Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Bout to throw down in some Peruvian-Asian fusion.  Ceviche, shashimi, dim sum, duck confit and pork belly with chocolate.  More to come.  

China Chilcano
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    house cleaned up more or less.  friends watching teevee... I excused myself to work on the car... 
    Tried my first pizzas. Canadian bacon and pineapple, Margahreta, meatlovers. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Tried my first pizzas. Canadian bacon and pineapple, Margahreta, meatlovers. 
    Here you go brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Ty sir.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534

Thanks to inspiration from yall.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Being lazy right now, even though I need to unpack.

Went camping and cooked most of the food for 15 people this weekend on the Blackstone and MiniMax. Its amazing how much food the Blackstone will crank out. With a little planning a lot of people get fed in a hurry.

Made smashburgers, hotdogs, brats, hashbrowns, breakfast sausage, eggs, chicken breasts, pork chops, and biscuits.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Well England couldn't bring home the FIFA World Cup but maybe they'll win the Rugby World Cup Sevens. We'll know in a few minutes.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• johnnyp said:
    TTC said:
    Bo > Popeye’s
    Biscuitville > Bo > Popeye’s 
    We had biscuitville for the first time on our way home from NCBB18.

not impressed.
    What the F is biscuitville?!?  I barely stomached Waffle House while @possumtrot tried to figure out what ragaee country rap was and why it was on repeat on the juke box.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Nope.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    Cashfan said:

Went camping and cooked most of the food for 15 people this weekend on the Blackstone and MiniMax. Its amazing how much food the Blackstone will crank out. With a little planning a lot of people get fed in a hurry.

Made smashburgers, hotdogs, brats, hashbrowns, breakfast sausage, eggs, chicken breasts, pork chops, and biscuits.
    Biscuits on a flat top? Tell me more...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Making some BLTs for dinner, since it is National BLT day.

Using the big kitchen timer, since it is 108 right now.  I'm a big baby.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    The closest thing to a good ff biscuit in ohio is chick fila chicken egg cheese  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    SOS for last few weeks...looking forward to getting this completed and better days ahead. 

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Place is insane isn’t it.  I’m not a huge cowboys fan fun I have been to several cowboys game and a Longhorn game. Always a great time. It’s crazy how big that place is. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Finishing up a rough weekend here at work. Still fighting this chest cold which isnt helping. I'm over dealing with individuals including 3/4  of my staff members at this point. Weve been slammed the whole weekend.
    I was anticipating an "average shift" Had plans to go to my scuba buddy's pool and swim laps prior to sleeping between shifts...that didnt happen as I e had to work 3-4 hours over each day ...(still not caught up)

Looking forward to some Me, my Egg and  duck dog time...they've been neglected too this weekend
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    Remembering that I am a lifelong F1 and loving every moment of this terrific sport.  
    (This opinion is valid until next weekend and I reserve the right to completely change my mind depending on Hamilton's performance  =) 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Watched for the first time in ages yesterday on the promise of a wet race. That didn't quite materialise, but enough for Vettel to punt it into the wall with a bonus tantrum thrown in.
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    FrostyEgg said:
    Cashfan said:

Biscuits on a flat top? Tell me more...
    The MiniMax was along as well and baked them in a cast iron skillet.
  • frazzdaddy
    CPFC1905 said:
    Remembering that I am a lifelong F1 and loving every moment of this terrific sport.  
    (This opinion is valid until next weekend and I reserve the right to completely change my mind depending on Hamilton's performance  =) 
    A while back I went on a crazy bus ride with Mika Hakkinen at the wheel. Those F1 drivers are GBA's
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    CPFC1905 said:
    A while back I went on a crazy bus ride with Mika Hakkinen at the wheel. Those F1 drivers are GBA's
    I often wonder what they would be like behind the wheel of a Mondeo/Fusion. I guess its immaterial for the Monaco residents, but the school run could be anything between Miss Daisy and Ken Block. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    I often wonder what they would be like behind the wheel of a Mondeo/Fusion. I guess its immaterial for the Monaco residents, but the school run could be anything between Miss Daisy and Ken Block. 
    Lewis was impressive in the reasonably priced car on Top Gear.
  • frazzdaddy
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    It was a Mercecdes bus on a track in Germany. Fun guy, just a little nut's
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    @nolaegghead and @DoubleEgger Enlighten me!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    @nolaegghead and @DoubleEgger Enlighten me!
    CFA biscuits are terrible. It takes real effort to make a biscuit that is both gummy and crumbles in your hand. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    From a biscuit showdown article... 

Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Biscuit: With the first bite, you taste the salty butter of the biscuit... and there is a lot of it... and the slight kick of the batter. That first bite is the best part. After that, each bite tastes bland. No distinction can really be made between the biscuit and chicken. It becomes almost like mush with a hint of cayenne pepper. The biscuit is crumbly, bordering on still doughy. You'll get a hint of heat as an aftertaste, but only after your salivary glands work overtime to force all that bread into something you can swallow. Since the batter contains all of the spice, heat concentrates around the edges where there is no chicken but rather errant batter bits that found their way onto the poultry during frying. The Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Biscuit is a heavy breakfast item. It sits in your stomach like a rock. Eating this biscuit without some type of beverage to moisten your gullet is not recommended. At that point, chewing and swallowing become a tiring chore. When paired with a large Coca-Cola with light ice, the experience becomes pleasant. The Chick-fil-A biscuit will keep you full until lunch, but you'll feel sluggish. Bojangles' Cajun Filet Biscuit: The Cajun Filet is its own unique beast. The biscuit is smaller, and not as crumbly. The filet is the star. When you first bite into a Cajun Filet Biscuit, a pattern emerges: You can differentiate between the biscuit and the chicken, thanks to a crunchy batter, which will stay crunchy even after sitting out for an hour or two. You won't require a beverage to help you get this down. The spice is spread throughout the filet, and you taste it in every bite—not just on the edges. Unfortunately, actually getting the spice proves inconsistent. Of the five biscuits I ate over the course of the week, three of them were spicy. The other two were bland. A good Cajun Filet can be identified by the slight reddish hue between the batter and breast. Although eating the biscuit proves easy and enjoyable, it doesn't necessarily fill you up for the long haul to noon. You'll need to add on some Bo-Rounds or a country ham biscuit to keep your stomach from rumbling in your 10am class/client meeting. Advantage: Bojangles'