Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Is Urban Meyer in trouble?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    YukonRon said:
    Hopefully. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    Hopefully. 
    Saw it on the news and sports enter this morning.
    We are talking about the same guy who mentored Hernandez right?
    Chest pains and needing some time to spend with the family in 3...2.....1?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Headed to the airport again, but this time it’s for vacation.  We’re set to spend ten days in NH.  We’ll be visiting family in Westmoreland for a couple of days and then headed to a lake house in Holderness for a week.

Sadly I will need to bring both my own work laptop and my government-issued laptop with me.  Some work stuff to attend to during the week - just no way to completely escape.  But all things considered I can’t really complain. 
    up on golden pond

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,494
    @JohnInCarolina - sounds like a welcome escape once you get past the air travel.
    Safe travels and enjoy. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Headed to the airport again, but this time it’s for vacation.  We’re set to spend ten days in NH.  We’ll be visiting family in Westmoreland for a couple of days and then headed to a lake house in Holderness for a week.

Sadly I will need to bring both my own work laptop and my government-issued laptop with me.  Some work stuff to attend to during the week - just no way to completely escape.  But all things considered I can’t really complain. 
    Call me if you need a ride back. I will come and get you.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    YukonRon said:

Call me if you need a ride back. I will come and get you.
    Don’t take the Ford or you’ll both be stuck. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    the pavement looks a little wet, is it stuck =)  so close to the parking spot
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    DMW said:

Why don't you just forward your government related emails to your other email so you only have to carry one device for convenience?
    Government emails on a public laptop is totally cool.  Especially when they are top secret. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Eoin said:
    @sgh did a decent job with the lather this morning, not completely bubble free but pretty good. Stood up well on the brush, this is what was left after shaving. Mitchell's Wool Fat soap.

@Eoin
    Looks great brother. Just so you will know, Mitchell’s Wool Fat soap is one of the hardest soaps that there is to lather. This is due to its high tallow, lanolin and glycerin content. 
    If you can lather MWF soap properly, you can lather any soap. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,029
    YukonRon said:
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    Hopefully. 
    Damn, when you’re too dirty for OSU, what’s next?  USC?
    Not a felon
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Legume said:
    YukonRon said:
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    Hopefully. 
    Damn, when you’re too dirty for OSU, what’s next?  USC?
    Russian Olympic team?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Legume said:
    Damn, when you’re too dirty for OSU, what’s next?  
    My guess would be Hell. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• I hear Notre Dame is his dream job. It’s all part of the plan 
  • YukonRon
    the pavement looks a little wet, is it stuck =)  so close to the parking spot
    I pulled into the parking lot hauling around a bunch of kids from the neighborhood, playing pokemon. They had some to catch or something. My Beautiful Wife caught the image, she was out there with the children.

It definitely is not a mudder, lol. Does ok in the rain.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    @YukonRon

your dog is winking..

;) 

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Dug a couple of steaks out of the freezer. These are pre-packaged supermarket steaks, too thin for me normally, but the Sirloin cooked OK. Ribeye for Anne, fully cremated. At least she doesn't put ketchup on it, that would really be an outrage. Sliced potatoes fried in goose fat, grilled peppers and a green salad.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    I thought you guys across the pond boiled your steaks? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    Damn, when you’re too dirty for OSU, what’s next?  
    My guess would be Hell. 
    Or Alabama. Pretty much the same place. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SonVolt
    edited August 2018
    If Alabama is hell then I'm inclined to say Arkansas would be the abscessed fistula leaking puss inside the Devil's Bic™ shaved anus. No idea where that leaves Mississippi. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Eoin
    SonVolt said:
    I thought you guys across the pond boiled your steaks? 
    It's all haute cuisine here these days, we even sent Gordon Ramsey over to teach you guys how to cook.
  • SonVolt
    edited August 2018
    I heard ol' Gordon's about to teach those primitive savages across the world how to cook their own native cuisine. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/07/31/gordon-ramsays-new-nat-geo-show-is-a-colonialist-mess/?utm_term=.3f62ee391c11
  • Eoin
    SonVolt said:
    I heard ol' Gordon's about to teach those primitive savages across the world how to cook their own native cuisine. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/07/31/gordon-ramsays-new-nat-geo-show-is-a-colonialist-mess/?utm_term=.3f62ee391c11
    I would never call you guys primitive savages, that's going a bit far.
  • SonVolt
    edited August 2018
    Wait - I'm not talking about the Uk. Did you read the article? He's headed for the native tribes of Africa and beyond!  It's a bit ridiculous and embarrassing. 
  • Eoin
    SonVolt said:
    Did you read the article? I'm not talking about the Uk, he's headed for the native tribes of Africa and beyond! It's a bit ridiculous. 
    Yes, I did read it, just joshing. Ramsey is an oik, people over here got bored of him shouting all the time, he doesn't get on TV much any more.
  • SonVolt
    edited August 2018
    So what's the public's perception of Marco Pierre White? Is he a household name like Gordon is here? Not many outside the industry know who Marco is here, but I've heard he's a bigger celeb over there. Is that true?
  • DoubleEgger
    Eoin said:
    SonVolt said:
    Did you read the article? I'm not talking about the Uk, he's headed for the native tribes of Africa and beyond! It's a bit ridiculous. 
    Yes, I did read it, just joshing. Ramsey is an oik, people over here got bored of him shouting all the time, he doesn't get on TV much any more.
    Loudmouth blowhards tend to prosper on this side of the pond. 
  • Eoin
    SonVolt said:
    So what's the public's perception of Marco Pierre White? Is he a household name like Gordon is here? Not many outside the industry know who Marco is here, but I've heard he's a bigger celeb over there. Is that true?
    He's very well known, same as Ramsey. MPW hasn't been on TV much recently, I would say he is more respected than Ramsey.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited August 2018
    I know it’s preseason but thank you Jesus for football season. Let’s see what Da Bears look like tonight.