Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    CPFC1905 said:
    Remembering that I am a lifelong F1 and loving every moment of this terrific sport.  
    (This opinion is valid until next weekend and I reserve the right to completely change my mind depending on Hamilton's performance  =) 
    @Eoin
    Yep - still a fan.  Go Lewis.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    35th anniversary of an all time great movie

Wow do i feel old.  Great movie.  Christie...oh Christie.

Phoenix 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Remembering that I am a lifelong F1 and loving every moment of this terrific sport.  
    (This opinion is valid until next weekend and I reserve the right to completely change my mind depending on Hamilton's performance  =) 
    @Eoin
    Yep - still a fan.  Go Lewis.
    Otherwise engaged today. Great wet qualifying by the sound of it. Good to see Vettel struggling now, GO LEWIS.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    making salsa 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,071
     I have ordered RW from our local ace a couple times.    Last winter they had a small KJ and bag of KJ Charcoal behind the front counter, the teller was laughing at its size and how much it cost.
      A couple days ago I was going to order again online but it said "pick up as early as today"... does that mean they have it in stock?   So the next time I was in town I swung in and no RW but they did have that same bag of KJ (covered in dust) so I bought it.
     The next day I needed some parts for my knife grinder and what did I see? RW! I bought that bag immediately...  I think I will buy every one they have separately and slowly build my stock, this way they think its moving well and I will be ready for winter!
     I think it is safe to say I am the only one within 30 miles of that Ace hardware who knows what lump charcoal is or would buy a bag for 24.99.
     Finally I will keep a eye on that KJ, it is small like a MM and eventually they will get tired of tripping over it! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    golf, wings and tri-tip 

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Big Oak , must for anyone close to the Crystal Coast. Next up The Chef and the Farmer next week.
    Was at CaF a couple of weeks ago. Susan waited our table and the experience was exceptional, as usual. 

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Lunch on the flat side of my Grill Grates. 
    Nice lunch!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    ColtsFan said:
    This ^^^^^^^ I especially like. Shave on my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Looks like you could use a good shave @theyolksonyou
    Agree. The man needs to stand a little closer to the Muhle.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    Well, it finally happened. Two years of egging and I haven't had it happen to me yet...until today.

The infamous "backdraft"  =)

• SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    Well, it finally happened. Two years of egging and I haven't had it happen to me yet...until today.

The infamous "backdraft"  =)

A simple 2 pass shave will slick that right up my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    Question my friend. Looking at your brush I can see you run a real thin lather. Do you prefer slickness over cushion when shaving with a DE?
    We all have our preference, was just curious as to yours. I like both so something I run thick for cushion and other times I run thinner for the slickness. Usually depends on the blade I’m using and how many passes I’m doing.  

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    @Sea2Ski - definitely nailed those-great eats for sure!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Question my friend. Looking at your brush I can see you run a real thin lather. Do you prefer slickness over cushion when shaving with a DE?
    We all have our preference, was just curious as to yours. I like both so something I run thick for cushion and other times I run thinner for the slickness. Usually depends on the blade I’m using and how many passes I’m doing.  
    That was third pass. I like a thinner lather for it. I start out quite a bit thicker and thin down as I go. Currently using a Derby blade 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444

Roasting tomatillos for salsa, to go over pulled pork that is currently FTCing.

Chicken going on next, for chicken salad for lunches.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    lousubcap said:
    @Sea2Ski - definitely nailed those-great eats for sure!
    Thanks Frank. That was the end of step1. I went 60 mins.
    Then I got distracted by unexpected visitors as I was getting ready for step two. So the ends sat out for thirty mins. I realized they were out so Iquickly foil wrapped and back in the egg w/o the butter brown sugar or honey for another hour.  I just added those goodies.
    Uncharted territory now. I let you know where we end up.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Killer cook Mark.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • My son started crawling yesterday. Went from 3 feet to all the way across the house in 12 hours. 

My wife is at the airport leaving for a week long work trip as we speak. 

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    My son started crawling yesterday. Went from 3 feet to all the way across the house in 12 hours. 

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    Start bagging the ice.....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    This one has a roof. No need to worry about potential rain.  ;)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    My son started crawling yesterday. Went from 3 feet to all the way across the house in 12 hours. 

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    When they (chillin) learn to work the microwave, you can leave them home alone. Something to look forward to.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Drankin.
    And got the mini max coming up to temp for some poke chops.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    And notice my thermapen has flames. The fastest thermapen they make.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio