Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Spatchcock with combo of those two rubs in the shot. Grilled summer squash finished with bacon topped with fresh tomato slices. Mozzarella slices toped with tomato and basil. Wings finished with beer and honey glaze. Got nothin on Nola but it was good groceries.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    *buurrrp*
    You should of farted too. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Looks awesome buddy. Tried my hand at some quesadillas and pulled chicken & pork nachos. Nothing to write home about. But not to bad overall. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dehydrated some shrimp.  4 pounds is now 8 oz.
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    Whats your plan for the dehydrated shrimp?

Status- Standing by.

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Still no baby. Due date was this past Thursday. Hopefully soon.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    @nolaegghead
    snack on them.  also a good umami source for sauces.  they are called for in many Asian recipes. 
    WeberWho said:
    I finished digging up the yard. Edged and rocked it. Moved the wood shed and built a couple wood racks. Feels good to be done. Beer time.

So you managed to save the tree! Mine didn’t make it. It’s sitting on top of my wood pile drying as we speak. 

Looks great. I would get a shower, pour a drink, and just stare at my accomplishment. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I finished digging up the yard. Edged and rocked it. Moved the wood shed and built a couple wood racks. Feels good to be done. Beer time.

So you managed to save the tree! Mine didn’t make it. It’s sitting on top of my wood pile drying as we speak. 

Looks great. I would get a shower, pour a drink, and just stare at my accomplishment. 
    Thanks! I'd like to take the weed/tree out at some point. I had to get the wood shed moved out from against the house. I'm really hoping to paint the house this fall. So it needed to get moved elsewhere. The best solution was at the end of the neighbors fence. On top of that I ended up with a bunch of wood that I split up from my parents place. I wasn't expecting my parents to drop the tree this year. So I've had stacks of wood chilling in the garage the last month or two. So something needed to happen. If I had more time I'd rip the weed/tree out before finding a permanent location for the split wood and shed. Unfortunately I knew I wouldn't have the time so I just went around it with matting, edging, and rock. It works okay for now but it will come out someday with a few other trees/bushes. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    @nolaegghead
    snack on them.  
    That ^^^^^^ was my hunch.  

Status- Standing by.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Damn...my back hurts just lookin at the picture.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Damn...my back hurts just lookin at the picture.
    I've kind of picked away on it the last month. Weekends have been packed with activity so I just went at it when I could. The worst by far was removing grass for the matting and rock. I had a couple nice blisters from that. I was very fortunate and found a guy on Craigslist who was giving away river rock for free. He already had it piled on his driveway for pickup. On top of that he had a skid loader to dump it in my truck. So I really got off easy with the rock. I used my snowmobile trailer to move and stack the split wood from the garage to the racks. That took up a good part of the day today. Overall it wasn't too bad. Much easier to pick at it rather than trying to get it done in a weekend.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Trying to refrain from eating all the M&M, chocolate chip and toffee cookies my wife made for tomorrow’s small group get together.  Addictive and delicious. 

The solution to this is simple. Just drop out of small group and eat all of them yourself. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • 4littleeggs
    Options
    My new toy!! Then off to the circus parade!!
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    It's not Pope's but it'll do..... 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    It's not Pope's but it'll do..... 

I’ll have a cajun filet biscuit and two BoBerry biscuits please. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,657
    Options
    Steak egg cheese biscuit, bo rounds and a large sweet tea 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Bo > Popeye’s
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    TTC said:
    Bo > Popeye’s
    Biscuitville > Bo > Popeye’s 
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    Today’s plans. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Tiger is looking good today. Lil’ Spieth better watch out! 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Went to the Foo Fighters concert @ Fenway Park last night. Fun night, but acoustically a horrible place to see a show. My ears were ringing for hours after we left. Pic from Foo social media...mine weren’t good. 

Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Coffee, the Open and just lit the egg.  Afternoon delivery of pork belly burnt ends to a party.
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    Legume said:
    Coffee, the Open and just lit the egg.  Afternoon delivery of pork belly burnt ends to a party.
    It's been far too long since i've made those. One of my favorites off the egg for sure.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    MJG said:
    Went to the Foo Fighters concert @ Fenway Park last night. Fun night, but acoustically a horrible place to see a show. My ears were ringing for hours after we left. Pic from Foo social media...mine weren’t good. 

Great pic.  I wish more bands/promoters would avoid venues with poor sound.  Lots of great bands book into the Irwin center here in Austin and it’s a bigger echo chamber than either Fox News or MSNBC.  I won’t go, it’s money lost.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    MJG said:

Nothing like a Dave Grohl scream 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Legume said:
    MJG said:

Great pic.  I wish more bands/promoters would avoid venues with poor sound.  Lots of great bands book into the Irwin center here in Austin and it’s a bigger echo chamber than either Fox News or MSNBC.  I won’t go, it’s money lost.
    Well that is rather upsetting.  I’m going to see Fleetwood Mac in February at the Irwin Center
    Midland, TX XLBGE