Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,995
    SonVolt said:
    I’m concerned you don’t know what ironic means.  Here’s a hint: it’s not like rain on your wedding day, despite what Alanis says.

The fact that absolutely nothing in the song is ironic, in and of itself, is kinda ironic. Dontcha think? 
    Yes.  That is by far the best part of the whole thing.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Listening to my daughter’s phone go absolutely crazy.  Some classes got announced today, so they rising 6th grade girls are going NUTS on their text thread.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Raining cats and dogs here, so I went old school with grandma's cast iron.  Chops with buttermilk gravy along with sides.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Jacksonville FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Dinner is served.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    The Wusthof has been my everyday knife for almost 25 years, all the way back to my years working in Dallas kitchens in the 90’s 

The Shun arrived today via the big Williams Sonoma summer sale. I think I’m in love

I feel conflicted, can I properly love and support 2 everyday knives? 

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,494
    @TTC Many seem to be able to elevate their game well above two knives.  I have confidence you will do just fine.  Sometimes long-in-the-tooth has a way of influencing your perspective.  FWIW-  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    Dobie said:
    If I had a seal of approval, I’d give it to you. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    This that is all. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Spatchcock. First time using the extender for the AR. Impressed so far. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Dobie said:
    There's no way in hell that I will ever accomplish this. I head straight for the utility knife. 

Kudos 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    ColtsFan said:
    Dobie said:
    There's no way in hell that I will ever accomplish this. I head straight for the utility knife. 

Kudos 
    Right there with ya. I don't even try anymore. Charcoal bags - 1. Brandon - 0.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting in my chair, sipping Whistle Pig and reflecting on the excellent shave I just had........ I'm all ready for Tay Tay
    I would like to hear more about that shave my friend. 
    My wife just asked me why I was laughing so hard. Told her I couldn't really explain it. :)
    @HeavyG my wife just says, "I heard you chuckling. Is it your BGE website buddies again?"   Yep. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Wife is out of town. MIL has the kids tonight. 

Free time to do an experiment. Sous vide eggs. Remove whites. Roll in ground pork rinds and bacon. Fry for 30 seconds. 

Creamy bacon pork rind eggs. Better than A1. 

Keto is a strange thing. 
    For some reason today I made a Cajun Egg Bacon Salad....  Only thing not "approved" was the Gator Pickle Relish!

7 HB Eggs
    2 TBS Mayo (Dukes of course)
    1 Squeezed lemon
    2 TBS Gator Pickle Relish
    3 slices Non-Nitrite thick Sliced Bacon (cut to bits)
    6 "Drops" Dijon
    Salt and PEPPER to taste...

Mighty Fine...

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,131
    Just got back from the ER.  Daughter was practicing barrels on her horse and the latigo broke in the middle of a full speed turn.  Launched her and the saddle pretty far.  Hip and abdominal xrays were negative, so all is well.  She will be sore for a few days.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    blasting said:

@Ozzie_Isaac  glad your daughter didn't break anything.
     Thank you.  It was scary.  She is wicked tough.  Usually she gets right back up and hops back on without even stopping to dust off.  This one was way different, but thankfully, everything checked out.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Last minute food prep for a party I've cooked for but will be in California when they throw it.

All packed up, otherwise, ready to catch a couple hours of sleep before time-travel time...uh....travel.  Basically, catch up on sleep on the plane and pray you don't snore.  Or scream. (not worried about the later but it does happen from time to time)
    Glad to hear she’s ok @Ozzie_Isaac
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    @sgh did a decent job with the lather this morning, not completely bubble free but pretty good. Stood up well on the brush, this is what was left after shaving. Mitchell's Wool Fat soap.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Just got back from the ER.  Daughter was practicing barrels on her horse and the latigo broke in the middle of a full speed turn.  Launched her and the saddle pretty far.  Hip and abdominal xrays were negative, so all is well.  She will be sore for a few days.
    Glad it turned out ok. I think I am sore just reading about it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    @northGAcock, glad shes ok. Man thats scary stuff. MIL had one of ours balk at a jump and spent 6 months in traction.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Headed to the airport again, but this time it’s for vacation.  We’re set to spend ten days in NH.  We’ll be visiting family in Westmoreland for a couple of days and then headed to a lake house in Holderness for a week.

Sadly I will need to bring both my own work laptop and my government-issued laptop with me.  Some work stuff to attend to during the week - just no way to completely escape.  But all things considered I can’t really complain. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2018
    @Jeremiah @northGAcock .... thank you! Luckily, aside from bruises she will just have a story, plus the knowledge she can survive the hardest hits (I won't scare her with all the ways it could have really gone sideways).

@northGAcock, glad shes ok. Man thats scary stuff. MIL had one of ours balk at a jump and spent 6 months in traction.
     Yikes! That is the scary stuff! I hope she is fully recovered now.

On a funny note, during the xray process, the tech told her to hold her breath.  Xray tech did the shot, removed the films and we were talking while he scanned them.  Suddenly my daughter gasped for air.  I got startled and asked if she was ok.  She said she tried, but just couldn"t keep holding her breath! Poor kid was holding it the whole time.  We never told her she could breath again!

• JohnInCarolina
    DMW said:
    Headed to the airport again, but this time it’s for vacation.  We’re set to spend ten days in NH.  We’ll be visiting family in Westmoreland for a couple of days and then headed to a lake house in Holderness for a week.

Sadly I will need to bring both my own work laptop and my government-issued laptop with me.  Some work stuff to attend to during the week - just no way to completely escape.  But all things considered I can’t really complain. 
    Why don't you just forward your government related emails to your other email so you only have to carry one device for convenience?
    My understanding is that this kind of activity is frowned upon, and tends to lead to all sorts of undesirable outcomes.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    DMW said:

Why don't you just forward your government related emails to your other email so you only have to carry one device for convenience?
    You can only do that once you reach the highest levels in the game.  Folks at our level can't write rules, we just have to follow them.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    blasting said:

@Ozzie_Isaac  glad your daughter didn't break anything.
     Thank you.  It was scary.  She is wicked tough.  Usually she gets right back up and hops back on without even stopping to dust off.  This one was way different, but thankfully, everything checked out.
    Having seen the competitions previously, has always made me wonder how any human or any horse could effectively negotiate that course, and survive.
    That is a tremendous amount of strength and finesse.
    Very glad to know she will be fine.
    Hope your heart is doing ok....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky