Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    blasting said:

Congrats @johnnyp!

Congrats Johnny!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,022
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    Here’s a hack to keep your table or nest wings from getting nasty. 
    You need longer tongs.
    Compensating.
    I know tongs. I have the best tongs.
    Yuge?  Made in Giiiiiiina?
    Not a felon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    edited July 2018
    johnnyp said:

Some stuff happened with us today 
    Excellent,....beautiful picture right there.  Congrats!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Watching the Blood moon rise on a rooftop bar.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    There is no reasonable explanation for me to pay attention to this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/223074712953?roken=cUgayN

However, I've always thought the Corvette Stingray was quite possibly the most awesome car ever produced.

Ah, crap...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    johnnyp said:

Awesome man!!!  Congrats!!!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    I was on standby, and somehow my bags made it on to an earlier flight, but I didn't get off standby.   Not a real big deal as I was still booked on a later flight... until that one got cancelled.  I'm currently rebooked on a flight out of here at 8am tomorrow that doesn't get me home until 6pm because I'm connecting through Cincinnati and ... you guessed it... Atlanta, before finally flying home to RDU.

Delta also would not give me a hotel voucher, so I booked myself into a Marriott nearby.   
    I would follow up with Delta with a certified letter (with a CC: to your law firm, "Dewey, Skrewem & Howe") stating that your luggage left and you didn't the same day, AND had to wait until 6 the next evening (assuming you get home then, is there a Land Rover dealer nearby?)  I'm really getting fed up with these airline Fat Cats screwing folks over, again and again...

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    johnnyp said:

Woo hoo!! Congrats! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,691
    edited July 2018
    Well I just got royally kicked in the nads by mother nature and Delta airlines.

I was on standby, and somehow my bags made it on to an earlier flight, but I didn't get off standby.   Not a real big deal as I was still booked on a later flight... until that one got cancelled.  I'm currently rebooked on a flight out of here at 8am tomorrow that doesn't get me home until 6pm because I'm connecting through Cincinnati and ... you guessed it... Atlanta, before finally flying home to RDU.

Delta also would not give me a hotel voucher, so I booked myself into a Marriott nearby.  Little did I know said Marriott does not have any place to eat, because they are renovating their restaurant.  That would have been helpful to know *before* I booked a room, you aholes.  

I have terrible friggin luck traveling.  
    Do these people know who they are messing with Mr. Secretary aka Your Excellency? 
  • DMW
    I stopped by Meadow Creek this afternoon to check about how to file a warranty claim. Turns out that since they now have an employee with email, the process is much easier than before. And, they'll dispatch two dudes to swap the base on my XXL for $75-80. Yes please.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,595
    @johnnyp and @BrookieP  Congrats!!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    johnnyp said:

One beautiful kid right there...Good job!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    On the Border - Eagles Tribute Band playing on the Lawrenceville Lawn. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    JRWhitee said:
    On the Border - Eagles Tribute Band playing on the Lawrenceville Lawn. 
    At this point, they’re likely better than the eagles 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    Well I just got royally kicked in the nads by mother nature and Delta airlines.

Delta also would not give me a hotel voucher, so I booked myself into a Marriott nearby.  Little did I know said Marriott does not have any place to eat, because they are renovating their restaurant.  That would have been helpful to know *before* I booked a room, you aholes.  

I have terrible friggin luck traveling.  
    John candy will be by soon to give you a ride.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DMW
    I was trying to post that exact thing, but I was out on the patio on my phone. And...bourbon...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• theyolksonyou
    DMW said:
    I was trying to post that exact thing, but I was out on the patio on my phone. And...bourbon...
    Honestly, took my three tries.  Couch and whiskey...
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    No bags.  My bags are headed to Raleigh, where they will hopefully sit unmolested at baggage claim for 24 hrs.  What could possibly go wrong?
    Hope you did not to put your keys in your checked luggage...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Sea2Ski said:
    johnnyp said:

Let me guess:  pull temp was just over 98F followed by a wrap and rest?
    Congratulations @johnnyp
    I think the wrap was the missing part.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Oh. You mean after the cook. 
  • frazzdaddy
    edited July 2018
    Way to go @Johnnyp!!
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Sunset pict from rooftop bar. Waiting for the moon to rise. Picts from the beach if the clouds clear later.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.