Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Got a new Bill Bowl and Brush Scuttle today. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH

ColtsFan said:
    I'll be damned if I'm going to ask what all you're shaving with all that lather.  :o
    This was just a practice lather. I’m not using it to shave. Just working on my technique and peak building. 
    To me lather building and shaving is like anything else, the more you do it the better you get at it. Practice makes perfect as it were. 
    Its real bad weather here today and my knees are really bothering me so I thought I would work on my peaking since I’m stuck indoors. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    I may work on a Williams puck lather next. 

Status- Standing by.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2018
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Buddy, sorry you couldn't make it over this weekend, I really wanted to chat about how to improve my shaving, was hoping you could give me a demonstration.
    Me too brother. My knees have really had me down for the past week. It’s getting to the point that I can’t hardly deal with it. I think I have finally reached the point of no return. Been on the couch just about all day again today. 
    Been there brother. Lived with it for 30 years. Just had one replaced. Like new now.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    bucky925 said:
    30 days till college football!

• SGH
    edited July 2018
    Been there brother. Lived with it for 30 years. Just had one replaced. Like new now.
    I’m going to try and bite the bullet and have both of mine done at the same time if that’s an option. Glad to hear that yours worked out well brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    SGH said:
    I’m going to try and bite the bullet and have both of mine done at the same time if that’s an option. Glad to hear that you’re worked out well brother. 
    It is, pm me if if you have questions. My surgeon is a good friend.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,494
    I hope the buffalo is giving this recent detour a pass here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    We could start a “What are you shaving now?” thread. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,494
    @Eoin - great news right there.  Congrats to him for staying the course and landing the job.  Several drinks are in order  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    lousubcap said:
    If you look back there is all kind of worse things posted in this thread. With that said, the titles itself asks; “What are you doing right now?”. I simply responded in kind. I’m lathering and looking at my new shaving products. If that ruffles the Buffalos mane, he needs to chill out. Shaving is next to Godliness brother Cap =)

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Repairs on a pizza prep reach-in cooler.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    If you look back there is all kind of worse things posted in this thread. With that said, the titles itself asks; “What are you doing right now?”. I simply responded in kind. I’m lathering and looking at my new shaving products. If that ruffles the Buffalos mane, he needs to chill out. Shaving is next to Godliness brother Cap =)
    I just googled "Jesus" and "God" and viewed the image results and no shaving, apparently.   So I would have to kindly argue that there is no relationship between shaving and Godliness, my brother Scottie.

Consequently, I googled "Devil" and looked at the image results, and without exception, shaving was indeed involved.
    In summary, SGH is the devil.  ;)
    Can someone please change the title of this thread to "What are you doing now other than shaving?".
    Amen brother. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    @sgh Scottie the shaving horse is dead...enough already!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,071
    Dig in Scottie your hard work is finally paying off!! =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    edited July 2018
    JRWhitee said:
    I will never stop brother Whitee. Someone must spread the good news. If I steer just one poor soul away from an electric or disposable, then all of my hard work was not done in vain. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    SGH is the devil.  ;)
    So they say. But they say a lot ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I tried googling "shaved scratch" (shaved devil) but typed it wrong ....shaved snatch.  I think I have new appreciation for shaving.
    I tried googling "shaved scratch" (shaved devil) but typed it wrong ....shaved snatch.  I think I have new appreciation for shaving.
    See. Your eyes are opening my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Binge watching The Handmaids Tale. Needless to say. It’s a very different show.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SGH
    JRWhitee said:
    You know folks use to say the very same thing about me calling everyone brother, sister and/or my friend. Same as me using Buffalo or Buffaloed. Look now though. Most everyone says those very things now. 
    Its my sincere hope that shaving will catch on just as those did. 

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    edited July 2018
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    You know folks use to say the very same thing about me calling everyone brother, sister and/or my friend. Same as me using Buffalo or Buffaloed. Look now though. Most everyone says those very things now. 
    Its my sincere hope that shaving will catch on just as those did. 
    Been using electric for 40 years now, probably not switching, I love your passion though.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SamIAm2 said:
    Brunswick Stew 
    One of my personal favorites. Sadly I seldom make it anymore. I need to get back in the game though.  

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    SamIAm2 said:
    Brunswick Stew on the large. trying to get done before our daily afternoon storms.
    That smells great!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,993
    Looking at flights for visiting Israel in October.  Itineraries range from 12hrs to 28hrs.  None of them look all that appealing.

Always a challenge with these things to balance convenience against price.  Mostly I'm just looking at flights with only one connection, and not through CDG (which I hate more than ATL).   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike