Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Bout to hit some Lebanese/Mediterranean food

coming up 

caviar, grape leaves, other veggies, bronzino, squid, snails, lamb/beef meat balls. 

If if I can get the pics from Amy I’ll post both meals.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Bout to hit some Lebanese/Mediterranean food

coming up 

caviar, grape leaves, other veggies, bronzino, squid, snails, lamb/beef meat balls. 

If if I can get the pics from Amy I’ll post both meals.  
    That sounds amazing.  Enjoy man.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @theyolksonyou grape leaves? Hand over your man card.

now. :minus_one:
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    Just got back from a long weekend food and brewery trip to NYC with oldest son (31 yrs today).  Great time til the east coast weather and American Airlines got into the mix.  Fortunately after 4 gate changes (LGA) and a head-fake (on the plane-off the plane) landed around 3 hours late.  It had been a long time since I had flown into LGA and it will be even longer til the next time.  Once thru security-no restaurants or bars available.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Just got into Michigan, started in St Louis, now working in the lab in Mt Clem. Long day, with a long night to follow.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • @theyolksonyou don’t listen to @Jeremiah grape leaves are awesome. Upcoming Wing Ding Just has his big girl panties all in a bunch. 

There was a Mediterranean restaurant in my old neighborhood that did stuffed grape leaves. They were killer  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @theyolksonyou don’t listen to @Jeremiah grape leaves are awesome. Upcoming Wing Ding Just has his big girl panties all in a bunch. 

There was a Mediterranean restaurant in my old neighborhood that did stuffed grape leaves. They were killer  
    Says the guy with the Brent level excuse for not showing to wing ding. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    China Chilcano 

Duck confit with shiitake 

Octopus, conch, fish ceviche 

Dim sum

Dim Sum with poached quail egg and gold

Pork belly with chocolate and peanuts 
  • theyolksonyou
    Both these restaurants are Jose Andres places. 

Also, so happy to have kids that will try different foods.  They at least tried all these dishes and like most of it.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    I was in the mood for fried crap tonight so I fried the only things in the house. Nothing special, only had okra, hush puppies and steak fingers. Not bad for something thrown together on a whim and fried in dirty grease. 

That's pretty special right there. I need to come down to visit and learn how to deep fry in the style of Dixie.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    edited July 2018
    DMW said:
    I need to come down to visit and learn how to deep fry in the style of Dixie.
    Come on down brother D. I have a 17.5 gallon fryer, a 12 gallon fryer and a 6 gallon fryer. On top of that I have a 160 quart and a 120 quart pot that is dedicated to deep frying. We can fry anything from simple chops all the way up to whole cow heads. Take your pick ole buddy and we will fry it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @DMW
    Im going to cold fry a small Boston Butt this weekend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeremiah said:
    @theyolksonyou don’t listen to @Jeremiah grape leaves are awesome. Upcoming Wing Ding Just has his big girl panties all in a bunch. 

Says the guy with the Brent level excuse for not showing to wing ding. 

Don't start with me. My sister in law is getting married. I'm not using my profession to avoid a humiliating loss of a chicken wing trophy.  ;)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Come on down brother D. I have a 17.5 gallon fryer, a 12 gallon fryer 
    WTF!?  You have pictures of these?
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    No. I just made that $hit up ;)

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    I hope not. I've just spent a good bit of time checking out flights, cars, and hotels. And, now to hear that this is all made up $hit, that's pretty disappointing. You might just get a text from me tomorrow... 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    biggest fryer I've ever seen was a pot that held about 50 gallons that was being used to crank out cracklins at Jazz fest.
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Since we are being honest here, I don’t even own a Muhle R41 :s

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    SGH said:
    Since we are being honest here, I don’t even own a Muhle R41 :s
    Y’all know that’s a lie. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Why are 3rd world country's roads better than 95% of Detroit's?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    YukonRon said:
    Why are 3rd world country's roads better than 95% of Detroit's?
    @YukonRon
    It is pathetic. The only benefit I see to these terrible roads is that on my way home from other states, I stay awake while driving because of the potholes!

In fact, a recent examination of U.S. Census data shows that Michigan invests less in transportation per capita than every other state in America.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/michigan/pothole-questions-why-are-ohios-roads-better-than-michigans-roads
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Sea2Ski said:
    Festering at the DFW airport....delays, cancelations....I love the suspense of air travel.
    It is important that you love what you do.

Got to sleep around 1:30 AM last night. Who needs sleep. B)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Sea2Ski said:
    Festering at the DFW airport....delays, cancelations....I love the suspense of air travel.
    It is important that you love what you do.

Got to sleep around 1:30 AM last night. Who needs sleep. B)
    Do you have your keys or did you check them?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Back in my old hood stocking up.