Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    I am heading down to join SWIMBO at the beach tomorrow. Just found out she was out running on the beach with the dogs. Seagulls interfered, pile of wife and dogs ensued resulting in three broken toes. Going to be a long painful weekend.  
    OUCH!!!!! Good luck!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just got word that my career change might be happening sooner than I thought! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

Is this a good or bad thing? If its a bad thing, Sorry to hear that. We have all been there. If its a good thing, what are you going to be doing?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    A couple of Boston's for pulled pork tomorrow for a surgeon leaving our hospital. Nothing special. I added a chunk of cherry and was really surprised at the color after two hours. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • milesvdustin

Is this a good or bad thing? If its a bad thing, Sorry to hear that. We have all been there. If its a good thing, what are you going to be doing?
    Good thing! 

Going to get a job in the fed side of things in corrections. I have 12 years active duty I am going to buy back to stoke my pension, and i can start jamming my tsp account again. 

I am in sales right now and it sucks. 

• Last day in our nation's Capitol. I'm beat.  Enjoying some bourbon and getting ready for the last meal. I've really enjoyed the food as I've posted, but taking the boys to see our history, our architecture, our heritage and our beliefs has been special. 

Air and Space, American History and Natural History were big hits. 
    Capitol tour and Library of Congress made an impression.
    reading all the inscriptions at FDR, Lincoln, MLK, and (for me) Jefferson were inspiring 
    Holocaust museum was touching and enraging

This morning was Arlington. There were 26 funerals today. We watched the changing of the guard with probably 200 others in total silence, except for the two 21 gun salutes that went off during. (Maybe three shot volley is the proper term). We got to then see an Army wreath laying ceremony. Again, total silence except for taps. We saw a coffin being transported on a horse drawn cart. We heard a band playing at a distant grave side. We rode thru the final resting place of some 430,000 heroes and their families.  Today was special. What a country. 
    Man, I know we butt heads, but I have to say, everything about this post is awesome. Great dad and great memories. 
    Snellville, GA

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    milesvdustin said:
    I have 12 years active duty I am going to buy back to stoke my pension, and i can start jamming my tsp account again. 

Miles, I had no idea you were Active Duty.  Which Service, and what did you do?  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Good job yolk, good vacation. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I simultaneously love and hate you.
    The weather here is glorious. I won’t lie. The fresh produce is incredible. It’s hard to eat out because it’s so much fun to cook all this great food. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,067
    @nolaegghead did you get your whip back together? I may have missed it, just curious.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    This morning was Arlington. There were 26 funerals today. We watched the changing of the guard with probably 200 others in total silence, except for the two 21 gun salutes that went off during. (Maybe three shot volley is the proper term). We got to then see an Army wreath laying ceremony. Again, total silence except for taps. We saw a coffin being transported on a horse drawn cart. We heard a band playing at a distant grave side. We rode thru the final resting place of some 430,000 heroes and their families.  Today was special. What a country. 
    You have made the investment in your children's future that is priceless.  I only wish that all could experience what you did today.  Thank-you.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    Since I'm on a roll, Last weekend I made another pilgrimage to the Nine Eleven Memorial.  Hadn't been there in three years.  I would encourage all who read this to make that a bucket list experience at the top of the list.  
    The designers, architects and engineers who conceptualized, designed and developed that site deserve the highest recognition for getting it right.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Loading my shaving brush. I hope @SGH approves of my technique. Always been a soap guy. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    9:00pm. Children wanted wings. I am doing wings.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Portofino’s ristorante Italians & Pizza tonight in Charlotte. Their Arrabbiata Pizza is a personal favorite of mine.

They make a nice pie there. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    We just found my dad's high school buddy's name on the wall at the Vietnam War Memorial. 

The govment brought a mini version to Columbia a couple of years back. A great memorial. We enjoyed it...and know you did as well. Great picture by the way.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,595
    Portofino’s ristorante Italians & Pizza tonight in Charlotte. Their Arrabbiata Pizza is a personal favorite of mine.

One of our favorite places to eat....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Install in Orlando today.

Edit. This should've posted yesterday.  Said "you don't have permission to do this". Good ole Vanilla :dizzy:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • milesvdustin
    @Botch i did 12 years in the Marines, 2004-2016. I was an avionics tech on Hueys and Cobra helicopters. Last three years i was a recruiting sncoic. That was the last straw so I got out and took a sales job in hvac. Really good job but the benefits are better fed side. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    lousubcap said:
    Since I'm on a roll, Last weekend I made another pilgrimage to the Nine Eleven Memorial.  Hadn't been there in three years.  I would encourage all who read this to make that a bucket list experience at the top of the list.  
    The designers, architects and engineers who conceptualized, designed and developed that site deserve the highest recognition for getting it right.  

Amy and I were there about five yrs ago and it wasn’t quiet ready.  Would love to go back.  
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515

Which location? If you were at the Arboretum you were about 2 miles from me. I would have bought you a beer (or 2).
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    ColtsFan said:
    Loading my shaving brush. I hope @SGH approves of my technique. Always been a soap guy. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited July 2018
    A good friend that lives just across town came by tonight. His family is in Greece, mine is in California. We had bourbon (Woodford DO) and cigars. Good times, probably been over a year since we hung out. Life gets busy, remember to take the time to press pause every once in awhile.

P.S. - I'm really glad my lunch meeting in Hoboken that was scheduled for tomorrow was moved to next Thursday... 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    NCSmoky said:
    Which location? If you were at the Arboretum you were about 2 miles from me. I would have bought you a beer (or 2).
    @NCSmoky, I remember talking to you at BB III. Guess I forgot that you lived so close. I’m relatively close to Arboretum too, near Brace Y (used to be Siskey). We need to get together for a couple adult beverages. Ever venture into Matthews for their beer scene?
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle