hrs to 28hrs.  None of them look all that appealing.

Always a challenge with these things to balance convenience against price.  Mostly I'm just looking at flights with only one connection, and not through CDG (which I hate more than ATL).   
    Might want to see what the pricing is from major European cities to Israel on a Euro based discount carrier. Often piecing an itinerary together like that can save a lot of money. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Looking at flights for visiting Israel in October.  Itineraries range from 12hrs to 28hrs.  None of them look all that appealing.

Always a challenge with these things to balance convenience against price.  Mostly I'm just looking at flights with only one connection, and not through CDG (which I hate more than ATL).   
    Might want to see what the pricing is from major European cities to Israel on a Euro based discount carrier. Often piecing an itinerary together like that can save a lot of money. 
    Good suggestion.  I’ll take a look.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    SGH said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Brunswick Stew 
    One of my personal favorites. Sadly I seldom make it anymore. I need to get back in the game though.  
    @SGH - this was a fun cook for me. It was a riff off @War_Eagle_2244's November 2012 post:
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1145064/turkey-day-practice-run-pics#latest 

Didn't use liquid smoke and substituted Mc Ilhenny's Chipotle Tobasco and instant pot chicken broth, lots of leftover pulled pork and three chicken breasts.  Would love to see your version.
    JRWhitee said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Brunswick Stew on the large. trying to get done before our daily afternoon storms.
    That smells great!
    Pulled it just before the storm dumped and already had two large bowls. Agree, it smells and tastes awesome. Thanks for your kind words. Waiting for it to cool down so I can put it in glass containers. Not sure I have enough glass containers.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,494
    @JohnInCarolina - gotta be a business write-off in there somewhere.  And I totally agree with avoiding CDG- What a friggin clown show with passport control and security.  Talk about job security...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - gotta be a business write-off in there somewhere.  And I totally agree with avoiding CDG- What a friggin clown show with passport control and security.  Talk about job security...
    I have too many crazy stories at CDG to count Frank.  By far my favorite was the time my wife and I waited four hours for our baggage to show up off the plane, because the airport workers were on some kind of "strike" where they did their jobs too well and were checking every single bag coming off every single plane.  I was the ugly American that day my friend, believe me.  All of the curse words.  All of them.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    lousubcap said:
    I have too many crazy stories at CDG to count Frank.  By far my favorite was the time my wife and I waited four hours for our baggage to show up off the plane, because the airport workers were on some kind of "strike" where they did their jobs too well and were checking every single bag coming off every single plane.  I was the ugly American that day my friend, believe me.  All of the curse words.  All of them.  
    No wonder Parisians aren't always nice to Americans.  Thanks John.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Definitely my fault!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    lousubcap said:
    After dealing with clueless tourists from afar last week, I think we may have a bad rap.  Some folks have no concept of personal space. Or sidewalk traffic flow.  
  • lousubcap
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Paging @YukonRon.  Perhaps he can provide enlightenment.  Or at least suggest a few good bottles of grape to ease the pain... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    ColtsFan said:
    Low carb stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice and Italian sausage.

I'm totally do this for my beach bod. Got a recipe or link?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just got back from our CSA. Perfect for the two of us. 

Love the summer vegetables. Beautiful haul there Mark!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    I was on a flight, several years ago, leaving from the Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati airport, on Delta.
    If you travel frequently on Delta, for international flights, you realize the departure time you had purchased is nothing more than a goal for Delta airlines.
    This was about my 50th trip, I was taking, and it was of no surprise to me, the departure time was not met, and in fact, was well over a couple hours late for take off.
    But we did take off.
    The pilot, did his best to make up as much time as he could, and in the process, was able to get us close to the designated landing time at CDG.
    However, about 200 miles out, the pilot announced over the planes intercom, "we have been place in a holding pattern and will be in it for a while, as long as fuel consumption allows.
    It turns out, the Delta wing of CDG collapsed, and they were unsure if it was the result of terrorism, so they were backing all planes away from the building, bringing in emergency equipment, and also police and security to search.
    Had our plane been on time, we would have been in the terminal when it collapsed.
    The only time I have never cursed the company of which I had wel over 6 million miles of delayed or canceled flights, missing luggage or missed connections.
    It turned out the terminal collapsed, killing at least 5 people, was due to shoddy construction.
    We rolled in after landing and saw the building collapsed on the ground. Emergency vehicles were all over the place, and the French Armywere all over CDG.
    It was a mess, never saw my luggage again.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Got the beach chairs and canopy in the car.  Getting prepared for a Friday departure.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnInCarolina
    YukonRon said:
    I was on a flight, several years ago, leaving from the Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati airport, on Delta.
    If you travel frequently on Delta, for international flights, you realize the departure time you had purchased is nothing more than a goal for Delta airlines.
    This was about my 50th trip, I was taking, and it was of no surprise to me, the departure time was not met, and in fact, was well over a couple hours late for take off.
    But we did take off.
    The pilot, did his best to make up as much time as he could, and in the process, was able to get us close to the designated landing time at CDG.
    However, about 200 miles out, the pilot announced over the planes intercom, "we have been place in a holding pattern and will be in it for a while, as long as fuel consumption allows.
    It turns out, the Delta wing of CDG collapsed, and they were unsure if it was the result of terrorism, so they were backing all planes away from the building, bringing in emergency equipment, and also police and security to search.
    Had our plane been on time, we would have been in the terminal when it collapsed.
    The only time I have never cursed the company of which I had wel over 6 million miles of delayed or canceled flights, missing luggage or missed connections.
    It turned out the terminal collapsed, killing at least 5 people, was due to shoddy construction.
    We rolled in after landing and saw the building collapsed on the ground. Emergency vehicles were all over the place, and the French Armywere all over CDG.
    It was a mess, never saw my luggage again.

That is quite the story, Ron.
  • YukonRon
    lousubcap said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Paging @YukonRon.  Perhaps he can provide enlightenment.  Or at least suggest a few good bottles of grape to ease the pain... =)
    Parisians love Americans, we are still the highest paying tourists, however, they do hate Aszholes, and that is not just limited to us.
    Take heart, they hate the Germans worse.
    If I were to suggest anything for wine, find a Chateneauf Du Pape, from the Rhone, red blend, with a large percentage of Grenache, or find a white Burgundy to start with.
    After that look for grenache rosè, burgundy, Bordeaux and last but not least, champagne.
    To each their own, but, in my experience, the French have forgotten more about making wine, than we will ever know.
    France is a country that has been conquered and occupied more than any other patch of land in Europe, or so it seems, throughout its history. 
    I can understand the introverted mind set of the people calling France home, due to that unfortunate history.
    Have fun, so much history there, but remember, support from France helped the United States become the greatest country on earth.
    Vive la France.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Okay -now I am about to overload my oenophile past (of a few decades) as I have transitioned to the 12 ounce curls and related species.
    But one upon a time I was a big fan of Chambertin (exposed in a college wines spirits and beer course as an undergrad -tuition covered).  For the price point it was a great and undiscovered value and a full-bodied red.  
    Fortunately for me, I have been sucked so far into the Q diet that I am auto dialed into beer but still enjoy a solid red with a robust beef roast.  
  • YukonRon
    Concur big reds are the real deal, especially with beef. Try it with beef stew....whole new level of yum, right there.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    Low carb stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice and Italian sausage.
    That looks mighty fine brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    what?!  @SGH you are not shaving now?  why don't you post all your shaving pics here, now, so we don't forget they exist?
    what?!  @SGH you are not shaving now?  why don't you post all your shaving pics here, now, so we don't forget they exist?
    Would you like to see today’s shave?

Status- Standing by.

• Yes! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    No, not really.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:

• SGH
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    No, not really.
    That really hurt coming from you brother D. I thought that we were friends. 

Status- Standing by.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    In our golden years we planed (dreamed) of no ended travel.  Life as it does has gotten in the way.  Finially we have thrown all of that out of the way and are planning a trip to anywhere!  International is still out of the ball park but there is some much of this country we haven't experienced. We kicked around Nashville, Spoken, among others..what does the Egg braintrust say?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.