Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,989
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - Just got really hosed by American Airlines in LGA Monday.  I Could not agree more with your comments.  The gate area where I spent 5 friggin hours (shoulda been 90 minutes in the AM) did not have a single restaurant or bar.  Of course after four gate changes and one board then off-load  to another plane we finally escaped.  
    Good luck and safe travels.  
    See my comment above.  Not the best of luck today for me my friend.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    mlc2013 said:

Legume said:
    mlc2013 said:
    Legume said:
    Got up early to start my new shave routine.
    please dont start posting theres enough of that going around LOL. 
    How did the first of your new moring routine  work out for you

Thank you for asking, I will honor your request to not post.
    Well you never really answered, do you still have a face in talc?  

FTFY   :)

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,022
    Well I just got royally kicked in the nads by mother nature and Delta airlines.

I was on standby, and somehow my bags made it on to an earlier flight, but I didn't get off standby.   Not a real big deal as I was still booked on a later flight... until that one got cancelled.  I'm currently rebooked on a flight out of here at 8am tomorrow that doesn't get me home until 6pm because I'm connecting through Cincinnati and ... you guessed it... Atlanta, before finally flying home to RDU.

Delta also would not give me a hotel voucher, so I booked myself into a Marriott nearby.  Little did I know said Marriott does not have any place to eat, because they are renovating their restaurant.  That would have been helpful to know *before* I booked a room, you aholes.  

I have terrible friggin luck traveling.  
    So you don’t have your bags?  I was going to say, it sounds like you could use a good shave to  relax.  Maybe just get into the whiskey instead.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,989
    edited July 2018
    Legume said:

I was on standby, and somehow my bags made it on to an earlier flight, but I didn't get off standby.   Not a real big deal as I was still booked on a later flight... until that one got cancelled.  I'm currently rebooked on a flight out of here at 8am tomorrow that doesn't get me home until 6pm because I'm connecting through Cincinnati and ... you guessed it... Atlanta, before finally flying home to RDU.

Delta also would not give me a hotel voucher, so I booked myself into a Marriott nearby.  Little did I know said Marriott does not have any place to eat, because they are renovating their restaurant.  That would have been helpful to know *before* I booked a room, you aholes.  

So you don’t have your bags?  I was going to say, it sounds like you could use a good shave to  relax.  Maybe just get into the whiskey instead.
    No bags.  My bags are headed to Raleigh, where they will hopefully sit unmolested at baggage claim for 24 hrs.  What could possibly go wrong?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810

Why didn’t you fly on your private jet? Just felt like slumming it today?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    lousubcap said: ....hi
    @YukonRon - great gesture and that sounds like it's going to be very much enjoyed.  Off your game just means you are toying with us pedestrians.  Enjoy the remainder of the cook and especially the evening.  
    Thank you for the kind words, Frank. Means a lot.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Sea2Ski said:
    YukonRon said:
    I am cooking ribs for this evening, we are celebrating a very dear friend's completion of Chemo. A long way to go, but every journey begins with the first single step.
    She asked for ribs. I am Low and slow smoking some BBs with peach....
    I am doing similar tomorrow   The mother was diagnosed with breast cancer (caught It early) 2 years ago. After a 3 months of aggressive treatments, double mastectomy. The father, was diagnosed 3 months ago with stage 1 testicular cancer. He is now stage four and they found it in his lymph nodes.  He has to decide how he wants to proceed by Monday. Treatments or not.  They have a 6 year old and 11 year old.

As soon as something does not go as planned or my way, I think of this family. 

Pork butt tomorrow, then will be shredded and vac packed in 1.5 lbs packages. It is the least I can do at this time. 
    Bless you brother. We all need to take a step back from time to time and realize how well we have it.
    A wise lady told me many years ago as a young stupid kid "If you put your problems in a pile with a few other folks, you would be pulling yours back out, because it is nowhere near as severe when compared to their troubles."
    Dude, I get it. I really do.
    Forum folks are the best.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Coming to you live and marginally altered from Emerald Isle N C. Enjoying one of Ashevilles finest feeling very grateful , GBA ,  for all the challenges we have ,still...GBA
    I’ve cracked many a cold one on EI. Was there the better part of the first 3 weeks of July. Came back to the QC last weekend to work a little, get a few things done, but should be back that way 2 weeks from now.  Enjoy the beach!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,489
    @JohnInCarolina too bad this cluster didn't run to conclusion at the beginning of the day.  You coulda driven home with a whole lot less aggravation.  
    I would explore different routing next time.  That's way too many chances for hic-cups.  The only reason I swallow AA and LGA is the non-stop aspect both ways.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    See Cluck & Squeal Post!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

Did they include the complimentary kick to the groin?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,692
    You lost me at Bryan Adams... 
  • DMW
    Just in case there is any confusion. I did not bump "Disagree" while scrolling on my phone. I am using my Surface Pro with a keyboard. The "Disagree" was intentional.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DMW said:
    Just in case there is any confusion. I did not bump "Disagree" while scrolling on my phone. I am using my Surface Pro with a keyboard. The "Disagree" was intentional.
    I can handle it...
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2018
    Coldplay and u2 here. Pink Floyd on deck.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Everything I do, I do it for you 
  • DMW
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    Everything I do, I do it for you 

• DMW
    johnnyp said:

Some stuff happened with us today 
    Congrats! Need the specs. Boy/girl, weight, length. JK, so happy for the both of you.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    Here’s a hack to keep your table or nest wings from getting nasty. 
  • DMW
    You need longer tongs.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    johnnyp said:

Some stuff happened with us today 
    Awesomeness! Cutie Pie. Congrats to both of you. Hope Mom is doing well. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    DMW said:
    You need longer tongs.
    Compensating.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
  • DMW
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    You need longer tongs.
    Compensating.
    I know tongs. I have the best tongs.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA