Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    ^^^LGA??^^^
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    ATL of course.  Just ask @bgebrent
  • mlc2013
    LGA  is my favorite I flown in and out of Atlanta a few times and never had a problem there’s delays at LGA if someone farts while boarding the plane 
    Long Island NY    
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    SonVolt said:
    I once saw a stripper in New Orleans instantly stack a roll of quarters, but I'll spare you the details. 
    Just a shot in the dark here, but was that at the old Big Mammas by chance?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    SGH said:
    SonVolt said:
    I once saw a stripper in New Orleans instantly stack a roll of quarters, but I'll spare you the details. 

I can't remember the name and can't google it at work. I just remember being amazed that strippers were literally standing in the doorways luring tourists in from the streets. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    SonVolt said:
    SGH said:
    SonVolt said:

I can't remember the name and can't google it at work. I just remember being amazed that strippers were literally standing in the doorways luring tourists in from the streets. 
    Did it have a swing on the overhead balcony with a pair of legs swinging in and out over the ledge?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,691
    SGH said:
    SonVolt said:
    I bet ol’ girl used an R41 downstairs 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    SonVolt said:
    stacking is the easy part, making change is more difficult for a stripper ;)
    I have actually seen that. A quarter turned in to two dimes and a nickle.  Damnest thing I’ve ever witnessed in my life.
    Always carry Susan B Anthony coins to the strip joint. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    SonVolt said:
    stacking is the easy part, making change is more difficult for a stripper ;)
    I have actually seen that. A quarter turned in to two dimes and a nickle.  Damnest thing I’ve ever witnessed in my life.
    Always carry Susan B Anthony coins to the strip joint. 
    Go to the Top of the Hill in Columbia (The Platinum)to get your two dollar bills. Always a dead giveaway as to where you’ve been. Lol. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    Please reach out to your loved ones and let them know that you love them.  
    Went on a call yesterday where an anonymous caller heard a man screaming inside his home about killing himself...
    Long story short, we got this man the help he needed that night. There was a perfectly tied noose with a brand new rope hanging from a tree in the back yard.
    Always take the time to reach out.
    Las Vegas, NV

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited July 2018

Good post ^ @Battleborn

It comes right after I watched the video below from my news feed.  Holy crap - talk about overreactions.  Who does this?!  I actually heard this happened in your stomping grounds.

EDIT - It's a big fight, if you don't want to see that sort of thing.  It's loud if you watch at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDxFLae_bKQ
    Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    blasting said:

Good post ^ @Battleborn

It comes right after I watched the video below from my news feed.  Holy crap - talk about overreactions.  Who does this?!  I actually heard this happened in your stomping grounds.

EDIT - It's a big fight, if you don't want to see that sort of thing.  It's loud if you watch at work.

That’s Baby D from Next Friday! 

• blasting
    blasting said:

Good post ^ @Battleborn

That’s Baby D from Next Friday! 

Had to google that.  All I know is if I ever see that Mickey D's manager, I will definitely be respecting her mama.  She fights like Tank Abbott.

Phoenix 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SonVolt said:
    Improvised a cauliflower gratin last night that came out way better than I expected.  Dumped the florets into the cast iron pan used to previously cook the hamburger steak, so it had lots of beef fat and crusty fondy bits. After it had softened a bit I transferred to a roasting pan with some heavy cream and white cheddar and popped it in the oven. 

Cauliflower gratin. Is that the up market name for cauliflower cheese? Hope you put some dijon mustard in the roux.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Conviction, lack of:  picking up a metal chair during a fight, and then letting your antagonist calmly pull it away from you.  :fearful:

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Did yardwork today. My Beautiful Wife made me BLTs. Holy mother of all things right in this world, these are delicious.
    Dukes, of course.
    I hope she keeps me around.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SonVolt
    edited July 2018
    Eoin said:
    SonVolt said:
    Improvised a cauliflower gratin last night that came out way better than I expected.  Dumped the florets into the cast iron pan used to previously cook the hamburger steak, so it had lots of beef fat and crusty fondy bits. After it had softened a bit I transferred to a roasting pan with some heavy cream and white cheddar and popped it in the oven. 

Cauliflower gratin. Is that the up market name for cauliflower cheese? Hope you put some dijon mustard in the roux.

I don't know? "Gratin" is a pretty common word here, and I'm in the Southern US which isn't exactly know for up-scaling its dish names. Never heard the phrase "cauliflower cheese" before.  Either way, no mustard or roux in my gratins since it's baked. If I was making a gooey stove-top version I'd use a thickener. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • blasting
    Botch said:
    Conviction, lack of:  picking up a metal chair during a fight, and then letting your antagonist calmly pull it away from you.  :fearful:

Lol.  And to start the fight, she threw a milkshake on her own head.

Phoenix 
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited July 2018
    ^^^ slop above looks like Jason Kruger's face in Halloween
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Wondering if I should take a position in Facebook stock.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SonVolt
    Down $42 currently. Time to buy. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    blasting said:

Good post ^ @Battleborn

That is pretty crazy,  and could certainly see that happening. Lack of free soda gets people crazy when it's 115 outside.
    Las Vegas, NV

• mlc2013
    Jut Looking at buying a new truck anyone have any experience with these?

Long Island NY    
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Mayo Ice Cream - yay or nay?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    edited July 2018
    That’s super nice @The_Stache
    Thanks!  Many hours left to get it up and running

PS This is a friends car that I agreed to help restore.  Tomorrow, brake lines and...
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    That’s super nice @The_Stache
    Thanks!  Many hours left to get it up and running

PS This is a friends car that I agreed to help restore.  Tomorrow, brake lines and...
    Your garage looks amazing.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio