Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    SGH said:
    what?!  @SGH you are not shaving now?  why don't you post all your shaving pics here, now, so we don't forget they exist?
    Would you like to see today’s shave?

John, I find it ironic that a large majority of your posts involve nude men. Kind of concerns me that you may be confused. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,008
    I was in a local winetasting club for awhile, we met monthly at different members' homes to sample wines, usually with a "theme".  One of our members was a retired Navy Captain, and he and his wife discovered Caymus before "the Others" did; their wine cellar was a tad bigger than my living room, and a large portion of it, Caymus (thank god the local church-state didn't search their truck when they shipped the collection here!)  
    Their hosting was very memorable.  First, his wife showed us her garden (huge!) and pointed out all the veggies, herbs, and even flowers featured in the appetizers/meal.  The tasting itself was a "vertical", five wines from the same grape/winery, 5 different years.  All Caymus cabs!!!  I'll probably never be privy to an experience like that again, in this lifetime.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,995
    bucky925 said:
    In our golden years we planed (dreamed) of no ended travel.  Life as it does has gotten in the way.  Finially we have thrown all of that out of the way and are planning a trip to anywhere!  International is still out of the ball park but there is some much of this country we haven't experienced. We kicked around Nashville, Spoken, among others..what does the Egg braintrust say?
    I think if you haven’t been to Colorado, Utah, Arizona or New Mexico - plenty there to see.  Rocky Mountain National Park is one of the coolest places in the US, not to mention Arches or Yosemite.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    what?!  @SGH you are not shaving now?  why don't you post all your shaving pics here, now, so we don't forget they exist?
    Would you like to see today’s shave?

John, I find it ironic that a large majority of your posts involve nude men. Kind of concerns me that you may be confused. 
    I’m concerned you don’t know what ironic means.  Here’s a hint: it’s not like rain on your wedding day, despite what Alanis says.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,008
    edited August 2018
    bucky925 said:
    In our golden years we planed (dreamed) of no ended travel.  Life as it does has gotten in the way.  Finially we have thrown all of that out of the way and are planning a trip to anywhere!  International is still out of the ball park but there is some much of this country we haven't experienced. We kicked around Nashville, Spoken, among others..what does the Egg braintrust say?
    I think if you haven’t been to Colorado, Utah, Arizona or New Mexico - plenty there to see.  Rocky Mountain National Park is one of the coolest places in the US, not to mention Arches or Yosemite.
    Note that Zion NP is mostly closed right now, due to mudslides, and I think Yosemite is too with the wildfires (hotels have openings, however!  =) ).
    Definitely see as much as you can, now.  I attended my 40th HS Reunion a week ago, and a good friend of mine and her husband retired from State Farm awhile back, and she was diagnosed w/cancer a week later; major delay to their travel plans!  :bawling:  
    Living where I do, I must also mention Sedona, AZ (but during the winter months) and Glacier/Waterton (Canadia) NPs.  Have fun, and send pics!!  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• SGH
    I’m posting this question here as most folks on the forum read this thread. In no way am I trolling. My question is for any and all DE and straight shavers out there. How do you store your razors? I’m not talking about placing them in a drawer or on a shelf. I’m looking for something to travel and also to protect them. 
    For my DE razors I keep coming back to this case. 

Does anyone have this case or one like it? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
    For my straights and shavette I’m considering this one

I know that this one is kind of cheap, but it will used for storage only. Not for travel. With that said, same question as above. Does anyone have this case or one similar to it? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Had to pay my respects!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    thetrim said:
    Had to pay my respects!
    I imagine that is what the gates to Heaven look like. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    thetrim said:
    Had to pay my respects!
    I really hope not. Most of the area around there smells like urine.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    thetrim said:
    Had to pay my respects!
    I really hope not. Most of the area around there smells like urine.
    Is there a pee tape associated with that?
    bucky925 said:
    If you have not experienced the Pacific Northwest, do this:
    Fly into Portland, get a car, and drive North to Washington. Get on the Pacific Coast Highway, then drive south, to California, then book your flight home from Sacramento.
    There are endless "one of a kind" experiences you can have on that trip.
    The Cascades, hiking, camping, summit bagging, Crater Lake, THE BEST fly fishing for trout in the world, sequoias, whale watching, endless beaches, snow skiing/boarding, lighthouses, seafood, Lake Tahoe, Volcanoes, Yosemite, Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, the list goes on and on. In fact you could make this trip every year for the rest of your lives, and never duplicate the same trip, twice because there is so much to see, and so much to do.
    My Beautiful Wife and I fell in love with the area, and have planned to retire in the PNW.
    We are now looking for property.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just sitting here laying in bed relaxing, listening to the pouring rain....been screwing around in the shop.
    A teal decoy in the works for my personal spread this year. Gonna try to finish with all the whittlin' tomorrow 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SGH said:
    I’m posting this question here as most folks on the forum read this thread. In no way am I trolling. My question is for any and all DE and straight shavers out there. How do you store your razors? I’m not talking about placing them in a drawer or on a shelf. I’m looking for something to travel and also to protect them. 

I know that this one is kind of cheap, but it will used for storage only. Not for travel. With that said, same question as above. Does anyone have this case or one similar to it? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance. 
    My razors rarely travel, if I need to, I'll wrap them in a towell in the bag. That's it. Also, never for flying as I do hand luggage only for business and sharp objects are a no-no.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Just got "Conditional Approval" for Global Entry.  I travel abroad 8-10 times a year and this is a game changer.  Five years of "expedited clearance" AND domestic TSA Precheck for $100.  Next step is an in-person interview...just a formality they say.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @TN_Egger that is a game changer. You will love it.  Congratulations 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2018
    TN_Egger said:
    Just got "Conditional Approval" for Global Entry.  I travel abroad 8-10 times a year and this is a game changer.  Five years of "expedited clearance" AND domestic TSA Precheck for $100.  Next step is an in-person interview...just a formality they say.
    I need to do that.  Not long ago I spoke to a friend who has it and she swears by it.

I already have precheck though.  Paying $85 for that just once was a no-brainer.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,029
    SGH said:

That’s a murse and a cigar box.
    Not a felon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    TN_Egger said:
    I need to do that.  Not long ago I spoke to a friend who has it and she swears by it.

I already have precheck though.  Paying $85 for that just once was a no-brainer.
    There is a renewal now, If I am not mistaken. After so many years, you need to go through the process, and pay the fee, again.
    I am going after the conditional approval, My Beautiful Wife and I travel frequently out of country, and once abroad, catch flights. This will be a huge advantage.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    TN_Egger said:
    It’s really nice, the interview crazy short, I had to drive 2 hours for mine.  They just ask about some travel history stuff and take a photo and finger prints.  Scheduling the interview can be a bit of a hassle, unless some of the backlogs have cleared up there were places that were booked up for 6 months when I got mine.  Also I think it is the American Express platinum that will reimburse you the cost of it. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    SonVolt said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Low carb stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice and Italian sausage.

I'm totally do this for my beach bod. Got a recipe or link?
    Just sort of threw them together, but went a little something like this

Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients: 3-4 bell peppers, 1 head of cauliflower - riced, 1 lb Italian Sausage, 1/2 sweet onion diced, 3/4 cup baby mushroom chopped, 2 gloves garlic minced, 1 can san marzano whole tomatoes, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp ground pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, salt to taste

Method: Saute onion, garlic and mushroom until onion is translucent add riced cauliflower and cook until soft (10 minutes) Add contents in a bowl and set aside Brown sausage in the same skillet drain fat add cauliflower/onion mixture add seasoning crush most of the tomatoes and add to sausage (reserve liquid and a couple tomatoes for topping) add salt to taste Stuff peppers, add tomatoes and sauce on top 350* oven covered for 30 minutes uncover - add parm on top if desired 25 minutes uncovered

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    YukonRon said:
    TN_Egger said:

There is a renewal now, If I am not mistaken. After so many years, you need to go through the process, and pay the fee, again.
    I am going after the conditional approval, My Beautiful Wife and I travel frequently out of country, and once abroad, catch flights. This will be a huge advantage.
    Indeed there is Ron - I had missed that.  It's easy enough to go online and check when yours expires.  Looks like I have another couple of years left on mine. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    YukonRon said:
    TN_Egger said:

Indeed there is Ron - I had missed that.  It's easy enough to go online and check when yours expires.  Looks like I have another couple of years left on mine. 
    Even though there is a renewal, it is WORTH IT.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    I’m concerned you don’t know what ironic means.  Here’s a hint: it’s not like rain on your wedding day, despite what Alanis says.

The fact that absolutely nothing in the song is ironic, in and of itself, is kinda ironic. Dontcha think? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    I just had a slaw dog for an early lunch. I had mustard and ketchup on it along with Vidaila onion. There i said it. It was d@mn good too.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035

TN_Egger said:

Global Entry is awesome. There is nothing more frustrating than getting off a 15 hour flight then having to stand in a passport queue for an hour +. I used to avoid IAD/JFK/ORD/LAX all the time on international trips purely on how bad their passport lines usually were, but with global entry they are in play again.

And if you travel to Asia and qualify for an APEC card get that too.

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just waking up

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Just put on a couple chickens and some potatoes.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    DMW said:
    Just put on a couple chickens and some potatoes.

That pup deserves a $50 dog bowl!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow