Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,008
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting outside doing a little work and listening to Taylor Swift. I really hope she lands in my backyard  
    I really hope she mows mine; it's hot out there.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting outside doing a little work and listening to Taylor Swift. I really hope she lands in my backyard  
    That’s why I have a FIL. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen. She is very particular about her nails.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,993
    Just watched the latest clip from Sasha Baron Cohen’s new show.  I know that’s tangentially political, and my apologies for that, but I can’t stop laughing at this guy who was talked into trying to scare a terrorist away by dropping trou and trying to chase him with his bare backside because ISIS is afraid of turning gay.  Oh.  My.  God.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    Just watched the latest clip from Sasha Baron Cohen’s new show.  I know that’s tangentially political, and my apologies for that, but I can’t stop laughing at this guy who was talked into trying to scare a terrorist away by dropping trou and trying to chase him with his bare backside because ISIS is afraid of turning gay.  Oh.  My.  God.
    That's not the latest clip. That was from the weekend before this past. Go check on last nights' episode and report back. :rofl:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    My grandfathers shaving mug from a barbershop in Rome, GA

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SonVolt said:
    Did a Pork Tenderloin with a Habanero syrup glaze over the weekend, again with the High & Low™ method. Served with eggplant and smoked sausages. Eggplant has been the surprise hit of the garden this season.

That looks mighty fine brother Volt. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Haven’t watched, but that sounds like the GA politician who eventually resigned.  Proud of our legislators. 
  • DMW
    Haven’t watched, but that sounds like the GA politician who eventually resigned.  Proud of our legislators. 
    You need to watch, really, you do.
    https://youtu.be/4k4pMTsa1Kw?t=2m50s

And yes, he did resign, the day after that aired, after initially resisting calls for his resignation.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    edited July 2018
    One and the same.  Here’s the clip:

As a warning, turn the volume down before you watch it.  

Edit: Dwayne beat me to it.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    SGH said:
    My grandfathers shaving mug from a barbershop in Rome, GA

Wow!  I’m humbled with a double!!! Thanks
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• DMW

Ah ha, I think I figured out why sometimes YouTube links don't embed. If you just copy/paste the URL from your browser, it doesn't embed. You need to click the "Share" button and copy/paste that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    DMW said:

Ah ha, I think I figured out why sometimes YouTube links don't embed. If you just copy/paste the URL from your browser, it doesn't embed. You need to click the "Share" button and copy/paste that.
    Actually if you just post the full link from YouTube and not the shortened one, it also tends to embed just fine.  In this case I thought most folks would actually prefer a link, due to the nature of the clip.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Don’t care what your politics. That’s freaking hilarious. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SGH
    edited July 2018
    It’s going to be a great evening fellows. I’m finishing up the last one of a 12 pack of Dixie beer. Going to lather up the ole Tabac and Taylor Of Old Bond Street for a late evening shave. And yep, you guessed it, that’s the Muhle R41 standing by and at the ready. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW said:

Actually if you just post the full link from YouTube and not the shortened one, it also tends to embed just fine.  In this case I thought most folks would actually prefer a link, due to the nature of the clip.
    Ah, good to know.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    SGH said:
    It’s going to be a great evening fellows. I’m finishing up the last one of a 12 pack of Dixie beer. Going to lather up the ole Tabac and Taylor Of Old Bond Street for a late evening shave. And yep, you guessed it, that’s the Muhle R41 standing by and at the ready. 

Buddy, sorry you couldn't make it over this weekend, I really wanted to chat about how to improve my shaving, was hoping you could give me a demonstration.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    DMW said:

I never click the share.  Of course, that may be true on some phones.....

Test:  So this is a cut and paste from the browser.  Some random tennis video.

DMW said:
    Buddy, sorry you couldn't make it over this weekend, I really wanted to chat about how to improve my shaving, was hoping you could give me a demonstration.
    Me too brother. My knees have really had me down for the past week. It’s getting to the point that I can’t hardly deal with it. I think I have finally reached the point of no return. Been on the couch just about all day again today. 

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    DMW said:

Bouncy bouncy!
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    DMW said:

I learned a lot about tennis in that video. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    jeffwit said:
    DMW said:

I learned a lot about tennis in that video. 
    Yeah....it’s a racquet.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    30 days till college football!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• theyolksonyou
    Carey’s video was better. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Sitting in my chair, sipping Whistle Pig and reflecting on the excellent shave I just had........ I'm all ready for Tay Tay
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting in my chair, sipping Whistle Pig and reflecting on the excellent shave I just had........ I'm all ready for Tay Tay
    I would like to hear more about that shave my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I would like to hear more about that shave my friend. 
    My wife just asked me why I was laughing so hard. Told her I couldn't really explain it. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    Perfecting my peaks. 
    Started with a pretty heavy brush load of Taylor Of Old Bond Street in a Parker Silvertip Badger Brush. 

Next, into a dry scuttle. That’s the key, start dry and whip all the bubbles out. 

Keep working it dry until it evens and settles. 

Now slowly add water a few drops at a time and continue working and building your lather. You can see those peaks starting to build and blow up now. But we ain’t quite there yet. Keep working it. 

Now we are getting there. 

Those peaks are really starting to stand out now and explode. 

Just unreal. A peak explosion. 

If Arnold’s biceps would of have peaks like this, he would have been champ for decades. 
    A near perfect bowl of lather. It has it all, slickness, cushion, glide, and most importantly, simply phenomenal peaks. 

Lather and shave on my friends. 

Status- Standing by.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    SGH said:
    Perfecting my peaks. 
    Started with a pretty heavy brush load of Taylor Of Old Bond Street in a Parker Silvertip Badger Brush. 

Next, into a dry scuttle. That’s the key, start dry and whip all the bubbles out. 

Keep working it dry until it evens and settles. 

Now slowly add water a few drops at a time and continue working and building your lather. You can see those peaks starting to build and blow up now. But we ain’t quite there yet. Keep working it. 

Now we are getting there. 

Those peaks are really starting to stand out now and explode. 

Just unreal. A peak explosion. 

If Arnold’s biceps would of have peaks like this, he would have been champ for decades. 
    A near perfect bowl of lather. It has it all, slickness, cushion, glide, and most importantly, simply phenomenal peaks. 

Lather and shave on my friends. 
    I'll be damned if I'm going to ask what all you're shaving with all that lather.  :o
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!