Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    FrostyEgg said:
    Legume said:
    Coffee, the Open and just lit the egg.  Afternoon delivery of pork belly burnt ends to a party.
    It's been far too long since i've made those. One of my favorites off the egg for sure.
    This belly looked good, but very, very fatty once I cut into it.  I think I'm going to cook it more slowly to render off more fat than usual.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    edited July 2018
    Legume said:
    MJG said:
    Went to the Foo Fighters concert @ Fenway Park last night. Fun night, but acoustically a horrible place to see a show. My ears were ringing for hours after we left. Pic from Foo social media...mine weren’t good. 

Great pic.  I wish more bands/promoters would avoid venues with poor sound.  Lots of great bands book into the Irwin center here in Austin and it’s a bigger echo chamber than either Fox News or MSNBC.  I won’t go, it’s money lost.
    Well that is rather upsetting.  I’m going to see Fleetwood Mac in February at the Irwin Center
    You might be ok, just depends on how loud they push it.  I saw Rush there and it was way too loud, the sound just gets muddled.  I don’t think of Fleetwood Mac as a loud band.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Legume said:
    MJG said:
    Went to the Foo Fighters concert @ Fenway Park last night. Fun night, but acoustically a horrible place to see a show. My ears were ringing for hours after we left. Pic from Foo social media...mine weren’t good. 

Great pic.  I wish more bands/promoters would avoid venues with poor sound.  Lots of great bands book into the Irwin center here in Austin and it’s a bigger echo chamber than either Fox News or MSNBC.  I won’t go, it’s money lost.
    We saw Metallica at the new Braves stadium. The acoustics and ability to see were terrible. We’ll never go there for a concert again. 
  • Legume
    Ooooh, the Open just got really interesting.
    Not a felon
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Not a golf fan, but watching to see if Tiger can pull it off.
  • DoubleEgger
    Tiger’s got this. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    TTC said:
    Bo > Popeye’s
    Biscuitville > Bo > Popeye’s 
    Preach it. Biscuitville is the best thing about my frequent travel to NC, better even than the legendary que. mmmmmm
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Test passed and the benefit of cutting your own chicken. Stock! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    ColtsFan said:
    Test passed and the benefit of cutting your own chicken. Stock! 
    Still have all of your fingers? 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088

Cool to see the fish ladders too.  Once on a while you would see a tail as one entered it. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    Making a knife grinder.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    @DoubleEgger indeed  :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    ColtsFan said:
    Getting ready to break this bad boy in on a whole chicken. It has great hand feel 

You should mail that knife back you can still see the hammer marks! =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Just watched our neighborhood bad boy dive bomb on a nice fish. Sorry for the low quality pic. Cell phone on zoom. 

Merica
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    YukonRon said:
    Beer Olympics referees. We were the only adults there. Good thing. There might be parents that were not so proud of their children's finest (?) moments.

We supplied coolers and a table. Also first aid to those who enjoyed a few more than they thought they could handle. The images captured on the cell phone guarantees bargaining power, against this group, as long as I live.

Pay no attention to the person leaning over the rail....millineal, took a nap, went to a safe place, hurled, then checked for messages, followed by a selfie. 
    Oh man, it's been awhile since I participated in the Beer Olympics... What were the events? Hopefully USA took home the gold!
  • @ColtsFan you have made a solid life decision this weekend.

@YukonRon time will tell...

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    My new toy!! Then off to the circus parade!!
     lol! I didn' t scroll down and thought the wagon was your new toy!!

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    edited July 2018
    FrostyEgg said:
    YukonRon said:
    Beer Olympics referees. We were the only adults there. Good thing. There might be parents that were not so proud of their children's finest (?) moments.

We supplied coolers and a table. Also first aid to those who enjoyed a few more than they thought they could handle. The images captured on the cell phone guarantees bargaining power, against this group, as long as I live.

Pay no attention to the person leaning over the rail....millineal, took a nap, went to a safe place, hurled, then checked for messages, followed by a selfie. 
    Oh man, it's been awhile since I participated in the Beer Olympics... What were the events? Hopefully USA took home the gold!
    1st was North Korea Missle Army, followed (in order) USA Team Trump, The Netherlands Bicycle Team , Morroco Bob Sled Team, Red Hot Chile Peppers, and last place the United Kingdom Wedding Crashers.
    Hurling for volume and distance (non sanctioned); First Place: The Netherlands Bicycle Team. 5 others tied for second
    There were 10 events, from event three to 10, it was more about life support to many of the participants, as they failed to have a proper breakfast prior to participating in the team event.
    We got to keep the whistles.
    I doubt, seriously if this group, forming America's future, will participate again in this milineal annual event.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    forgot to take pics of the beef and ckn kabobs and this was at the finish, and during the ice cream buffet
    and some peeps left and we are in Netflix and chill mode until their flight back to SA.
    we are in Netflix and chill mode
    I have been in chill mode all day too. My neuropathy has really been giving me trouble today so I’m just sitting here doing nothing. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    TTC said:
    Bo > Popeye’s
    Biscuitville > Bo > Popeye’s 
    We had biscuitville for the first time on our way home from NCBB18.

not impressed.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA