Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    ColtsFan said:
    Filing a warranty claim on the red one. Firebox...Noticed it yesterday

Not to start a controversy, but I submitted my claim at 10:04AM via email and I received a reply at 10:45 from a rep. My case has been closed and they say the new firebox will ship in 5-7 days.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    They're probably so used to issuing warranty claims that they're super fast and efficient with it  B)
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    Flying Jet Blue to Newark tomorrow morning. 
    I'm sorry. I hope you have a good time, but Newark, I'm sorry.
    Someone told me today that Newark is actually the best airport to fly into to get to NYC.  I’m skeptical, but after spending a lot of time at LaGuardia, I’m willing to listen...
    I feel bad in general for folks who have to fly to NY.  Acela Express is the way to go.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    What makes an airport great?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    jeffwit said:
    no shot up dead people on the way in =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    WeberWho said:
    I had a chance to go check out the local Q joint that opened last month. I didn't leave hungry 

Where's this at? I gotta check it out!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    FrostyEgg said:
    WeberWho said:
    I had a chance to go check out the local Q joint that opened last month. I didn't leave hungry 

Where's this at? I gotta check it out!
    Buddy Boy BBQ in St. Boni. Open Saturdays from 10-2 or until they run out. I talked to the owner and he's a great guy. I recommend the brisket by the pound when ordering. You'll get the point of the brisket when you order it that way.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    JethroVA said:
    @Killit_and_Grillit here's how the progression of child rearing goes. 

1st baby - drops pacifier on floor. Parents spend next hour sanitizing it in boiling water. 

2nd baby - drops pacifier on floor.  Parents let dog lick the lint off.

3rd baby: Mom: "Honey, where's the baby?"  Dad: " I thought you had her." 

Someone on TV was talking about teachers' workload and how they have to spend time dealing with parents asking about the comments written in exercise books. We are on number 5 at secondary school now (nearly 14), we have no idea what's written in his books, what homework he has or when his exams are. You definitely get more relaxed about stuff the more kids you raise.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    My grandfathers shaving mug from a barbershop in Rome, GA
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,026
    jeffwit said:
    Mostly you don’t notice or think about it.  Easy in, easy out.  Reliable connections.  Decent to hang out in when you are stuck or have longer connection.
    Not a felon
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    That eggplant looks great @SonVolt. Details? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    edited July 2018
    That eggplant looks great @SonVolt. Details? 

I just took a paring knife and slit them in half lengthwise, then scored them in a cross-hatch pattern about 1/2' deep. Drizzle with olive oil so it runs into the scores... it'll suck up all the oil you throw at it and may look dry by the time you're ready to cook it, so it may help to drizzle it again just before it hits the grill. Grill cut-side-down over intense heat until well browned then flip cut-side-up, still over high heat. Season top side with whatever - I used salt, pepper and the glaze I was using on the tenderloin.  You want to see the flesh start bubbling, like it's roasting and boiling away in its own skin, about 10-15 minutes.  I topped it with a yogurt, cumin, lemon juice blend. 

The skin will be charred and uneatable - this is ok, just eat it like a baked potato and don't worry about eating the skin. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    ColtsFan said:
    Filing a warranty claim on the red one. Firebox...Noticed it yesterday

My KJ Jr. has had a crack like that for three years. Still holding together just fine so I haven't bothered with the warranty yet.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    Sitting outside doing a little work and listening to Taylor Swift. I really hope she lands in my backyard  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting outside doing a little work and listening to Taylor Swift. I really hope she lands in my backyard  
    Do you have an airport behind your house?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting outside doing a little work while the kids are listening to Taylor Swift. I really hope she lands in my backyard  

Please tell me that I fixed that for you.

Phoenix 
  • ColtsFan
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Dammit! That's the missing piece. Do you know if she has a helicopter? I can accommodate a helicopter. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    ColtsFan said:
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Dammit! That's the missing piece. Do you know if she has a helicopter? I can accommodate a helicopter. 
    Really not sure, that didn't come up in our conversations.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • ColtsFan
    blasting said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting outside doing a little work while the kids are listening to Taylor Swift. I really hope she lands in my backyard  

Please tell me that I fixed that for you.

Nope. Kid free zone here with the exception of a couple mutts. 

Why you hating on Tay Tay? 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1214835/the-quest-for-the-perfect-banh-mi-poboy-sat-july-28th/p4

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,993
    Legume said:
    jeffwit said:
    Mostly you don’t notice or think about it.  Easy in, easy out.  Reliable connections.  Decent to hang out in when you are stuck or have longer connection.
    I'd add plenty of places to sit and plug in, free wifi, decent eating options for quick eats or if you have a longer layover, to sit down for a halfway-decent meal.  All of these things are generally incompatible with the airports that are really busy.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Legume said:
    jeffwit said:
    I'd add plenty of places to sit and plug in, free wifi, decent eating options for quick eats or if you have a longer layover, to sit down for a halfway-decent meal.  All of these things are generally incompatible with the airports that are really busy.  
    Pop-eyes.  Duh!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,993
    Legume said:
    jeffwit said:
    Pop-eyes.  Duh!
    Yeah except with all those people there, the line is always pretty long, and with the typical short connection in ATL... no bueno. Trust me, I have tried to grab Popeye’s the last three times I was in the ATL airport, and so far no chicken for me.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    @JohnInCarolina - next scheduled air trip through ATL (mid Sep)  I have a decent connect window planned (bend over with that thought) since I am headed across the pond.  I have every intention of nailing Popeye's.  Truth be told I have never eaten fried chix at any airport venue. Cherry in the queue...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - next scheduled air trip through ATL (mid Sep)  I have a decent connect window planned (bend over with that thought) since I am headed across the pond.  I have every intention of nailing Popeye's.  Truth be told I have never eaten fried chix at any airport venue. Cherry in the queue...
    Morning is best. Two strips of chicken inside (well sticking out both sides considerably) a biscuit. Get the spicy....no weemping regardless if it is an overseas flight Frank. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow