Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617

I treat my staff to a bag of Bo once a week, best biscuits hands down.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    edited July 2018
    still waiting on the rover.  still needs the side step installed(broken mounts from it getting torn off, you would think that was one of the first things they fixed before the paint)  paint needs to be clayed before the autobahn film goes on the hood bumper and fenders,  not sure i wanted that but its going on, does anyone know how long that holds up or is it going to be a hassle?

going on 2 months, so far no mechanical issues =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
     Whoa! what I said was "The closest thing to a good ff biscuit in ohio is chick fila chicken egg cheese"   
      I was hoping you were going to give me a better example in Ohio. Personally I love Bojangles and there is good news, they are planning to open one in Cincinnati!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
     Whoa! what I said was "The closest thing to a good ff biscuit in ohio is chick fila chicken egg cheese"   
      I was hoping you were going to give me a better example in Ohio. Personally I love Bojangles and there is good news, they are planning to open one in Cincinnati!
    I feel sorry for you guys if CFA is the best you’ve got. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    Its brutal. they cut their pizzas into square pieces too!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    SonVolt said:
    Channeling my inner-APL.

Duuuuuude....
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • jeffwit said:
    SonVolt said:
    Channeling my inner-APL.

Duuuuuude....
    My mouth just started watering. Man that looks amazing. What kind of steak is that?  Is that chimichuri sauce?  So many questions. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • just got back from Dr’s office. Been trying to recover from my discectomy that I had almost 2 weeks ago. Had major discomfort in same area that started Saturday and has been getting worse. Now waiting for insurance to approve a second MRI. going to hear what this dr says and if I don’t like it it’s time for a second opinion.  Gotta get better. I have football games to go to. Not the way I wanted to spend my summer. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    jeffwit said:
    SonVolt said:
    Channeling my inner-APL.

Duuuuuude....
    My mouth just started watering. Man that looks amazing. What kind of steak is that?  Is that chimichuri sauce?  So many questions. 

It's a flank steak, and the thinner cuts are pork shoulder.... No chimichuri, that's just parsley sprinkled on top, but there is a "board dressing" in APL speak, which is essentially just whatever leftover basting fat you have poured on the cutting board along with parsley and a sprinkle of salt. You plop your meat on top and start slicing and serve on the board as a platter.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Just yanked half a terabyte of data off my computer to my external hard drive. Computer was 90% full. Really thought getting family photos, videos, music, etc off my work computer would make it run faster. 

Now the screen is just blinking. Stupid technology. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    Flank tends to be called 'bavette' over here and they are a fine cut.  Great offer at M&S recently saw me stack a load in the freezer.  4 small cuts in a chimichuri sauce.  I was brutal with them; 5 minutes total at 350 C then a nice rest.  Crisp bark and tender inside.   Lovely.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171

Place is insane isn’t it.  I’m not a huge cowboys fan fun I have been to several cowboys game and a Longhorn game. Always a great time. It’s crazy how big that place is. 
    Got a tour of their data center, locker rooms and Cheerleader dressing rooms. There were 4 of them there taking pictures. Beautiful ladies. Stadium is off the charts.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    SonVolt said:
    Channeling my inner-APL.

That board sauce looks killer
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SonVolt
    Thanks! It's just the basting fat I dumped on the board... butter/olive oil/garlic, soysauce, and some Thai chilies. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • All you MM owners. Have y’all seen this?  Saw on BGE’s Instagram page. I haven’t seen it before. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    All you MM owners. Have y’all seen this?  Saw on BGE’s Instagram page. I haven’t seen it before. 

I've seen it around and cooked on a MM in one at my local Ace a couple months ago.  My first impressions were that its a solid option for tailgating/camping. 

Does not appear to be a full-time alternative to a typical nest.   MM footing issues, top-heavy instability and a slight wobble would have me concerned in a storm. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    johnnyp said:
    All you MM owners. Have y’all seen this?  Saw on BGE’s Instagram page. I haven’t seen it before. 

I've seen it around and cooked on a MM in one at my local Ace a couple months ago.  My first impressions were that its a solid option for tailgating/camping. 

Does not appear to be a full-time alternative to a typical nest.   MM footing issues, top-heavy instability and a slight wobble would have me concerned in a storm. 

It’s pretty sturdy. Latches to the stand. Not
    sure about in the sand as shown, but you can dig it in a bit in that case. 
  • SonVolt
    I can barely carry my chair and cooler to the beach in a single trip... if for some reason I needed to haul cooking equipment down with me, a 75lb MM would not be my first choice. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp said:

It’s pretty sturdy. Latches to the stand. Not
    sure about in the sand as shown, but you can dig it in a bit in that case. 
    I suppose you would have more experience than I would, but the latches didn’t seem very secure.  The geometry of the MM feet were close, but not perfectly aligned with the stand and it’s latches.  Left too much wiggle room, IMO. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    edited July 2018
    FrostyEgg said:
    Headed to the hospital. Wife's being induced this evening. Can't wait meet our little girl! I went shopping for another pistol today so I can do my best to scare off the boys in 16 years.
    Congrats! Thoughts and prayers for a healthy little girl and no complications for her or Mom. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Festering at the DFW airport....delays, cancelations....I love the suspense of air travel.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Festering at the DFW airport....delays, cancelations....I love the suspense of air travel.
    It is important that you love what you do.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    I flew from Sioux Falls to SLC yesterday, with a 5-hour layover in Denvoid.  Thank goodness everything was on time, I had a killer toothache and would've been on the news had I been delayed any.  Oof-dah.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• johnnyp
    FrostyEgg said:
    Headed to the hospital. Wife's being induced this evening. Can't wait meet our little girl! I went shopping for another pistol today so I can do my best to scare off the boys in 16 years.
    Congrats! 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348

Drinking a new to me beer. I like it. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444

Thai beef salad for dinner

LBGE

Pikesville, MD